News crew shot during live broadcast.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 09:57 PM
RE: News crew shot during live broadcast.
(26-08-2015 03:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 03:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
I have watched both videos frame by frame.

I find that a little disturbing.

Dodgy

Stfu and keep your judgments and your patronizing to yourself.

Anyone who knows me knows I am genuinely affected by stuff like this. I thought you were someone who knew me and knew my personality enough to not insinuate whatever it is you're going for with that comment.

My comment "disturbs" you? Piss off then. That is how I cope when things like this are shoved into my reality. Real death. Actual death caught on film... I have to view it, almost obsessively before I can move past it. I have to face the horror again and again... Analyzing each thing... Imagining myself in that situation, imagining a loved one in that situation, trying to understand what these people were thinking during these moment... hundreds of scenarios before my mind can move past it.

I did this for all the ISIS videos, porche girl, etc. I was depressed for weeks and would randomly cry when I found out an acquaintance's baby drowned in a freak accident. I kept picturing the poor helpless child in her car seat as she gasped for air.

These images... These stories... These videos... Attack my mind and absolutely rip my heart out. My mind obsesses over these and the only way to move forward is a form of desensitization.

When I've seen it enough; thought about it enough; run enough scenarios; my mind is able to accept the horror and move towards normalcy.

So, so sorry my method of dealing with shocking and macabre is "disturbing" to you, DLJ.

I wanted this thread to be about the people and events that occurred instead of a meta-gun debate or passively aggressively patronizing someone.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
26-08-2015, 10:29 PM
KC - I totally hear you, on that. I have to be very selective about what I see/observe; I can actually experience physical pain that stays with me, or moods beyond my own control, if I allow myself to feel the full amount of empathy for another person's suffering that I am inclined naturally to feel. Sad

I too, have to watch the suffering and try my best to understand what each moment was like for them, and to process that suffering, somehow. It crushes me, and is why I try not to watch too much news of this sort, unless it is inescapable.

It really pisses me off when people assert that we should all deal with suffering and grief in the same way, in one direction or the other "Men don't cry" is just as stupid as "He didn't cry at his own mother's funeral, what is wrong with him!", and all points in between on that spectrum. I've read case transcripts right out of L'√Čtranger , where they use the person's emotional reaction to things as "evidence" by which to convict the Defendant, because it is hard for jurors to understand that not everyone does things for reasons different from their own would be for doing (or not doing) that thing. I try to remember it's just a human failing, and not to be so hard on them.

I hope you manage to handle this tragedy without too much internalized suffering. I've focused on other things tonight, in an effort to keep from drawing too much of it in. I was able to watch the videos only four times each. Sad

Feel better, man. Hug

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Cenk Uygur of TYT shares our outrage.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
27-08-2015, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2015 02:26 AM by MrKrispy601.)
You know me and a coworker had a conversation about all of these random shootings. I don't know is it because it's happened so much or just due to my military experience but these things don't disturb me much anymore(meaning the footage) it's like I've come to accept that a lot of the time the good guy gets killed for no fucking reason by someone.

I don't know it's just they way they handle these things really don't help anything. Why even post that pov video though? I think some things are better left in the dark or at least let some time go by first.

I will say this. I love guns and I'm an avid target shooter in my spare time. I'm so willing to go through more hassle or even lose my guns to at least get a handle on this. How many people have to die before these people stop caring about their precious guns and more about fellow people?
[+] 2 users Like MrKrispy601's post
27-08-2015, 03:54 AM
Comon, KC, you know the score. This is gonna be part of the agenda, and DLJ is just being his ol' irreverent self. Here yo go...

[Image: NgmY4LR.jpg]

Have an upside-down dog and a Hug

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-08-2015, 04:04 AM
(26-08-2015 09:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, so sorry my method of dealing with shocking and macabre is "disturbing" to you, DLJ.

Um. I do think it's... not an ideal approach, KC. Not that I could really say, but if death stresses you out, isn't it better to avoid that stuff rather than to obsess over it? I mean, if I hear that some guy died violently, it's not nearly so stressful as seeing a photo or video of the death. For that reason I've avoided watching any of your linked stuff.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
27-08-2015, 04:40 AM
Bloody hell!

Love the new dog KC! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-08-2015, 04:40 AM
(27-08-2015 04:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 09:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, so sorry my method of dealing with shocking and macabre is "disturbing" to you, DLJ.

Um. I do think it's... not an ideal approach, KC. Not that I could really say, but if death stresses you out, isn't it better to avoid that stuff rather than to obsess over it? I mean, if I hear that some guy died violently, it's not nearly so stressful as seeing a photo or video of the death. For that reason I've avoided watching any of your linked stuff.

It's why ignorance can be bliss. It's also why I don't google those eye parasites that get into the water in Africa and cripple innocent malnourished children. There is a strong case to be made that we're evolved to be this way, that hardship on a large enough scale we can more easily ignore but we have such a strong penchant for focusing on small tragedies of individuals. Our empathy operates stronger on an individual scale, which seems like either a bug or a feature depending on how you look at it. It's one of the reasons why this incident is making the news, but the few dozen that died that very same day from traffic accidents don't even rate a blip on the radar.

I try not to focus on it, but much like the relationship status of more celebrity starlets than I care to mention, sometimes knowledge of these things is unavoidable outside of complete information blackout.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-08-2015, 06:24 AM
I've said this before - and few listen.

Every time one of these incidents occurs - there's a bunch of finger pointing going on.

But - nobody wants to address the WHY of the situation.

As in WHY did this maniac do this????

Simple.

Because now he's famous - which is exactly what he wanted. He went to great lengths to document his actions - and hoped you'd watch it. He got media exposure. Lots of it. Can anyone deny that I'm right about this?

I didn't watch- and I won't. (With my slowassed connection it'd probably take half the day anyway...)

So how did I know about it? The morons on the radio are giving the maniac his prize as well.

What to do?

Use the "Son of Sam" laws to prohibit the media from broadcasting the identities of jackoffs like this - don't allow ANY video, pictures, or audio to be viewed in public forums. The killer views the media exposure as compensation - so deny it to him.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-08-2015, 07:03 AM
(27-08-2015 06:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've said this before - and few listen.

Every time one of these incidents occurs - there's a bunch of finger pointing going on.

But - nobody wants to address the WHY of the situation.

As in WHY did this maniac do this????

Simple.

Because now he's famous - which is exactly what he wanted. He went to great lengths to document his actions - and hoped you'd watch it. He got media exposure. Lots of it. Can anyone deny that I'm right about this?

I didn't watch- and I won't. (With my slowassed connection it'd probably take half the day anyway...)

So how did I know about it? The morons on the radio are giving the maniac his prize as well.

What to do?

Use the "Son of Sam" laws to prohibit the media from broadcasting the identities of jackoffs like this - don't allow ANY video, pictures, or audio to be viewed in public forums. The killer views the media exposure as compensation - so deny it to him.

There is a fine line between attempting to curtail sensationalist reporting and de facto censorship. Unsure