Newbie me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2016, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2016 07:22 PM by carol.)
Newbie me
Hi, I am a newbie. I was raised an atheist. I explored different religions and I even attempted to believe in a god of some type, but I am just not able to buy into it. In some ways it would be easier to believe in a god-it would be comforting when I am sick or tired or stressed, and it would be nice to have the social support some churches have to help people through hard times. I do not believe in god or any other type of magical belief system, like luck or astrology or other illusions of control...I think it is more couragious to be honest and kind when there is no belief in a god, and I think that the only meaning in my life is the meaning that I have created. I work with my hands-building and sculpting, I have a little farm of five acres and a hand built house in the woods, I keep bees, veggies and an orchard. Still very in love and pair bonded for many years , must have the biological third tier pair bond genome going on...I hold a degree in fine art, and I taught high school math, science and english. I am looking for some online friends and intelligent/funny /genuine/kind conversation..I also like sarcastic/dark conversation on occasion with trusted friends who will not misread me, and who I know will realize I am just joking about the indignities of life and death.... I listen well and I reflect before I speak or write. I also have a dark sense of humor...watch horror movies and even enjoy musicals...so a great movie would be a musical horror? but I will be careful to not show my dark side unless I really feel like I know someone well enough to guess their reaction......or to people who just really piss me off.Heart Fan of Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like carol's post
31-01-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: Newbie me
Welcome. You should fit in just fine here. Good to have you. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
31-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Welcome!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-01-2016, 07:15 PM
Welcome again. I am counting down the days til Walking Dead. Big Grin We have a Walking Dead thread under the Movies and TV section if you are interested.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
31-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
31-01-2016, 07:17 PM
(31-01-2016 07:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Welcome. You should fit in just fine here. Good to have you. Thumbsup

Thank you...fun to read the posts here.
31-01-2016, 07:23 PM
(31-01-2016 07:06 PM)carol Wrote:  watch horror movies and even enjoy musicals...so a great movie would be a musical horror?

Rocky Horror? Tongue

Welcome.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
31-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Yes... I also like comedy/horror like "Shawn of the Dead."...and "Fido"
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
31-01-2016, 07:34 PM
(31-01-2016 07:06 PM)carol Wrote:  Hi, I am a newbie. I was raised an atheist. I explored different religions and I even attempted to believe in a god of some type, but I am just not able to buy into it. In some ways it would be easier to believe in a god-it would be comforting when I am sick or tired or stressed, and it would be nice to have the social support some churches have to help people through hard times. I do not believe in god or any other type of magical belief system, like luck or astrology or other illusions of control...I think it is more couragious to be honest and kind when there is no belief in a god, and I think that the only meaning in my life is the meaning that I have created. I work with my hands-building and sculpting, I have a little farm of five acres and a hand built house in the woods, I keep bees, veggies and an orchard. Still very in love and pair bonded for many years , must have the biological third tier pair bond genome going on...I hold a degree in fine art, and I taught high school math, science and english. I am looking for some online friends and intelligent/funny /genuine/kind conversation..I also like sarcastic/dark conversation on occasion with trusted friends who will not misread me, and who I know will realize I am just joking about the indignities of life and death.... I listen well and I reflect before I speak or write. I also have a dark sense of humor...watch horror movies and even enjoy musicals...so a great movie would be a musical horror? but I will be careful to not show my dark side unless I really feel like I know someone well enough to guess their reaction......or to people who just really piss me off.Heart Fan of Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.

Welcome! Dark humor, snark, assholishness... we have it all! You'll fit right in. Tongue

Musical horror, huh.... have you ever heard of The Rocky Horror Picture Show? Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
31-01-2016, 07:39 PM
(31-01-2016 07:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 07:06 PM)carol Wrote:  watch horror movies and even enjoy musicals...so a great movie would be a musical horror?

Rocky Horror? Tongue

Welcome.

Dang it! You beat me to it! Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post