Newest Vatican Corruption Scandal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2015, 12:51 PM
Newest Vatican Corruption Scandal
So two new books are coming out relating to the financial corruption within the Vatican:

NY Post article

It is most interesting that instead of prosecuting the financial corruption, the Vatican has chosen to prosecute those involved with writing the books.

I guess we should just be grateful that this scandal does not involve pedophilia...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
16-11-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: Newest Vatican Corruption Scandal
(16-11-2015 12:51 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  So two new books are coming out relating to the financial corruption within the Vatican:

NY Post article

It is most interesting that instead of prosecuting the financial corruption, the Vatican has chosen to prosecute those involved with writing the books.

I guess we should just be grateful that this scandal does not involve pedophilia...

if it did would anyone honestly be surprised at this point ?
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
16-11-2015, 01:30 PM
(16-11-2015 01:04 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 12:51 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  So two new books are coming out relating to the financial corruption within the Vatican:

NY Post article

That depends. How much capacity for denial do you think the religious have?
16-11-2015, 02:17 PM
(16-11-2015 01:04 PM)Ace Wrote:  

NY Post article

Actually, it does surprise me. Unless it's on writing books on how to molest kids.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
16-11-2015, 02:20 PM
(16-11-2015 01:30 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 01:04 PM)Ace Wrote:  if it did would anyone honestly be surprised at this point ?

That depends. How much capacity for denial do you think the religious have?

To be fair, it's not denial in the "that never happened" sense; it tends far more towards denial of the "that was an aberration and those responsible have been dealt with" sense.

... this is my signature!
16-11-2015, 02:35 PM
(16-11-2015 02:20 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 01:30 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  That depends. How much capacity for denial do you think the religious have?

To be fair, it's not denial in the "that never happened" sense; it tends far more towards denial of the "that was an aberration and those responsible have been dealt with" sense.

That is EXACTLY the level of denial that allows people to be surprised yet again. Thumbsup
16-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Proof that a religious label or holy book will not make you automatically moral.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2015, 10:38 AM
UPDATE:

Vatican court upholds prosecution

Quote:Vatican City (AFP) - A controversial trial of two investigative journalists and three others involved in the latest Vatican leaks scandal began Tuesday with judges rejecting an appeal for the charges against one of the reporters to be dismissed.

The charges against the two reporters do not exist on the legal statutes of Italy. The article also states that the two reporters and the three Vatican insiders all face eight years in prison.

So... The Vatican has it's own prison?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
24-11-2015, 10:45 AM
(24-11-2015 10:38 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  UPDATE:

Vatican court upholds prosecution

Quote:Vatican City (AFP) - A controversial trial of two investigative journalists and three others involved in the latest Vatican leaks scandal began Tuesday with judges rejecting an appeal for the charges against one of the reporters to be dismissed.

The charges against the two reporters do not exist on the legal statutes of Italy. The article also states that the two reporters and the three Vatican insiders all face eight years in prison.

So... The Vatican has it's own prison?

Yes they do. It has one cell. (My gramps took me to show it to me when he was stationed there, when I was a tyke). I actually was in it for about a minute.
A "crime wave" is when they have to outsource the work to a Rome/Italian prison. I suppose it depends ... everyone who works there is/ought to be in prison. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Fuck the Vatican.

"I have just as much authority as the pope. Just not as many people believe it" --- George Carlin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post