Newbie Thinking Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Newbie Thinking Atheist
Hi I'm qqq and no related to Q on star trek. :--)

I'm interested in understanding the cosmos so perhaps can be said I'm a cosmic thinker.

I dont have problem with word God only in way some people define it.

qqq
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Newbie Thinking Atheist
Welcome! I'm sure you'll find plenty of clever people here with whom to discuss the nature and origin of the universe.
23-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Hi q to the third power Big Grin

welcome !

Be true to yourself. Heart
23-08-2015, 03:51 PM
(23-08-2015 03:00 PM)qqq Wrote:  Hi I'm qqq and no related to Q on star trek. :--)

I'm interested in understanding the cosmos so perhaps can be said I'm a cosmic thinker.

I dont have problem with word God only in way some people define it.

qqq

Unfortunately for you, we have a VERY dishonest theist who uses the Q from StarTrek as his moniker, here, and to whom we usually refer as "Q", so don't get hurt if you're browsing through and see something like "What an arrogant ass you are, Q."

Before you start posting, make sure to read our list of Approved Ideas and Doctrines™ so you don't say something that's not allowed here. Oh, wait, we don't have one. Right... that's only people like Q and Alla who say we do, because they get ridiculed for making unsupportable claims and then insisting on not listening to people who tell them what's wrong with their fallacious logic. Support your ideas well, cite your sources if you're going to push an assertion, and be prepared for honest criticism, and you'll do fine. Smile

Welcome to TTA, QQQ!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
23-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Welcome aboard!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
23-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Hello q-three (One could almost say cutey) Big Grin

We actually have a poster who uses Trek's 'Q' as a handle... Yeah, just as big a pain in the @rse here as the character on the show. Tongue
23-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Well thanks to all for such a welcome. To be clear, I'm not perfect.

Glad to hear thinking about nature of Universe is welcome also.

My earliest memories was about 10 years old laying in field with to best friends, looking at stars, and I stated, that, we maybe could be inside somebody else's body, and so on and so on for who knows how far.

My one friend says to me why you thinking that stuff?

Then as years go by my mother--- a quasi-christian Scientist --is always going on about metaphysical this and metaphysical that, so that set the stage for later years when I began to read Bucky Fullers stuff.

etc......leads to further cosmic pondering.

I love it Heart. qqq^3 I cannot address with confidence. Pi^3 Ive speculated on fair amount over a couple years back.

I have much to share. Will see what comes to mind.

thx again for warm welcome.

qq
[+] 1 user Likes qqq's post
23-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Quote:Unfortunately for you, we have a VERY dishonest theist who uses the Q from StarTrek as his moniker, here, and to whom we usually refer as "Q", so don't get hurt if you're browsing through and see something like "What an arrogant ass you are, Q."

I feel Ive been very spirtually honest person most of my life. I have high regard for that.

..." your ideas well, cite your sources if you're going to push an assertion, and be prepared for honest criticism, and you'll do fine. Smile"....

I have mixture of specuation based on facts on what I feel is rational, logical common sense and to me, that means accessible to greater set of common people. imho

If speculation is not allowed, then I'm screwed!

I also see and easy place to change user name, so will see how it goes....qqq
23-08-2015, 04:11 PM
(23-08-2015 04:06 PM)qqq Wrote:  
Quote:Unfortunately for you, we have a VERY dishonest theist who uses the Q from StarTrek as his moniker, here, and to whom we usually refer as "Q", so don't get hurt if you're browsing through and see something like "What an arrogant ass you are, Q."

I feel Ive been very spirtually honest person most of my life. I have high regard for that.

..." your ideas well, cite your sources if you're going to push an assertion, and be prepared for honest criticism, and you'll do fine. Smile"....

I have mixture of specuation based on facts on what I feel is rational, logical common sense and to me, that means accessible to greater set of common people. imho

If speculation is not allowed, then I'm screwed!

I also see and easy place to change user name, so will see how it goes....qqq

Welcome, q³.

Speculation is more than welcome as long as it's not presented as fact. That gets people's dander up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post