Newbie from Scotland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 05:47 PM
RE: Newbie from Scotland
Hello fellow English person living in a foreign country.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Good point. I wonder what the ratio on this forum is of English people living in England compared to living abroad.
09-03-2014, 04:10 AM
Wonderful.

Here's my humor thread, which I haven't been updating for a while ... anyway, read from the back if you like it, and totally ignore the OP please.

Want something? Then do something.
09-03-2014, 04:27 AM
(04-03-2014 08:13 AM)Helot9876 Wrote:  Thank you for being so nice. I'm not actually Scottish, I just live here! I am a born-and-bred north-east-Englander... no that doesn't quite have the same resonance.

... There's a difference? Britanians are Britanians.

Anyway, welcome to our not-so-humble abode, and may your stay be informative and insightful.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-03-2014, 05:33 AM
(09-03-2014 04:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 08:13 AM)Helot9876 Wrote:  Thank you for being so nice. I'm not actually Scottish, I just live here! I am a born-and-bred north-east-Englander... no that doesn't quite have the same resonance.

... There's a difference? Britanians are Britanians.

Anyway, welcome to our not-so-humble abode, and may your stay be informative and insightful.

Ooh, dangerous ground here. An Englishman is English first and British second.
Tell a Scotsman he's English and you'll likely end up with a Glasgow kiss.
[+] 2 users Like englishrose's post
09-03-2014, 05:46 AM
(09-03-2014 05:33 AM)englishrose Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 04:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... There's a difference? Britanians are Britanians.

I didn't say British, I said Britanian, referencing the Roman province Britannia which covered most of the island, including much of modern Scotland.
It seems far more regal and dignified to me than splitting all of your UK commoners up into segmented peoples. Yes

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-03-2014, 05:52 AM
True but some of us insist on being forever identified with our separate countries. Doesn't bother me but it really bothers others.
I shall henceforth be known as Brittanian. I like it.
[+] 1 user Likes englishrose's post
09-03-2014, 06:56 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
09-03-2014, 04:45 PM
(09-03-2014 05:33 AM)englishrose Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 04:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... There's a difference? Britanians are Britanians.

And just in case you're wondering, FT, a Glasgow kiss involves a Glaswegian's forehead and the more vulnerable parts of the recipient's face to be followed by a "malky". Also known as "a right good kicking". But we'll buy you a beer afterwards. Big Grin
09-03-2014, 04:49 PM
(09-03-2014 04:45 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 05:33 AM)englishrose Wrote:  Ooh, dangerous ground here. An Englishman is English first and British second.

And just in case you're wondering, FT, a Glasgow kiss involves a Glaswegian's forehead and the more vulnerable parts of the recipient's face to be followed by a "malky". Also known as "a right good kicking". But we'll buy you a beer afterwards. Big Grin

I'd like to see them try!

On somebody who's not myself.