Next up: *Protestant* clerical kiddie fiddling.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Next up: *Protestant* clerical kiddie fiddling.
Billy Graham’s grandson: evangelicals ‘worse’ than Catholics on sex abuse (RNS)

Quote: ...

Mission agencies, “where abuse is most prevalent,” often don’t report abuse because they fear being barred from working in foreign countries, he said. Abusers will get sent home and might join another agency. Of known data from abuse cases, 25 percent are repeat cases, he said.

Abusers discourage whistle-blowing by condemning gossip to try to keep people from reporting abuse, he said. Victims are also told to protect the reputation of Jesus.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Abdul Alhazred's post
27-09-2013, 09:24 PM
RE: Next up: *Protestant* clerical kiddie fiddling.
Interesting. Thanks for the link.
Why the hell would he work there though ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
27-09-2013, 10:48 PM
So he can get close to the kids.
27-09-2013, 11:52 PM
The common focus on Catholic sex abuses is misplaced, I think. The difference between Protestants and Catholics is that with Catholics there is a centralized culpable organization to point to. But the same factors that allow sex abuse to proliferate in the Catholic church and the same attitudes that prevent exposure of abuses exist in Protestant churches and missions. So it shouldn't be a surprise that there's an epidemic of abuse and cover-ups in non-Catholic ministries. It seems to "go with the territory".

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
28-09-2013, 06:28 AM
This is just another reason I disbelieve in any gods. Theists don't seem to have any better "morals" than us dirty heathen, yet claim their gods guide them to be better people. Find me a kind, charitable Christian and I will find you a kind, charitable atheist. And you know how statistics show little difference in behaviors.