A leap of faith made me fall back in line

Heart perfection, thank you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
01-02-2016, 11:27 AM
RE: Newbie me
(01-02-2016 07:38 AM)carol Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 01:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Hiyas.

Just for the record, I consider all musicals horrific.

I am so glad that we have strong emotional reactions to musicals in common. They really are horrific-in a wonderful way for me. I am certan I would enjoy watching you feel a little horrified by it all. But not too horrified, that would be cruel. just seeing you annoyed and perhaps slightly uncomfortable, then I would wisk you away and offer snacks as compensation, while laughing at you. And of course teasing you about it. but gently. And then singing to you a little. But not so much as you would find me too annoying. Then ask you about your day in a kind way.

I think it would also be wonderful to start to sing in a flash mob-or better yet sing and dance. And still better, sing dance and act while people stare, some in horror, confusion or wearing a huge smile.

Musicals take life and shake it by the scruff of its scrawny yet muscular neck and sing to it. They compartmentalize and simplify basic human events into managable units and then add the art. A wonderful singer/actor/dancer can take even the most absurd lyrics and situations and make them glorious. I just love that. I love the feeling of getting lost in watching very talented and beautiful people, and then walking away feeling better, even though what they sang was nonsense. Harmeless nonsense. Perhaps that may be like what some people feel coming out of a religious revival meeting? The combination of artsy stuff , and lack of thinking seriously about anyting for a few hours is so fun and relaxing to me, especially after drinking a glass of wine.

No, they horrify me to the point of regurgitation, perhaps on your nice new $160 shoes. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-02-2016, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 08:33 PM by carol.)
(01-02-2016 11:27 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  [quote='carol' pid='939634' dateline='1454333924']

No, they horrify me to the point of regurgitation, perhaps on your nice new $160 shoes. Smile
01-02-2016, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 08:34 PM by carol.)
(01-02-2016 11:27 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  [quote='carol' pid='939634' dateline='1454333924']

I
01-02-2016, 08:25 PM
(01-02-2016 07:23 PM)carol Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 11:27 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  No, they horrify me to the point of regurgitation, perhaps on your nice new $160 shoes. Smile

I would NEVER spend $160 on shoes-perhaps really great hiking boots? ...perhaps. No, I am so certain I would still never spend that much money...usually buy second hand, have New England frugal feels.... anyway, about my hiking boots, It is OK if you puke on em. it would just break em in. They are already dirty...
However I am a great singer- can still sing for you-from a different genre perhaps. Cause I take kindly to you and puke tastes bad in your mouth.

mis-matched quotes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2016, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2016 09:04 PM by carol.)
(01-02-2016 08:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 07:23 PM)carol Wrote:  I would NEVER spend $160 on shoes-perhaps really great hiking boots? ...perhaps. No, I am so certain I would still never spend that much money...usually buy second hand, have New England frugal feels.... anyway, about my hiking boots, It is OK if you puke on em. it would just break em in. They are already dirty...
However I am a great singer- can still sing for you-from a different genre perhaps. Cause I take kindly to you and puke tastes bad in your mouth.

mis-matched quotes

Yes, it is. I tried to edit my reply am am unable to. I am also unable to delete the extra reply. I think it may be a glitch. Thank you for helpng meBig Grin
02-02-2016, 12:28 AM
Loves me some hiking.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
03-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Croeso, welcome to the forums.
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
03-02-2016, 05:04 PM
I like you already.
Stick around.
We believe in "Bob" here. You will too, soon. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-02-2016, 05:20 PM
(03-02-2016 05:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I like you already.
Stick around.
We believe in "Bob" here. You will too, soon. Angel

All hail Slack!

[Image: bob2_1.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post