Next Gen Batteries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Next Gen Batteries
Scientists from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology have published findings of a new electrolyte that can help with production of magnesium-sulfur battery cells. These batteries would contain higher storage densities than lithium. Magnesium is abundant, non toxic and doesn't degrade in air, making for a very plentiful and useful material. The electrolyte is said to be produced very simply and have a number of promising properties.

Source

The future for batteries sounds promising, and hopefully cheaper Unsure

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
29-11-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Next Gen Batteries
(29-11-2014 10:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  The future for batteries sounds promising, and hopefully cheaper Unsure

If by cheaper, you mean cheaper for the producers of the product to get it sure.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-11-2014, 11:14 PM
(29-11-2014 10:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-11-2014 10:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  The future for batteries sounds promising, and hopefully cheaper Unsure

If by cheaper, you mean cheaper for the producers of the product to get it sure.

Well I meant cheaper to buy since it's produced easier with more abundant materials.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
30-11-2014, 09:16 AM
As long as their recharging potential is improved aswel, this is good news.
30-11-2014, 09:23 AM
(29-11-2014 11:14 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(29-11-2014 10:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If by cheaper, you mean cheaper for the producers of the product to get it sure.

Well I meant cheaper to buy since it's produced easier with more abundant materials.

Yeah no, they will end up like diamonds.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-11-2014, 09:30 AM
(30-11-2014 09:23 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-11-2014 11:14 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well I meant cheaper to buy since it's produced easier with more abundant materials.

Are you trolling? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Do you mean time to recharge or number of recharges?

I would sacrifice time to recharge for any improvement in battery capacity or longevity or cost.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2014, 10:25 AM
(30-11-2014 09:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-11-2014 09:23 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah no, they will end up like diamonds.

Are you trolling? Consider

No, but keep in mind the market will make things they have plentiful expensive, it is not the first thing. That is why I said diamonds, they have a fuck ton of them, just they sell them for a lot of money.

30-11-2014, 02:42 PM
(30-11-2014 09:23 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-11-2014 11:14 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well I meant cheaper to buy since it's produced easier with more abundant materials.

Diamonds are expensive because real diamonds can't be made in a lab, they can only be made naturally. Cubic Zirconia or replica diamond is a lot cheaper because it can be made a lot easier. Real diamond rings can be anywhere from mid hundreds to thousands of dollars. As for Cubic Zirconia, Macys has a ring on sale for $38.

30-11-2014, 03:37 PM
(30-11-2014 02:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(30-11-2014 09:23 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah no, they will end up like diamonds.

Diamonds are expensive because real diamonds can't be made in a lab, they can only be made naturally. Cubic Zirconia or replica diamond is a lot cheaper because it can be made a lot easier. Real diamond rings can be anywhere from mid hundreds to thousands of dollars. As for Cubic Zirconia, Macys has a ring on sale for $38.

Ummm, no. Synthetic diamonds are made in laboratories. They are real diamonds just not natural ones. Cubic zirconia is often cut to look like a diamond but is something different. And, yes. The diamond industry, De Beers in particular, has a long history of artificial price manipulation in the diamond market.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]