News crew shot during live broadcast.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2015, 07:01 AM
RE: News crew shot during live broadcast.
(27-08-2015 06:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just because I'm being a hypocrite doesn't mean you're not and that I can't call you out on it. Don't like it? tough biscuits.

You missed the point entirely, Muffs. Hypocrite or not... it means nothing in regards to the subject at hand. It's a stupid gimmick. A strawman. Used to discredit. Anyone with half a brain can see through it and/or not use it.

Quote:Hardly. Going through video footage of people dying with a fine tooth comb is weird as shit and it is a little fucked up. It's a genuine a question to ask why you do this. Surely you're not oblivious to how weird it is for someone to do that and thus can't understand DLJs concerns.

Again, it's the tone in which it was presented. Are you really not able to see this?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2015, 07:52 AM
(28-08-2015 07:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Again, it's the tone in which it was presented. Are you really not able to see this?

Meh, I perceived nothing from the tone but commentary flippancy. In fact, it is a needling jab that I am kind of surprised didn't come from me. Shy

As for obsessively going through the videos ... I'm also a bit surprised I didn't do the same thing. Dodgy I can be that way to a certain point and then, I realize it is just horribly depressing and accomplishes little. All I ever get out of it is - 'holy shit, I so easily give into obsessive behavior!' So then... it becomes all about me. The original intent is diminished or even lost.

Kind of like this thread. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
28-08-2015, 08:42 AM
All this time this thread was about you? God, I feel stupid. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-08-2015, 08:59 AM
(28-08-2015 08:42 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  All this time this thread was about you? God, I feel stupid. Facepalm

Yes. Yes, it is.
It is always about me.
You should have known this. Drinking Beverage I done like your tone.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
28-08-2015, 09:52 AM
(27-08-2015 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 07:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is a fine line between attempting to curtail sensationalist reporting and de facto censorship. Unsure

I'm good with de jure censorship in this matter.
Freedoms are not unlimited - the public good might be better served by making it illegal to publish the perpetrator's name or picture.

Making it illegal is not likely to prevent celebrity status. Once it hits the 'net, psychology and technology will do the rest to get these guys their viral-video victory.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart