News on the 'field'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM
News on the 'field'
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...173344.htm

Quote:Photonic Interactions Measured at Atomic Level

ScienceDaily (Aug. 30, 2012) — By measuring the unique properties of light on the scale of a single atom, researchers from Duke University and Imperial College, London, believe that they have characterized the limits of the ability of metals to be used in devices that rely on the enhancement of light

something about 'fields'...

Quote:This field is known as plasmonics because scientists are trying to take advantage of plasmons, electrons that have been "excited" by light in a phenomenon that produces electromagnetic field enhancement. The enhancement achieved by means of metals at the nanoscale...

so let's get this straight, the field is on the fields?

Quote:Until now, researchers have been unable to quantify plasmonic interactions at very small sizes, and thus have been unable to quantify the practical limitations of light enhancement. This new knowledge should help

funny....

New Knowledge?

give'me a break,

it's all about sandwiches

Quote:"Once you know maximum field enhancement, you can then figure out the efficiencies of any plasmonic system," Smith said. "It also allows us to 'tune' the plasmonic system to get exact predictable enhancements, now that we know what is happening at the atomic level. Control over this phenomenon has deep ramifications for nonlinear and quantum optics."...

"Once you know.." are these guys nuts? They need to come onto this forum and play here.

geeze,,,.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: News on the 'field'
I was thinking, I accidentally put a hole in a wall a while back and so got a guy to come in and fix it (because I don't have the tools), it it just hit me that I STILL (3months on) haven't received the bill.

huh..

Oh well, I'm not complaining.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
02-09-2012, 09:57 AM
(02-09-2012 09:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I was thinking, I accidentally put a hole in a wall a while back and so got a guy to come in and fix it (because I don't have the tools), it it just hit me that I STILL (3months on) haven't received the bill.

huh..

There seems to be an emergent phenomenon called "woo-woo", or "woo" for short.
I witness it frequently, these days.

I do wish I lived down there, as I could get Mark Fulton and you together, and we could go surfing, or at least enjoy some stir-fry.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-09-2012, 10:02 AM
(02-09-2012 09:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 09:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I was thinking, I accidentally put a hole in a wall a while back and so got a guy to come in and fix it (because I don't have the tools), it it just hit me that I STILL (3months on) haven't received the bill.

huh..

There seems to be an emergent phenomenon called "woo-woo", or "woo" for short.

I do wish I lived down there, as I could get Mark Fulton and you together, and we could go surfing, or at least enjoy some stir-fry.

Who's Mark Fulton?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
02-09-2012, 10:07 AM
(02-09-2012 10:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 09:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There seems to be an emergent phenomenon called "woo-woo", or "woo" for short.

Who's Mark Fulton?

What ? You don't know Mark ? Oh, dude...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ark-Fulton

http://www.markfulton.org/

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
(02-09-2012 10:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 10:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Who's Mark Fulton?

What ? You don't know Mark ? Oh, dude...

Son, I'm not down with all these hippy hop artists and celebrity tweens that all you young folk are into. I hear the name Bieber and I think it's a new brand of toilet paper ight.
So I can hardly be blamed for not knowing this Mark Fulton.

And after a little read of his website he sounds like quite the nice young chap.

So once you realize that I'm not from Australia which I think you think I am, then sure. But I don't swim, so it's just gonna have to be a stir fry.
Teriyaki Beef I should think.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
02-09-2012, 10:30 AM
(02-09-2012 10:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 10:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What ? You don't know Mark ? Oh, dude...

Son, I'm not down with all these hippy hop artists and celebrity tweens that all you young folk are into. I hear the name Bieber and I think it's a new brand of toilet paper ight.

And after a little read of his website he sounds like quite the nice young chap.

So once you realize that I'm not from Australia which I think you think I am, then sure. But I don't swim, so it's just gonna have to be a stir fry.

new Zealand, Australia, whateva.
Mark is no kid. He's quite the scholar.

02-09-2012, 10:33 AM
(02-09-2012 10:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 10:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What ? You don't know Mark ? Oh, dude...

ROFL! Mark is not a hip hop artist, he is a medical doctor.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-09-2012, 10:38 AM
(02-09-2012 10:30 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-09-2012 10:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Son, I'm not down with all these hippy hop artists and celebrity tweens that all you young folk are into. I hear the name Bieber and I think it's a new brand of toilet paper ight.

new Zealand, Australia, whateva.
Mark is no kid. He's quite the scholar.

pfft, you're right, like Mexico and Canada and the US and the EU and China, they're all the same country, whateva.

And I'm sure he is.

Quote:ROFL! Mark is not a hip hop artist, he is a medical doctor.

What, you never her of Dr. Dre?

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
02-09-2012, 10:46 AM
(02-09-2012 10:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  What, you never her of Dr. Dre?
Wait till I show this to him. He will hoot. !
Mark the hip-hop-doc. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post