Newbie to health

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: Newbie to health
(09-01-2014 11:43 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  If you find that you're too tired at the end of the day for a workout,
how about trying to workout early in the morning?
It gives you extra energy during the day by pumping up your metabolism and heart rate.

Funny you should mention that. When I first started doing my little work out (I start work at 6am) stuff I noticed an immediate (better) difference. I just wish I was a morning person. Make it so much easier

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 12:18 PM
(09-01-2014 12:10 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:43 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  If you find that you're too tired at the end of the day for a workout,
how about trying to workout early in the morning?
It gives you extra energy during the day by pumping up your metabolism and heart rate.

Funny you should mention that. When I first started doing my little work out (I start work at 6am) stuff I noticed an immediate (better) difference. I just wish I was a morning person. Make it so much easier

Yeah I would encourage you to keep trying to work out in the morning, push through a couple of weeks of doing it and your body will adjust to your new schedule.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 1 user Likes djkamilo's post
09-01-2014, 12:23 PM
(09-01-2014 11:06 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I suppose you're right. I really should. Just seems like every time I do I'll "start tomorrow" Frusty

Ah, procrastination! I am too familiar with that temptress. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Khare's post
09-01-2014, 12:29 PM
(09-01-2014 12:18 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Yeah I would encourage you to keep trying to work out in the morning, push through a couple of weeks of doing it and your body will adjust to your new schedule.

Fair enough. I'll keep trying it. Once I get over my sprained back... Sadcryface2

Atir aissom atir imon
09-01-2014, 12:30 PM
(09-01-2014 12:23 PM)Khare Wrote:  Ah, procrastination! I am too familiar with that temptress. Big Grin

Yeah, that's my life right there Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
09-01-2014, 10:53 PM
(09-01-2014 10:47 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Ok, so I just graduated high school last year. I was never much for sports, but I kept myself fit by playing paintball, surfing, snowboarding, and just being fairly active. Although, now that I'm in the "real world" I'm having trouble keeping my activity level up. My job requires me to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and by the time I get home the last thing want to do is work out.

Yeah, this is a big problem for a lot of people. Research has shown a correlation between too much sitting and health problems.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/03/28/st...ur-health/

You should try to find a more physical job, if possible.
09-01-2014, 11:19 PM
I have one giant ab.

Seriously, from a diet perspective, the key is to have five smallish meals a day and stop eating by 10p. The steady meals will keep your metabolism working all day. When you cut your meals to anywhere between 1-3 a day, your body will start to cling to the calories, believing it might not get another meal for a while. Don't starve yourself.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2014, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 11:34 PM by Im_Ryan.)
(09-01-2014 10:53 PM)Juv Wrote:  Yeah, this is a big problem for a lot of people. Research has shown a correlation between too much sitting and health problems.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/03/28/st...ur-health/

You should try to find a more physical job, if possible.

That's a big if. I live in Southern California, and I have applied to quite literally, 4 pages (front and back - college ruled) of businesses in my local area. Never got a response back from one.
I'm 18, fresh out if high school with no *real* experience. I am a licensed Pharmacy Technician registered to the state, and still nothing. Why? No experience. So, instead of doing what I'm trained for, I'm working a minimum wage job in a parking booth that's in a city two hours away from me (only reason I got this job is because my dad is friends with the boss)

Edit: Just finished that article, very eye opening. Thanks for the share

Atir aissom atir imon
09-01-2014, 11:29 PM
(09-01-2014 11:19 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I have one giant ab.

Seriously, from a diet perspective, the key is to have five smallish meals a day and stop eating by 10p. The steady meals will keep your metabolism working all day. When you cut your meals to anywhere between 1-3 a day, your body will start to cling to the calories, believing it might not get another meal for a while. Don't starve yourself.

Oh no, trust me I could never starve myself. My inner fat kid would never let that happen. I'm just eating less because I'm not as active as I used to be. I'm eating till I'm full basically, and limiting the boredom binge eating

Atir aissom atir imon
09-01-2014, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 11:47 PM by LadyJane.)
To be honest being activity takes work and dedication, and if one can't do it on their own they need a buddy with the same fitness level/goals. My sister and I work together for that.

Also, you can't just be active, your diet (not dieting, just what you eat generally) has to be healthy and it's 60% responsible for losing and/or maintaing a healthy weight. "Clean eating" is the catch phrase these days and if you google machine that you'll find billions of yummy things to eat. Don't focus on what you can't have, get excited and salivate for what you can have.

However, it's best to start with one or two things and get them going or a lifestyle change can be too overwhelming.

Drink a lot of water.

This is the magic formula (if you need someone to say a buzz phrase, lol. Don't fall for gimmicky crap companies try to sell you).