Newly Divorced Atheist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2015, 06:46 AM
RE: Newly Divorced Atheist...
(27-09-2015 06:42 AM)hyperhealer Wrote:  Yeah... This isn't going to work. We hung out yesterday and even though she has some unconventional views, she is a through and through theist. I'm not going to keep this going. I can't.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but it's better to find out now than invest a few years of your life for nothing.

There's more fish in the sea. Buy a new rod and stock up on bait. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
27-09-2015, 06:48 AM
(27-09-2015 06:42 AM)hyperhealer Wrote:  Yeah... This isn't going to work. We hung out yesterday and even though she has some unconventional views, she is a through and through theist. I'm not going to keep this going. I can't.
I absolutely think you are doing the right thing,all best wishes to you
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
27-09-2015, 06:49 AM
27-09-2015, 06:50 AM
27-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Better to find out before you invest a lot of time and emotions....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
27-09-2015, 11:04 AM
(27-09-2015 05:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Get comfortable with yourself and your life before you invite someone in to share it.....

^^^^This^^^^
03-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Please let us know how the break up goes.
04-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Newly Divorced Atheist...
Well, I told her that faith is something I've always struggled with and at this point, I am sure that there is no god. Her reaction was pretty much instant. It was a deal breaker. She called me once or twice but I haven't seen her since. I'm kind of lonely at the moment.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2015, 08:19 AM
(24-09-2015 12:56 PM)hyperhealer Wrote:  Where do you guys find other atheist to date? I've tried other message boards, dating apps and just hanging out, but so far, not had any luck. The dating app was the most pathetic thing I've seen in a while. I paid $2 for the app to find only 4 other members... Only 1 of which was female.... She lived clear across the continent! We are supposed to be the fasting growing demographic in the country but why is it so hard to find each other? I'm led to believe that this means that spirituality in a partner isn't a huge factor for people who think like us.

The Nones are the fastest growing population in America, self-identifying atheists in America account for about 2.4% of the population. The nones, are merely a category of people who don't see themselves aligned with any particular religion, but are likely to subscribe to some vague form of spirituality, in some life force, or energy, or the stuff Oprah and Deepak Chopra peddle to some degree.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
09-10-2015, 07:32 PM
OP, I have been out of circulation for a few years now but my impression was that it was not hard to find godless people to date so much as that there are SO many hangups, hot buttons, triggers, cross-currents and undertows the closer you get to someone, pretty much regardless of their metaphysics. Not to mention inheriting another whole set of extended family weirdness, stepchildren, etc. I don't think I would ever put myself BACK in circulation again, if I had the option to do so. I'm finally to a place in life where I am far more loyal and accepting of me than anyone else is ever going to be ... and I don't require any modifications of myself. YMMV, but I guess my basic point is, there is no hurry. Be the person you would like to meet, is your best strategy. Relationships are just tender traps unless you really know yourself and aren't looking -- even subconsciously -- for a relationship to scratch some sort of itch or make some aspect of your life okay or realize some kind of ideal.

It's possible as an atheist to not believe in gods and yet believe in all sorts of unsubstantiated stuff about love and relationships for the exact same reasons you used to believe in god. I am to a point in life now where I no longer believe in anything that doesn't prove out in reality, and wished I'd gotten here sooner, before passing my "best used by" date. Reality bites, but I would have been way better off embracing it from the get-go. So ... keep in mind that the loneliness of living alone is way better than the loneliness of a bad relationship or even settling for a substandard one. You've dodged a bullet here. Ask yourself why you almost didn't.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post