Newbie from Scotland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 04:57 PM
RE: Newbie from Scotland
(04-03-2014 08:13 AM)Helot9876 Wrote:  Thank you for being so nice. I'm not actually Scottish, I just live here! I am a born-and-bred north-east-Englander... no that doesn't quite have the same resonance.

Not many people know it, but the Scots intend to take Liverpool, Newcastle and Sunderland with us when we declare independence. Plus it will finally solve the problem of Berwick Rangers playing in the Scottish football competition. So, "Hallo Jimmy".

I'm a Scottish born Australian. I was born in Rutherglen and still have an accent that can burn your ears off even though I left Scotland in 1961. I also have an Aussie accent. So it's "G'day, mate" as well.

But all joking aside, welcome, good buddy. Enjoy your stay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 05:12 PM
(09-03-2014 04:49 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 04:45 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  And just in case you're wondering, FT, a Glasgow kiss involves a Glaswegian's forehead and the more vulnerable parts of the recipient's face to be followed by a "malky". Also known as "a right good kicking". But we'll buy you a beer afterwards. Big Grin

I'd like to see them try!

On somebody who's not myself.

WHAT????? You don't want a free beer????
09-03-2014, 05:15 PM
(09-03-2014 05:12 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 04:49 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'd like to see them try!

On somebody who's not myself.

WHAT????? You don't want a free beer????

It puts my heritage as an Australian to shame to say, but I am no fan of fighting and no lover of beer.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-03-2014, 05:23 PM
(09-03-2014 05:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 05:12 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  WHAT????? You don't want a free beer????

It puts my heritage as an Australian to shame to say, but I am no fan of fighting and no lover of beer.

Hey, a fellow Aussie. G'day, mate. The "kiss" and the "malky" relate to Glasgow, not Oz.

And as for drinks, anything goes. Except I'd wrinkle my nose at Milo.
[+] 1 user Likes jockmcdock's post