Nick Seldon - A Quotation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: Nick Seldon - A Quotation
(23-07-2015 09:47 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 09:43 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You mean the guy contrasting a view that has been held hardly questioned for over thousands of years? Yeah that's exactly you.

You lack empirical evidence, it's clear to anyone who understands how empirical evidences suggests knowledge of certain events. That you would include "life changes" as a element to suggest this shows how far off you are from understanding this.

At the risk of sounding cliché:

atheist > foxhole > life changes, for good or for bad

person > atheist > TTA > life changes, for good or for bad

person > Bible study > life changes, for good or for bad

person > death > judgment as good or bad

None of that counts as evidence of any type of theist/atheist claim. It's the stupidest thing to say at any point. How you think something like that is even worthy of mocking or saying shows a vast flaw in what you think evidence is.

If your claim is supposed to be, you atheists say life changes in your favor are good and you're just biased.. If that's really what you think; You've lowered yourself to.. YOU or THEY do it so it's okay if I do it. You are on the reasoning level of a upset child. Please learn to question yourself before you go out and interact more with people.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
23-07-2015, 09:58 AM
(23-07-2015 09:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 09:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  What you think is evidence has been rejected as not meeting any reasonable standard of evidence.

I'm afraid you are not therefore without guilt--you never lifted a finger to test or read or review my evidence. There were times I cited 5,000-word arguments only to hear "No, we can't trust (read, look at, consider) THAT site, it's written by fundamentalists."

PLEASE, PLEASE never take the Bar or become a judge. Your biases are showing!

Oh, dear. Do you seriously suppose this is the first dance I've attended?
Do you actually have the hubris to believe that you have brought anything novel to the discussion?

Your tired old tripe and silly non-scientific sites are old news.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-07-2015, 10:12 AM
(23-07-2015 09:51 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 09:47 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  At the risk of sounding cliché:

atheist > foxhole > life changes, for good or for bad

person > atheist > TTA > life changes, for good or for bad

person > Bible study > life changes, for good or for bad

person > death > judgment as good or bad

None of that counts as evidence of any type of theist/atheist claim. It's the stupidest thing to say at any point. How you think something like that is even worthy of mocking or saying shows a vast flaw in what you think evidence is.

If your claim is supposed to be, you atheists say life changes in your favor are good and you're just biased.. If that's really what you think; You've lowered yourself to.. YOU or THEY do it so it's okay if I do it. You are on the reasoning level of a upset child. Please learn to question yourself before you go out and interact more with people.

I didn't realize I was supposed to add facts in evidence and makes claims and not, say, emotional appeals, every time I post. Are you saying theists have different rules than atheists at this forum? Because last time I checked, I haven't seen you upbraid your "colleagues" for being vile, debased, angry, protesting and making numerous fact-less emotional appeals including "God causes suffering so He must be a @#$#@!"

Please try again, do not pass Go, and do not collect $200--and don't pass God, either!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
24-07-2015, 10:14 AM
(24-07-2015 10:12 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 09:51 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  None of that counts as evidence of any type of theist/atheist claim. It's the stupidest thing to say at any point. How you think something like that is even worthy of mocking or saying shows a vast flaw in what you think evidence is.

I didn't realize I was supposed to add facts in evidence and makes claims and not, say, emotional appeals, every time I post. Are you saying theists have different rules than atheists at this forum? Because last time I checked, I haven't seen you upbraid your "colleagues" for being vile, debased, angry, protesting and making numerous fact-less emotional appeals including "God causes suffering so He must be a @#$#@!"

Please try again, do not pass Go, and do not collect $200--and don't pass God, either!

No like I said. Acting like that though is exactly how you see children all the time respond and moan to their parents about, HE started it or my friend gets to do x, why can't I do x.

And you've cemented that you're firm in that stance. That's just pathetic Q. You can do it, and not be immature and whiny about it. You constantly show the lack of an intellectual or emotional level beyond a typical teenager. It's sad to see any grown person defend themselves in that manner. That's nothing to do with theist/atheist there is also respectable theists on this forum and unrespectable atheists in action.

[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-07-2015, 10:18 AM
(23-07-2015 09:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 09:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm afraid you are not therefore without guilt--you never lifted a finger to test or read or review my evidence. There were times I cited 5,000-word arguments only to hear "No, we can't trust (read, look at, consider) THAT site, it's written by fundamentalists."

PLEASE, PLEASE never take the Bar or become a judge. Your biases are showing!

Oh, dear. Do you seriously suppose this is the first dance I've attended?
Do you actually have the hubris to believe that you have brought anything novel to the discussion?

We're not dancing, we're discussing news of import for eternity.

I bring novel ideas to the discussion often, as I synthesize new thoughts often in response to TTA claims and attacks. That's one of the reasons I'm here, to learn. You all help endlessly to make my witness and apologetics stronger and stronger, and I thank you. It's working on my converts! I happened to witness to 15 people last week and 6 so far this week--and none of them put up the ridiculous roadblocks TTA "offers"--but I was ready if they had done so!

Again, you restate your bias by saying "silly, non-scientific sites" when my point was how often you refuse to even look at the evidence I proffer. You make it sound in your post like you dismissed all such sites months or even years ago, which is sad, since often I'm showing you the latest Creationist and other ideas and from tenured faculty and researchers, and you'd think you'd at least freshen your "game" as well. But no, you even refuse to look at sites and citations I offered from non-Christians, too. When you decide to stop learning new things and just run your old "routines"?

