Newbie me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2016, 12:50 AM
RE: Newbie me
(31-01-2016 11:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Welcome to the loony bin.

Where the inmates run the asylum... Big Grin

Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
01-02-2016, 01:35 AM
Hi Carol.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
01-02-2016, 01:35 AM
Hiyas.

Just for the record, I consider all musicals horrific.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-02-2016, 01:58 AM
(01-02-2016 01:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Hiyas.

Rocky Horror's alright. It is playing now in Sydney. I've known many people in various productions over the years. One year with make up and costume still on, I and some of the cast went to the restaurant next door. Some idiot started calling them freaks and prostitutes. This is next door to the theatre where Rocky Horror was playing. Blink

Hard to believe the stupidity out there. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
01-02-2016, 01:59 AM
Welcome!

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
01-02-2016, 04:59 AM
Quote: it would be nice to have the social support some churches have to help people through hard times

This is the place!

Welcome!

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
01-02-2016, 05:21 AM
(01-02-2016 12:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 11:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Welcome to the loony bin.

Where the inmates run the asylum... Big Grin

Bechased

[Image: YqukkV7.gif]

Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-02-2016, 07:07 AM
(31-01-2016 07:06 PM)carol Wrote:  Hi, I am a newbie. I was raised an atheist. I explored different religions and I even attempted to believe in a god of some type, but I am just not able to buy into it. In some ways it would be easier to believe in a god-it would be comforting when I am sick or tired or stressed, and it would be nice to have the social support some churches have to help people through hard times. I do not believe in god or any other type of magical belief system, like luck or astrology or other illusions of control...I think it is more couragious to be honest and kind when there is no belief in a god, and I think that the only meaning in my life is the meaning that I have created. I work with my hands-building and sculpting, I have a little farm of five acres and a hand built house in the woods, I keep bees, veggies and an orchard. Still very in love and pair bonded for many years , must have the biological third tier pair bond genome going on...I hold a degree in fine art, and I taught high school math, science and english. I am looking for some online friends and intelligent/funny /genuine/kind conversation..I also like sarcastic/dark conversation on occasion with trusted friends who will not misread me, and who I know will realize I am just joking about the indignities of life and death.... I listen well and I reflect before I speak or write. I also have a dark sense of humor...watch horror movies and even enjoy musicals...so a great movie would be a musical horror? but I will be careful to not show my dark side unless I really feel like I know someone well enough to guess their reaction......or to people who just really piss me off.Heart Fan of Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.

Welcome to TTA; you should fit in just fine. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-02-2016, 07:38 AM
(01-02-2016 01:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Hiyas.

I am so glad that we have strong emotional reactions to musicals in common. They really are horrific-in a wonderful way for me. I am certan I would enjoy watching you feel a little horrified by it all. But not too horrified, that would be cruel. just seeing you annoyed and perhaps slightly uncomfortable, then I would wisk you away and offer snacks as compensation, while laughing at you. And of course teasing you about it. but gently. And then singing to you a little. But not so much as you would find me too annoying. Then ask you about your day in a kind way.

I think it would also be wonderful to start to sing in a flash mob-or better yet sing and dance. And still better, sing dance and act while people stare, some in horror, confusion or wearing a huge smile.

Musicals take life and shake it by the scruff of its scrawny yet muscular neck and sing to it. They compartmentalize and simplify basic human events into managable units and then add the art. A wonderful singer/actor/dancer can take even the most absurd lyrics and situations and make them glorious. I just love that. I love the feeling of getting lost in watching very talented and beautiful people, and then walking away feeling better, even though what they sang was nonsense. Harmeless nonsense. Perhaps that may be like what some people feel coming out of a religious revival meeting? The combination of artsy stuff , and lack of thinking seriously about anyting for a few hours is so fun and relaxing to me, especially after drinking a glass of wine.
01-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post