Ni Hao!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: Ni Hao!
Welcome. I look forward to seeing you join in conversations. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-12-2015, 02:10 PM
नमस्ते

Welcome. I probable am going to suggest the same books everyone else would.

God is Not Great - Christopher Hitchens

The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
30-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Sup, new guy? Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
31-12-2015, 01:53 AM
(30-12-2015 07:25 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi.

There are loads of fine books. This one is a good modern book.

Voltaire's Philosophical dictionary is great fun. But there is also a lot here in the resource section. Enjoy. Smile

Thanks. I actually just finished reading God Is Not Great. It was the first title I read on the subject. I followed it up with Michel Onfray's Atheist Manifesto.
31-12-2015, 01:54 AM
(30-12-2015 07:22 AM)pablo Wrote:  Welcome fellow hoosier!

Wasn't expecting that! Smile
31-12-2015, 02:02 AM
(30-12-2015 01:39 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 01:37 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Howdy, Hao! Smile
Hidey hidey hidey ho! Tongue

Welcome! Shy

Nothing says welcome quite like the smooth sounds of Blood, Sweat & Tears.Smile

31-12-2015, 04:56 AM
Welcome friend...just got here the other day myself.
What do you "Farm"?
[+] 1 user Likes John Silver's post
31-12-2015, 05:04 AM
(30-12-2015 06:44 AM)Hobbyfarmer Wrote:  Hello all. I am a non-believer from Indiana. I tried religion; it didn't stick. Hailing from a Catholic family and surrounded by evangelicals has me searching for places where my lack of belief doesn't provoke awkwardness or outright hostility. Throw in a dash of insomnia and here I am at 7 A.M.
I never never paid much attention to the thought/philosophy behind atheism until I came across the video Atheism: A Brief History of Disbelief on PBS. This left me wanting more. Any books, lectures, videos, or threads that might feed the beast would be greatly appreciated.
When I am not perfecting my skills as an international man of leisure, my time is spent tending my land and working at the family veterinary clinic. I love books, music, art, animals, etc. My interests are pretty eclectic so I hope to discuss a wide range of topics.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record your professional Cricket match without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress. (My silly way of saying "live dangerously" not really, but when you tell someone you don't believe, they look at you like you are a serial killer)

As Bart Simpson says "Don't have a cow man"..... "Chomps on bacon Cheeseburger"

Regardless of religion anywhere in the world of any label, the fantastic claims are bad enough, but just as bad are dietary demands of blessing animals or not eating certain types, exist in all religions.

Catholics "No fish on Friday"

Muslims, "No pork"

Jews, "No pork"

Hindus "No beef"

Vegetarians and animal rights activists today have much better arguments, although even then they ignore our evolutionary omnivore evolution, even domestic cats and dogs will eat meat.

I saw a pack of "Hebrew National" hotdogs above the same count generic store brand but because it was "properly religiously vetted" the Jewish hot dog cost more. What a scam!

The only people who humans should listen to as far as diet are medical professionals, not holy people.

My species is soooooooooooo gullible.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
01-01-2016, 06:16 AM
(31-12-2015 04:56 AM)John Silver Wrote:  Welcome friend...just got here the other day myself.
What do you "Farm"?
Horses, ducks, chickens, dogs, cats, maple syrup, fruits, vegetables, and sometimes goats. I am contemplating Gloucester Old Spots swine, honey and an undetermined breed of sheep.
01-01-2016, 07:31 AM
Barbados sheep are the most care free, unless you want wool...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post