What are we to say when before the Judge? "God, I just didn't look at the evidence because I didn't want to... because I was afraid where it would lead... I had too much invested in my standing as a leading comedian and logic fallacy dilettante at TTA..."

Not good, Chas, not good at all.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
24-07-2015, 10:21 AM
(24-07-2015 10:14 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 10:12 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I didn't realize I was supposed to add facts in evidence and makes claims and not, say, emotional appeals, every time I post. Are you saying theists have different rules than atheists at this forum? Because last time I checked, I haven't seen you upbraid your "colleagues" for being vile, debased, angry, protesting and making numerous fact-less emotional appeals including "God causes suffering so He must be a @#$#@!"

No like I said. Acting like that though is exactly how you see children all the time respond and moan to their parents about, HE started it or my friend gets to do x, why can't I do x.

And you've cemented that you're firm in that stance. That's just pathetic Q. You can do it, and not be immature and whiny about it. You constantly show the lack of an intellectual or emotional level beyond a typical teenager. It's sad to see any grown person defend themselves in that manner. That's nothing to do with theist/atheist there is also respectable theists on this forum and unrespectable atheists in action.

I may not be God's gift to temperance and patience in general, but compared to the typical TTA "gent" I'm St. Francis of Assisi.

No, I come here and take a lot of abuse and then ask Jesus to shower blessings upon you all. Think, think, think, my friend!

24-07-2015, 10:28 AM
(24-07-2015 10:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 10:14 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  No like I said. Acting like that though is exactly how you see children all the time respond and moan to their parents about, HE started it or my friend gets to do x, why can't I do x.

I may not be God's gift to temperance and patience in general, but compared to the typical TTA "gent" I'm St. Francis of Assisi.

No, I come here and take a lot of abuse and then ask Jesus to shower blessings upon you all. Think, think, think, my friend!

Isn't he the one who got naked and walked out into the woods? I'm not so sure how that is relevant to patience or temperance.

Could you try thinking? The whole, I'm asking for forgiveness or praising you after the negative action concept is ridiculous. It's the gateway to being able to do anything as long as you believe and ask forgiveness. It's so simply a sign of bad judgement to believe in that allowed your Christianity to spread. You don't actually have to be accountable or sorry, just believe and ask for forgiveness. (you know you don't have to come here, you're not a victim when you repeatedly return knowing it's the same situation, it would only be some inflated ego that makes you think you are benefiting the "good" of the world by doing so)

[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-07-2015, 03:24 PM
(24-07-2015 10:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-07-2015 09:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, dear. Do you seriously suppose this is the first dance I've attended?

We're not dancing, we're discussing news of import for eternity.

I bring novel ideas to the discussion often, as I synthesize new thoughts often in response to TTA claims and attacks. That's one of the reasons I'm here, to learn. You all help endlessly to make my witness and apologetics stronger and stronger, and I thank you. It's working on my converts! I happened to witness to 15 people last week and 6 so far this week--and none of them put up the ridiculous roadblocks TTA "offers"--but I was ready if they had done so!

Again, you restate your bias by saying "silly, non-scientific sites" when my point was how often you refuse to even look at the evidence I proffer.

When the discussion is about scientific facts, then non-scientific sites are pointless, even worthless.

You have not offered any evidence. You apparently don't understand what evidence is.

Quote:You make it sound in your post like you dismissed all such sites months or even years ago, which is sad, since often I'm showing you the latest Creationist and other ideas and from tenured faculty and researchers, and you'd think you'd at least freshen your "game" as well. But no, you even refuse to look at sites and citations I offered from non-Christians, too. When you decide to stop learning new things and just run your old "routines"?

The creationist arguments haven't changed, they have no new ideas - just repackaging of the same tired bullshit.

Quote:What are we to say when before the Judge? "God, I just didn't look at the evidence because I didn't want to... because I was afraid where it would lead... I had too much invested in my standing as a leading comedian and logic fallacy dilettante at TTA..."

Not good, Chas, not good at all.

What is not good is your delusion and credulity, your misunderstanding of what science is, and your unwarranted arrogance.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-07-2015, 03:31 PM
(24-07-2015 10:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  We're not dancing, we're discussing news of import for eternity.

What news could possibly be important in the face of eternity?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-07-2015, 12:58 PM
(24-07-2015 10:28 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 10:21 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I may not be God's gift to temperance and patience in general, but compared to the typical TTA "gent" I'm St. Francis of Assisi.

Isn't he the one who got naked and walked out into the woods? I'm not so sure how that is relevant to patience or temperance.

Could you try thinking? The whole, I'm asking for forgiveness or praising you after the negative action concept is ridiculous. It's the gateway to being able to do anything as long as you believe and ask forgiveness. It's so simply a sign of bad judgement to believe in that allowed your Christianity to spread. You don't actually have to be accountable or sorry, just believe and ask for forgiveness. (you know you don't have to come here, you're not a victim when you repeatedly return knowing it's the same situation, it would only be some inflated ego that makes you think you are benefiting the "good" of the world by doing so)

Where your syllogism breaks down:

* Of course you have to be "accountable". Saved prisoners serve their prison terms. Saved people who were drunks or adulterers or whatever have to pay the piper. Everyone reaps what they sow.

* Of course "being sorry" doesn't bring back dead things. If you hit my kid with a car, I'm sure, just as I would be if it was me and your kid, you'd be "sorry". Only Jesus can make that child live forever.