Newbie to health

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 11:52 PM
RE: Newbie to health
(09-01-2014 11:41 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  To be honest being active takes work and dedication, and if one can't do it on their own they need a buddy with the same fitness level/goals. My sister and I work together for that.

Also, you can't just be active, your diet (not dieting, just what you eat generally) has to be healthy and it's 60% responsible for losing and/or maintaing a healthy weight. "Clean eating" is the catch phrase these days and if you google machine that you'll find billions of yummy things to eat. Don't focus on what you can't have, get excited and salivate for what you can have.

However, it's best to start with one or two things and get them going or a lifestyle change can be too overwhelming.

Drink a lot of water.

This is the magic formula (if you need someone to say a buzz phrase, lol. Don't fall for gimmicky crap companies try to sell you).

What do you mean "clean eating"? That just eating healthier?
My ex and i used to work out together, and it was really fun. But ever since that break up I haven't found another girl that was into that lol. I dunno, I feel awkward working out with people. Why I never go to the gym...
And all I really drink is water and Gatorade, and the occasional sprite. (I drink Gatorade for a change, not for any real benefit).
And I'm not too easily sold on diets and miracle weight loss crap, so hopefully I'm good there Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 12:15 AM by LadyJane.)
Clean eating is when you only eat anything natural and healthy. No processed items. You shop around the parameter of a grocery store, hitting the main food group sections and avoiding the processed aisles of junk. Other websites go into detail, nothing worth putting here that can't be web searched.

There are days I am exhausted but I drag myself to the trainer because my sister and our friend will ask too many questions and give me a hard time (especially my sister), but in all the best ways. I do the same to her, cuz if I have to go SO DOES SHE. lol.

I don't go to the gym either, a group of us hired a personal trainer and I go on my own 1-2X a week, running, biking, snowshoeing or whatever for cardio. The strength training is with the trainer.

I'm not saying you need a buddy, but some people find that very helpful, especially if you put stuff off easily. Saying you're tired after work is lame (no to be rude, I do this too every week, ha ha- plus someone has to tell you, I'll be that someone) because someone who is more tired than you is running more miles. You aren't the most hard done by, you just have some choices to make that seem tough.

Gatorade actually isn't really the best. When I feel I need a change I make home made vitamin water, keep a jug in the fridge. You can throw stuff in at night like lemon, ginger, cucumbers, berries, mint- whatever floats your boat- and in the morning it's ready to go. Yum!

ETA: The more you exercise, the more energy you'll have. It won't take away, it'll give. So that's good! First bit doesn't feel like this though.
10-01-2014, 08:01 PM
(10-01-2014 12:09 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Clean eating is when you only eat anything natural and healthy. No processed items. You shop around the parameter of a grocery store, hitting the main food group sections and avoiding the processed aisles of junk. Other websites go into detail, nothing worth putting here that can't be web searched.

Fair enough, I can do my own research on the subject. Plus I'm pretty sure my aunt is into that stuff, I can always ask her.

(10-01-2014 12:09 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  There are days I am exhausted but I drag myself to the trainer because my sister and our friend will ask too many questions and give me a hard time (especially my sister), but in all the best ways. I do the same to her, cuz if I have to go SO DOES SHE. lol.

Ah, true sibling love Laugh out load

(10-01-2014 12:09 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I don't go to the gym either, a group of us hired a personal trainer and I go on my own 1-2X a week, running, biking, snowshoeing or whatever for cardio. The strength training is with the trainer.

I'm not saying you need a buddy, but some people find that very helpful, especially if you put stuff off easily. Saying you're tired after work is lame (no to be rude, I do this too every week, ha ha- plus someone has to tell you, I'll be that someone) because someone who is more tired than you is running more miles. You aren't the most hard done by, you just have some choices to make that seem tough.

Haha, thanks for the honesty Tongue

(10-01-2014 12:09 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Gatorade actually isn't really the best. When I feel I need a change I make home made vitamin water, keep a jug in the fridge. You can throw stuff in at night like lemon, ginger, cucumbers, berries, mint- whatever floats your boat- and in the morning it's ready to go. Yum!

This is already knew, like I said before; I drink it for a change, not for any benefit. (better than coke I would think at least)

(10-01-2014 12:09 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  ETA: The more you exercise, the more energy you'll have. It won't take away, it'll give. So that's good! First bit doesn't feel like this though.

Yeah, the problem is just starting it. I'm gonna try it next week (if my back is better) and I'm gonna try my best to stick to it.

Atir aissom atir imon