Newly Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2013, 01:07 AM
RE: Newly Atheist
Welcome (I've just joined as well)! I an relate to the part when you say you identified as agnostic and then made up your mind... Although my "agnostic" part could more be translated as "I don't give a shit", yet after I've ran into a bunch of "Believers" within the past year, I thought it's about time to take a stand. Smile BTW, I was raised sort of catholic... and I'm gay as well. Big Grin

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Going by what you've said, you must have the patience of a saint when it come to your boyfriends aunt. I mean, were I in your place, I would have probably kicked the theo-shit right out of her at that point. Or at least, make her ears bleed, I can be very loud if I so please. Yes

Well, best of luck to you in your endeavors, and here on the forum.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Newly Atheist
Crap. When I said Matthew I meant Timothy lol. I got Matthew on the brain lately. Got a new room mate named Matthew moving in next week. Sorry my bad. Please don't crucify me.
12-01-2013, 07:11 AM
(12-01-2013 12:33 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  Yeah it's hard to get her to close her mouth sometimes. Her volume was turned up to 10 and the dial ripped off. She had the audacity to call my boyfriend and I faggots and all we do is f*** each other in the a** all the time in front of not only her kids but the two 5 year olds she was babysitting that day. She was practically screaming.

Being in the Bible Belt is difficult. All I hear every day where ever I go is Have a Blessed Day! It makes me want to punch someone.

You have the ability to do so much damage from within. You should go with it and have fun. On occassion when faced with someone that is devoutly religious and won't shut up, I pretend to be one of them. In talking I say something like I am involved in bible study and tell them that I am studying certain things. Usually I use things that are in conflict with their beliefs. It usually gets them to shut up and sometimes I am pretty sure I planted the seeds of doubt. After all, you know the bible better than most I would assume. If I didn't know more about what is in it than many religious people, I would probably be one of them.
12-01-2013, 08:34 AM
(12-01-2013 01:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 12:33 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  ...
and all we do is f*** each other in the a** all the time in front of not only her kids but the two 5 year olds she was babysitting that day. She was practically screaming.

Where I'm originally from, we f*** each other in the a*** (not a**) but we would never do it front of the children.

That's depraved.
I've never understood the British obsession with the extra 'r'. A** makes it almost polite. A*** makes it... yeah, it even *sounds* shitty. Unwiped.

Welcome to TTA new guy who's name I will remember if you make enough posts but not otherwise Smile
12-01-2013, 08:41 AM
(12-01-2013 08:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 01:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Where I'm originally from, we f*** each other in the a*** (not a**) but we would never do it front of the children.

That's depraved.
I've never understood the British obsession with the extra 'r'. A** makes it almost polite. A*** makes it... yeah, it even *sounds* shitty. Unwiped.

Welcome to TTA new guy who's name I will remember if you make enough posts but not otherwise Smile

You silly donkey!

12-01-2013, 09:31 AM
(12-01-2013 08:41 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 08:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  I've never understood the British obsession with the extra 'r'. A** makes it almost polite. A*** makes it... yeah, it even *sounds* shitty. Unwiped.

You silly donkey!
I thought you meant Anus. Honestly, is was thinking, "Is that even different?" Silly Brits. Tongue

And welcome to the forum mate! Smile

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2013, 01:15 PM
(12-01-2013 12:33 AM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  Yeah it's hard to get her to close her mouth sometimes. Her volume was turned up to 10 and the dial ripped off. She had the audacity to call my boyfriend and I faggots and all we do is f*** each other in the a** all the time in front of not only her kids but the two 5 year olds she was babysitting that day. She was practically screaming.
Good to see class isnt dead. Welcome to the forums. Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
14-01-2013, 09:00 AM
(11-01-2013 10:17 PM)SarnDarkholm Wrote:  Hello everyone. Up until last year I was an agnostic. I made up my mind when despite praying to god to help my dying mother, she passed away due to a genetic disorder (pernicious anemia) that was left untreated because she refused to go to the doctor until the last minute. Since then I found out I have the same disease, but I am receiving treatment. Anyway long story short I decided then and there if there really was a god, he wouldn't let people needlessly suffer like my mother did.

Another factor in my conversion to atheism was my lifestyle. I am gay. My boyfriend comes from an evangelical family and they were none too pleased with us. Me especially. They have texted me and called me on numerous occasions telling me I am going to he'll and I am at fault for turning my boyfriend gay. So Christians and I do not get along to well.

I hope to make some new friends here and to have a good time.
Welcome! Loved your story. I will never forget watching the movie on Netflix "For the Bible Tells Me So". It was another nail in my old christian coffin. Great flick. Highly recommend it. I imagine you would identify with it entirely.

Keep us updated on your life and story. May you continue to find peace and love.

Ellwood
15-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Considering we are all born atheist you are not "newly" atheist but rather "re-became".

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post