Nice little chat with my dad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Nice little chat with my dad
Well it was more like him trying to convert me. So he calls me not 5 minutes ago due to me having suicidal ideation not actual plans or anything. For a while I kept my folks in the dark because they don't handle anything well. So he goes on telling me how I have to live because of him and my mom and how I should give up my benefits and just leave the military because of what it's doing to me. Then the god talk comes in.

He thinks that because I've turned from god that's why I don't appreciate life and how I need to stop reading all these books and just accept things. Meanwhile when I try to correct him on why I'm actually an atheist he says he doesn't even want to hear what I have to say. Then he goes into the whole soul bullshit and when I try to intervene this time a little more abrasive he again doesn't want to listen because he thinks the devil is talking for me.

I think it's about time I cut my folks off for good. I've told him repeatedly that we shouldn't talk about this because he never even bothers to here my side. I'm so done with my family this is all there is no education no want to even have more knowledge they just want to stay in their bubble and not even acknowledge that I don't believe that way. He thinks he raised me wrong and that's why I'm this way. Just goes to further prove what me and my wife were discussing. Sometimes the great problem in your life is your "family".

Oh did I mention he disrespected my wife by saying I'm suicidal because she doesn't give a shit? Yeah I'm done with all of them. And I don't feel one bit of guilt about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
29-10-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Nice little chat with my dad
(29-10-2015 08:45 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Well it was more like him trying to convert me. So he calls me not 5 minutes ago due to me having suicidal ideation not actual plans or anything. For a while I kept my folks in the dark because they don't handle anything well. So he goes on telling me how I have to live because of him and my mom and how I should give up my benefits and just leave the military because of what it's doing to me. Then the god talk comes in.

He thinks that because I've turned from god that's why I don't appreciate life and how I need to stop reading all these books and just accept things. Meanwhile when I try to correct him on why I'm actually an atheist he says he doesn't even want to hear what I have to say. Then he goes into the whole soul bullshit and when I try to intervene this time a little more abrasive he again doesn't want to listen because he thinks the devil is talking for me.

I think it's about time I cut my folks off for good. I've told him repeatedly that we shouldn't talk about this because he never even bothers to here my side. I'm so done with my family this is all there is no education no want to even have more knowledge they just want to stay in their bubble and not even acknowledge that I don't believe that way. He thinks he raised me wrong and that's why I'm this way. Just goes to further prove what me and my wife were discussing. Sometimes the great problem in your life is your "family".

Oh did I mention he disrespected my wife by saying I'm suicidal because she doesn't give a shit? Yeah I'm done with all of them. And I don't feel one bit of guilt about it.

Sorry to hear this mate. All the best and keep your chin up. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-10-2015, 09:11 PM
(29-10-2015 08:56 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 08:45 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Well it was more like him trying to convert me. So he calls me not 5 minutes ago due to me having suicidal ideation not actual plans or anything. For a while I kept my folks in the dark because they don't handle anything well. So he goes on telling me how I have to live because of him and my mom and how I should give up my benefits and just leave the military because of what it's doing to me. Then the god talk comes in.

Sorry to hear this mate. All the best and keep your chin up. Smile

Thanks man. It just sucks because I was actually having a good relaxing night with the wife.
[+] 2 users Like MrKrispy601's post
29-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Hug It is really hard dealing with religious family members sometimes. I think they just can't understand why anyone would *want* to be an atheist and "turn their back on God." It is incomprehensible to them. I know many in my family strongly feel that belief in God solves everything and they really believe God is watching out for them---even when things go shitty. I really just want to shake each and every one of them out of their delusion. I am really sorry you have to deal with your dad being this way on top of everything else.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-10-2015, 09:48 PM
(29-10-2015 09:22 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug It is really hard dealing with religious family members sometimes. I think they just can't understand why anyone would *want* to be an atheist and "turn their back on God." It is incomprehensible to them. I know many in my family strongly feel that belief in God solves everything and they really believe God is watching out for them---even when things go shitty. I really just want to shake each and every one of them out of their delusion. I am really sorry you have to deal with your dad being this way on top of everything else.

Thanks Jennybee. It's like on top of everyone else not listening so is my family. Shit is getting on my nerves
29-10-2015, 10:00 PM
(29-10-2015 09:48 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 09:22 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug It is really hard dealing with religious family members sometimes. I think they just can't understand why anyone would *want* to be an atheist and "turn their back on God." It is incomprehensible to them. I know many in my family strongly feel that belief in God solves everything and they really believe God is watching out for them---even when things go shitty. I really just want to shake each and every one of them out of their delusion. I am really sorry you have to deal with your dad being this way on top of everything else.

Thanks Jennybee. It's like on top of everyone else not listening so is my family. Shit is getting on my nerves

I hear you. You can always talk to us here. We all understand what it's like dealing with religious family and friends. Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-10-2015, 11:23 PM
The soul thing is ridiculous. There's no evidence that a soul exists. People always go on and on about the soul but it's just neurons firing in the brain, nothing more. So I get a little pissed about the soul thing.

Sorry you're going through such craziness. Do you live near your folks?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-10-2015, 05:35 AM
I'm sorry he is being so unhelpful. If he's making things worse, distance for a while is the best thing.

He may be feeling angry as kind of a blanket over scarier emotions, such as feeling frightened and sad and helpless and responsible (at least in part) for what's happening to you. It sounds as though the only tool he can think of to hand you for dealing with your problems is belief. That's not a tool that's going to help you.

If you can communicate to him other ways he could help you and your family, that could make things better for him and for you. For example, helping with forms or groceries or chores or childcare, etc. Some of that depends on whether you live close to each other. Maybe if he can do something that makes things less stressful for you, he will feel useful and less angry as a result.
30-10-2015, 06:05 AM
Oh I thought this would be a happy story. Sorry man.

*Hug*
30-10-2015, 06:28 AM
He is actually desperately trying to help. He is doing the only thing he can think of that will make life all better for you again.

He doesn't understand that it is making it worse....

Damn indoctrination!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post