Nice try Aliza

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2018, 09:56 AM
RE: Nice try Aliza
I don't care if people bring animals into stores or planes, as long as the animal is well behaved and doesn't pee or poop on stuff.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-01-2018, 10:03 AM
(31-01-2018 09:53 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2018 05:52 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Woman attempts to bring her emotional support peacock onto a United flight, gets denied.

www.businessinsider.com/united-denies-womans-attempt-to-bring-peacock-onto-flight-2018-1

People are stupid. It hurts people with legitimate service dogs. Just recently I saw a woman (it's usually women) walk into the grocery store with her dog. Her dog pissed on the side of thing that holds fruit. When someone complained to staff she got all bent out of shape, saying it's her "support" dog.

Now, I've seen service dogs many times in the store and the real ones have NEVER pissed on anything. They walk beside their owner, in fact except for their size, you'd never know they were there.

Another time I saw a woman pushing a baby carriage, inside was her dog. Now this dog was dressed like a princess. She was shocked to learn the rule about no dogs in grocery stores applied to her dog.

You figure that would be some kind of health violation.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
31-01-2018, 10:05 AM
(30-01-2018 08:17 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  How many of you have ever heard a peacock? It is a freaky, heinous sound I wouldn't want to be trapped with on a plane. The first time I ever heard one it was the crack of dawn, I was twenty, had been out partying the night before, and a neighbor's peacock broke loose and started squawking on my porch at my bedroom window. I looked out and thought I was hallucinating.

There's a neighborhood in Portland (the Lake Oswego area) that has a small population of peacocks roaming the area and some of the locals despise them while others treate them as pets and feed them. A friend of mine lives there. At first he thought they were beautiful and it was really cool to have peacocks wandering around but after a year of living there he wants them gone. They've pooped on his deck and worked their way up onto his roof and pooped there. They've gotten into his garden and pooped and then there's the noise, noise, noise, noise, noise. (to quote Dr. Seuss) The peacock call has awakened him on many a Sunday morning when he wants to sleep in. It's a disturbing sound.

He's called up animal control but I don't think they can do much about it. I can't remember all the details on why that is. They've been there for at least 50 years. Last I heard he was thinking of nefarious ways of getting rid of them. I don't think he would follow through on it but it delights him no end to come up with new and different ideas to depopulate Lake Oswego of those meddlesome peacocks.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
31-01-2018, 10:11 AM
(31-01-2018 09:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't care if people bring animals into stores or planes, as long as the animal is well behaved and doesn't pee or poop on stuff.

For most places yes. I work at Lowe's and it is very animal friendly and it's great. A lot of adorbs doggos go through the store.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
31-01-2018, 10:42 AM
(31-01-2018 10:11 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(31-01-2018 09:56 AM)Dom Wrote:  I don't care if people bring animals into stores or planes, as long as the animal is well behaved and doesn't pee or poop on stuff.

For most places yes. I work at Lowe's and it is very animal friendly and it's great. A lot of adorbs doggos go through the store.

One of my birds has been to Lowes. He was fascinated! And a little nervous. He retreated into his crate at one point during the trip.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
31-01-2018, 10:44 AM

It's a health code violation. Dog fur get's everywhere. Not everyone is keen to seeing dogs, and some have allergies. There's a market near us that recently began offering hot food, you can just load up a plate and they'll weigh it and charge you for the food. They have a sign up saying please pay for your food before you eat it. People have to be told this! On Monday, I saw a woman with her dog in that store, she's holding the dog in her arms and scooping hot food onto a plate, the dog's nose was inches from the food and sneezed on the mac and cheese. EEEEEEEW...It's bad enough kids sticking their grubby little fingers all over the fruit and vegetable but I don't care how well behaved the dog is, if it's not a legit service animal it doesn't belong in a grocery store.

I NEVER once saw a dog inside a grocery store (except for the occasional guide dog) when we lived in the San Francisco bay area. You left your dog at home when you had to go to the store. Moving here, I was literally appalled at all the people bringing their dogs everywhere. They try to sneak them into movie theaters, into restaurants -- it's beyond ridiculous. We traveled a lot with Duke, but I NEVER considered bringing him into a restaurant. I would walk around with him, or stay in the hotel with him while everyone else ate. Once in a while we'd find a place with outdoor (public) seating, and I'd still ask if it was ok before sitting down.

Just this morning a woman almost slammed into another car, she had her dog on her lap, the window open her little white dog hanging out the window and it was barking at all the kids walking to school. Clearly the woman was distracted. I was behind her and just shook my head. She didn't even move the dog after nearly hitting someone. There is no way, I'd want to be on a plane with that woman and her dog. Really, again, what about people with allergies to dogs or cats? Why should they be made to suffer?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-01-2018, 10:59 AM
(31-01-2018 10:42 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(31-01-2018 10:11 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  For most places yes. I work at Lowe's and it is very animal friendly and it's great. A lot of adorbs doggos go through the store.

One of my birds has been to Lowes. He was fascinated! And a little nervous. He retreated into his crate at one point during the trip.

That's adorable.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
31-01-2018, 11:19 AM
(31-01-2018 10:44 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

It's a health code violation. Dog fur get's everywhere. Not everyone is keen to seeing dogs, and some have allergies. There's a market near us that recently began offering hot food, you can just load up a plate and they'll weigh it and charge you for the food. They have a sign up saying please pay for your food before you eat it. People have to be told this! On Monday, I saw a woman with her dog in that store, she's holding the dog in her arms and scooping hot food onto a plate, the dog's nose was inches from the food and sneezed on the mac and cheese. EEEEEEEW...It's bad enough kids sticking their grubby little fingers all over the fruit and vegetable but I don't care how well behaved the dog is, if it's not a legit service animal it doesn't belong in a grocery store.

