Newt Gingrich: ‘CNN is less biased than Fox’

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Newt Gingrich: ‘CNN is less biased than Fox’
In what some might consider an act of GOP political suicide, Newt Gingrich slammed Fox News earlier this week, saying that the cable news channel has favored Mitt Romney throughout the 2012 Republican raceand that CNN has been the more "fair-and-balanced" network this cycle.

"I think Fox has been for Romney all the way through," Gingrich said during a meeting with tea party leaders in Delaware on Wednesday, according RealClearPolitics.com, which said it was granted access to the private event. "In our experience, Callista and I both believe CNN is less biased than Fox this year. We are more likely to get neutral coverage out of CNN than we are of Fox, and we're more likely to get distortion out of Fox. That's just a fact."
The former House Speaker blasted the Roger Ailes-led network, blaming Rupert Murdoch, chairman and CEO of Fox News-owner News Corp., for the bias. "I assume it's because Murdoch at some point said, 'I want Romney,' and so 'fair and balanced' became 'Romney,'" Gingrich said. "And there's no question that Fox had a lot to do with stopping my campaign because such a high percentage of our base watches Fox."

"This is nothing other than Newt auditioning for a windfall of a gig at CNNthat's the kind of man he is," a spokeswoman for Fox News responded in a statement to Yahoo News. "Not to mention, he's still bitter about the fact that we terminated his contributor contract." (Gingrich was dropped by Fox last year shortly before he announced his presidential bid.)

Gingrich added that he will attend the White House Correspondents' Association dinner later this monthas a guest of CNN. "The only press events I go to are interesting dinners when the wife insists on it, so we're going to go to the White House Correspondents' dinner because she wants to. And we're actually going to go to CNN's table, not Fox."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/newt-...11492.html

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2012, 12:12 PM
RE: Newt Gingrich: ‘CNN is less biased than Fox’
Newt's gone cuckoo. But I always though Fox News was favoring Santorum far more than Romney.

And though he's nuts, he's right. Fox news is far more biased than CNN is.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
13-04-2012, 12:21 PM
(13-04-2012 12:12 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Newt's gone cuckoo. But I always though Fox News was favoring Santorum far more than Romney.

And though he's nuts, he's right. Fox news is far more biased than CNN is.
Nah they probably struck a deal with Romney 4 years ago. Step aside for McCain and we'll ensure your nomination next around.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
14-04-2012, 03:30 AM
It’s kind of funny that only now at the end, as his campaign slowly soils itself and emits a death rattle that Newt becomes the Republican candidate with whom most Americans can identify with ……….he too now knows how it feels to have a check bounce

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
[+] 1 user Likes Dunhill808's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newt is swimming in campaign debt. germanyt 3 276 02-05-2012 09:45 AM
Last Post: germanyt
  RP supporter assaulted by Gingrich security kingschosen 1 308 31-01-2012 12:11 PM
Last Post: kineo
  Newt must know he doesn't have a chance. germanyt 8 520 27-12-2011 12:13 PM
Last Post: germanyt
  Newt Gingrich reveals himself to be as crazy as Perry Buddy Christ 10 776 20-12-2011 10:00 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Cain to endorse Gingrich germanyt 4 400 05-12-2011 11:53 AM
Last Post: Denicio
Thumbs Down Gingrich's Vision 4 America Exemplified By Religious Org. He Helped Found GassyKitten 3 334 13-05-2011 05:09 PM
Last Post: Seasbury
  Gingrich is a douche Seasbury 10 1,257 06-04-2011 10:13 PM
Last Post: trillium13