Newsbots

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2017, 01:53 AM
Lansquenets for Anglo-Saxons
[Image: zwD6PrG.jpg]

The total dominance of Internet-connected gadgets appears to have provoked something that I would call an epidemic amnesia. Modern Europeans reluctant to employ their own memory and relying this function rather on some magnetic disks and cloud network storages have transformed into some new creatures sort of that antelope unable to refresh in its mind the location of the watering place where it quenched its thirst 15 minutes ago. Indeed, what's the good of doing this sort of hard job when you can just utter 'OK Google'! It's no wonder actually that we can now boast those "bright" achievements in our everyday life and in political sphere as well. We are sclerotic geeks staying totally forgetful of the European civilization cradle, Roman Empire, and busy with plaiting cornrows instead, sticking rings or bones into the nose. We are gladly embracing new wave of barbarism to later find ourselves down and weeping amid the ruins with the foot of Afro-Asian vandals on our neck.

However, Rome belongs to ancient history. Now, what about the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)? I just brave it to ask you, 'Who can now recall the original conception of NATO creation?' I strongly doubt that most readers are actually able to answer this question without surfing their gadgets in search of the relevant information, their fussy fingers habitually over the screens. The sole aim of NATO formed in the USA on 4 April, 1949, was actually defending Europe against the prospective Soviet invasion. We all know things like, "Russians are coming", Dr. Strangelove, Reagan's "Star Wars", and other. Then, there is one more question (you may employ your fingers): 'When did the USSR, the menace that NATO had opposed so valiantly, stop to exist?' Right, it was 26 years ago. I just want you to stay fully aware of the fact: the country that actually brought to life NATO as a tool of defense disappeared long ago. Furthermore, the USSR allies, all of them members of the Warsaw Pact, alliance established in reaction to the integration of West Germany into NATO, are NATO members as of now! These are Albania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Romania, the Czech Republic, and Slovakia. Even former Soviet republics, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, joined NATO. And the process is far from its end. Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine keep knocking at the NATO's door. There is also a slow but quite visible at present effort aimed at pulling Sweden and Finland into the NATO structure.

Such wild appetites are predictably to result in some embarrassment, sooner or later. Indeed, what is the worth of all this militarist jiggery-pokery in absence of any Soviet massive intrusion threat and after Putin's offer on Russia's possible NATO membership? It was back in 2000 that Putin asked Bill Clinton to consider such an option, which provoked quite irrelevant reaction with the American delegation then. That's the thing actually! If Russia really joined NATO, even in some distant prospect, this would eliminate the sharp military mismatch between continental Europe and Atlantic Castor & Pollux. And viability of NATO, as it is, would surely be strongly doubted. That's why nervously chuckling Americans and their European stooges gave Russia the old heave ho. The continuation followed. Barack Obama, who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, acted as a true peacekeeper and pulled towards the borders of Russia his anti-ballistic missile systems. But American launch systems for air-defense interceptors have the ability to be quickly and easily adjusted for launching of cruise missiles with nuclear warheads. Moscow quite predictably ran wild after this impudence. What we have now in the result is increasing confrontation with Russia, the country in possession of the second-largest nuclear arsenal in the world. NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg looks quite satisfied whenever he speaks about boosting NATO military might to oppose allegedly "aggressive" Russia. He also appears to be absolutely happy with the fact that NATO countries with the highest defense expenditures are not EU members, which guarantees continued dependence of the European Union on NATO.

Now, the title of the post must be transparent for you. The European Union, despite all the huge objective challenges, has proved to be a really viable colossal economic and geopolitical project able to withstand the tests of time. With every passing year, the idea of the joint European Army is becoming a more and more topical one. For London and Washington, long used to employ somebody else to rake up the fire, the EU Army on defense of the continental Europe is rather a painful moment. The Anglo-Saxon lobbyists would rather lay down their lives to prevent formation of such an army. Otherwise they won't be able to find the lansquenets ready to pull the chestnuts out of the fire for them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2017, 02:22 AM
RE: Lansquenets for Anglo-Saxons
Huh?

I realise you're new here, and all sorts of topics are discussed in this forum................BUT WTF?

This is "The Thinking Atheist" forum. The clue is in the title...............

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
27-10-2017, 02:50 AM
Needs moar dragons.
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post
27-10-2017, 02:58 AM
(27-10-2017 02:50 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Needs moar dragons.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-10-2017, 03:23 AM
Afro-Asian vandals...oh my.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
27-10-2017, 03:53 AM
(27-10-2017 03:23 AM)julep Wrote:  Afro-Asian vandals...oh my.

I remember reading something similar on the Stormfront website. I can't wait to see how this thread is going to pan out. Rolleyes
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
27-10-2017, 04:52 AM
(27-10-2017 01:53 AM)bradharris Wrote:  The total dominance of Internet-connected gadgets appears to have provoked something that I would call an epidemic amnesia.....

.....Otherwise they won't be able to find the lansquenets ready to pull the chestnuts out of the fire for them.

Um..... yeah, whatever. Sadcryface

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
27-10-2017, 04:56 AM
(27-10-2017 03:53 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(27-10-2017 03:23 AM)julep Wrote:  Afro-Asian vandals...oh my.

I remember reading something similar on the Stormfront website. I can't wait to see how this thread is going to pan out. Rolleyes

[Image: tumblr_m48kj1M5tG1r7tfy9o2_500.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-10-2017, 07:06 AM
I had to google "Lansquenet". Apparently it is a card game, or a German soldier, but I'm no wiser.

The issue he seems to be talking about is that there is a move in Europe to have a European army. I have to admit that my brother, who lives in the UK, goes on and on about this. It's a big deal to him and he hates the idea. He's also a Brexiteer and we fell out over Brexit big time. The point, I suppose, is that if Europe is now a political unit, then why does it have to rely on either NATO or the armies of individual member states to protect itself?

My answer is a resounding: "I don't know, I've never thought about it". I believe that sentiment is shared by about 98% of the population of Europe.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
27-10-2017, 07:10 AM
[Image: n725075089_288918_2774.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post