I NEVER once saw a dog inside a grocery store (except for the occasional guide dog) when we lived in the San Francisco bay area. You left your dog at home when you had to go to the store. Moving here, I was literally appalled at all the people bringing their dogs everywhere. They try to sneak them into movie theaters, into restaurants -- it's beyond ridiculous. We traveled a lot with Duke, but I NEVER considered bringing him into a restaurant. I would walk around with him, or stay in the hotel with him while everyone else ate. Once in a while we'd find a place with outdoor (public) seating, and I'd still ask if it was ok before sitting down.

Just this morning a woman almost slammed into another car, she had her dog on her lap, the window open her little white dog hanging out the window and it was barking at all the kids walking to school. Clearly the woman was distracted. I was behind her and just shook my head. She didn't even move the dog after nearly hitting someone. There is no way, I'd want to be on a plane with that woman and her dog. Really, again, what about people with allergies to dogs or cats? Why should they be made to suffer?

Well behaved dogs heel with their owners and don't sniff at any displays or people or anything. I agree that people need to learn to train their dogs as "good citizens" (that's what that type class is called) or leave them at home.

Re. bird: I had a friend who had an African Grey who would ride on the handle bars of her bicycle and yell: Niners, niners, niners! (This was in Oakland California). He only yelled it while riding on the bike.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-01-2018, 12:31 PM
(31-01-2018 11:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well behaved dogs heel with their owners and don't sniff at any displays or people or anything. I agree that people need to learn to train their dogs as "good citizens" (that's what that type class is called) or leave them at home.

Again, I don't care how well-behaved a dog is, it has no business in a grocery store, restaurant or in any public enclosed space, unless it's a real service dog that is providing assistance to its owner. This whole, my dog comforts me so I get to bring it anywhere needs to stop -- which usually amounts to, I don't want to leave it home alone while I go places. So, yes, a majority of ill-behaved dogs with dumb owners, does spoil it for everyone else. We used to bring Duke with us when we traveled, and I'll freely admit he wasn't the best behaved dog in the world -- he was a love to anyone -- we never took him until he was older. But I would keep away from large crowds, and keep him out of eating areas -- because I knew this about him. Usually he was so exhausted he'd just lay under the table while we ate and I'd keep the leash very short (he had a harness). There were places that anticipated dogs and would have bowls of water set up, he'd walk passed and drink up at nearly each one (I also had a travel water bottle for dogs that I would carry). I always carried a huge supply of poop bags too and NEVER let him pee just anywhere.

I think real service dogs should be tested and have to be registered by a legitimate organization (not the online ones that for a fee will register any animal). A doctor should have to be on board that the animal is needed and that animal should be acquired from a reputable trainer. The animal should be easily identified as a legitimate service animal while working.

Even in Disneyland (and DCA) they allow service dogs, but you have to show documentation (which also involves a letter from a doctor) and they don't allow them on any rides (which should be sorta obvious) or in public lines for rides. I have only seen one in the park, it was a dog in "training" (which is probably a great place to train them) and they even have "poop" areas (one in each park). I don't know why though anyone would bring a service dog there. Disneyland is a little expensive to walk around without doing much else -- and during most of the year, it's too crowded.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-01-2018, 12:36 PM
(31-01-2018 12:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(31-01-2018 11:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well behaved dogs heel with their owners and don't sniff at any displays or people or anything. I agree that people need to learn to train their dogs as "good citizens" (that's what that type class is called) or leave them at home.

Again, I don't care how well-behaved a dog is, it has no business in a grocery store, restaurant or in any public enclosed space, unless it's a real service dog that is providing assistance to its owner. This whole, my dog comforts me so I get to bring it anywhere needs to stop -- which usually amounts to, I don't want to leave it home alone while I go places. So, yes, a majority of ill-behaved dogs with dumb owners, does spoil it for everyone else. We used to bring Duke with us when we traveled, and I'll freely admit he wasn't the best behaved dog in the world -- he was a love to anyone -- we never took him until he was older. But I would keep away from large crowds, and keep him out of eating areas -- because I knew this about him. Usually he was so exhausted he'd just lay under the table while we ate and I'd keep the leash very short (he had a harness). There were places that anticipated dogs and would have bowls of water set up, he'd walk passed and drink up at nearly each one (I also had a travel water bottle for dogs that I would carry). I always carried a huge supply of poop bags too and NEVER let him pee just anywhere.

I think real service dogs should be tested and have to be registered by a legitimate organization (not the online ones that for a fee will register any animal). A doctor should have to be on board that the animal is needed and that animal should be acquired from a reputable trainer. The animal should be easily identified as a legitimate service animal while working.

Even in Disneyland (and DCA) they allow service dogs, but you have to show documentation (which also involves a letter from a doctor) and they don't allow them on any rides (which should be sorta obvious) or in public lines for rides. I have only seen one in the park, it was a dog in "training" (which is probably a great place to train them) and they even have "poop" areas (one in each park). I don't know why though anyone would bring a service dog there. Disneyland is a little expensive to walk around without doing much else -- and during most of the year, it's too crowded.

Now I wanna see a dog riding a roller coaster.