Nice try Aliza

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2018, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2018 01:15 PM by Vera.)
RE: Nice try Aliza
Yeah, I'm kinda with Moms on that one. I love animals but I really don't want a creature that sniffs and licks other creatures' butts (as well as its own) anywhere near where I buy my food. Obviously, if it's a guide dog or something that its owner genuinely can't do without, it's a different story, but honestly, your pets are not your kids. There is a place for everything. Next thing you know, I'll be going to a gynaecologist or a dentist who needs their doggie with them for emotional support Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
31-01-2018, 03:09 PM
(31-01-2018 12:40 PM)Vera Wrote:  but honestly, your pets are not your kids.

Yeah...on that note, I was flabbergasted a few months ago. A friend posted, "Today I lost a beloved family member, one of my kids has passed away." And I immediately messaged and wanted to make sure she was fine, and everything. It was one of her 4 cats. Not one of her, you know, human children.

Me: So it's not [male child] or [girl child] then?
Her: Just as bad, it was [cat's name]!!!

"Just as bad". Facepalm

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
31-01-2018, 03:26 PM
(31-01-2018 03:09 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(31-01-2018 12:40 PM)Vera Wrote:  but honestly, your pets are not your kids.

Yeah...on that note, I was flabbergasted a few months ago. A friend posted, "Today I lost a beloved family member, one of my kids has passed away." And I immediately messaged and wanted to make sure she was fine, and everything. It was one of her 4 cats. Not one of her, you know, human children.

Me: So it's not [male child] or [girl child] then?
Her: Just as bad, it was [cat's name]!!!

"Just as bad". Facepalm

Yeah, I'm with you. I love cats and dogs but people get ridiculous with their animals. I've seen people with what I thought were baby carriages, only to look in and see a dog was in there. Later I was in Petco and I saw doggy carriages for sale and that's when I realized that what I thought were baby carriages being used for dogs are actually dog carriages manufactured especially for dogs. Just.... wow. Facepalm

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
31-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Ahem! I have no living relatives and most of my friends have died. My animals ARE my family. AND friends.

Don't judge, you never know what people went through. Undecided

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
31-01-2018, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2018 04:13 PM by Vera.)
You (general you) can love an animal more that most (even all) people in your life. They are still not your children. Doesn't make your love for them any less. They are still not your children, cousins or favourite auntie.

Also, I am sorry, but the loss of your child is not even comparable to the loss of even the most beloved pet.

31-01-2018, 04:42 PM
(31-01-2018 04:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  You (general you) can love an animal more that most (even all) people in your life. They are still not your children. Doesn't make your love for them any less. They are still not your children, cousins or favourite auntie.

Also, I am sorry, but the loss of your child is not even comparable to the loss of even the most beloved pet.

To you. The loss of your pet is not comparable to the loss of your child.

You have no idea what is comparable to me or not. What's more, it is impossible for you to know what is comparable to me.

That said, I don't have children so it's impossible for me to know that also. I have lost humans and I have lost animals, and a couple of humans were harder to lose than my animals. Several animals of mine have been harder to lose than most humans.

You cannot possibly know how another person bonds with whom, and what level of importance anyone, person or animal, has in someone else's life. You can only imagine what YOU would feel.

I didn't feel the same about each of my humans, nor did I feel the same about each of my animals. But some bonds are deeper than others, and with me, it has gone both ways.

Or are you assigning right and wrong rather than impact?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
31-01-2018, 05:29 PM
(30-01-2018 06:09 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(30-01-2018 06:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  Size I can see if it's male - that tail takes up space. Weight - not applicable. Even big birds weigh little.

Idk, that was United's reasoning.

Quote:United said in a statement to Business Insider: "This animal did not meet guidelines for a number of reasons, including its weight and size. We explained this to the customer on three separate occasions before she arrived at the airport."

United has specs for carry-on peacocks?

Who knew? Consider

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
31-01-2018, 06:08 PM
(31-01-2018 04:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(31-01-2018 04:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  You (general you) can love an animal more that most (even all) people in your life. They are still not your children. Doesn't make your love for them any less. They are still not your children, cousins or favourite auntie.

To you. The loss of your pet is not comparable to the loss of your child.

You have no idea what is comparable to me or not. What's more, it is impossible for you to know what is comparable to me.

That said, I don't have children so it's impossible for me to know that also. I have lost humans and I have lost animals, and a couple of humans were harder to lose than my animals. Several animals of mine have been harder to lose than most humans.

You cannot possibly know how another person bonds with whom, and what level of importance anyone, person or animal, has in someone else's life. You can only imagine what YOU would feel.

I didn't feel the same about each of my humans, nor did I feel the same about each of my animals. But some bonds are deeper than others, and with me, it has gone both ways.

I know a guy whose 7 year old son who was drowned in a river when the truck he was driving slid off into the icy river. He couldn't get his son out of the truck, try as he might, he just couldn't get to him. He also had a family dog who later died. There was no comparison, none, between his son dying and his dog dying. He moved beyond the dog's death pretty quickly but hasn't recovered from his little son's death . He never will. There's just no comparison.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
31-01-2018, 06:18 PM
(31-01-2018 06:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(31-01-2018 04:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  To you. The loss of your pet is not comparable to the loss of your child.

I know a guy whose 7 year old son who was drowned in a river when the truck he was driving slid off into the icy river. He couldn't get his son out of the truck, try as he might, he just couldn't get to him. He also had a family dog who later died. There was no comparison, none, between his son dying and his dog dying. He moved beyond the dog's death pretty quickly but hasn't recovered from his little son's death . He never will. There's just no comparison.

This.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-01-2018, 06:36 PM
The words wrong and right were not in any of my posts.

All I said was the love one feels for one's mother, one's child, one's partner, one's pet are all different loves. Never said one is better or stronger than the others. They are just different. I may love my cat more than most - all - my friends. My cat is still not my child. Does not make my love any less. It is just different. The same way the love I feel for my friends and, say, my mother, is different. Not better or worse, stronger or weaker. Different.

Or, if we decide that love is love and all love is the same, than it's different relationships. The bond someone has with their pet maybe stronger than all the other bonds in their life. Still doesn't make the animal their child. Nor does it take anything away from their bond with their animal.

And regardless of how I feel about an animal (or a child), if they are not allowed in a certain places, they are not allowed there, no matter whether I consider them my father-in-law or long lost twin.