Nick Seldon - A Quotation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: Nick Seldon - A Quotation
(20-08-2015 08:29 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Please provide herein a brief outline of "the more that we know"

Life is just chemicals. Source: literally everything we have ever learned in biology and its related fields.

Chemicals react in certain ways under certain conditions, always. Source: literally everything we have ever learned in chemistry and its related fields.

Placing certain chemicals under certain conditions will result in reactions taking place which produce the chemical bases for life (amino acids and the like). Source: extrapolated from the above, confirmed by Miller-Urey experiment.

It is chemically possible to work your way up from amino acids to more complex chemical structures. Source: all of the above, save perhaps the Miller-Urey experiment. The entire field of biochemistry.

Organic compounds have formed under conditions other than those found on Earth. Source: building blocks of amino acids discovered in space, amino acids themselves discovered in space.

And so on.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
20-08-2015, 10:47 AM
(20-08-2015 09:42 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Organic compounds have formed under conditions other than those found on Earth. Source: building blocks of amino acids discovered in space, amino acids themselves discovered in space.

I think what you meant to say was that those interstellar ices were Intelligently Frozen.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
20-08-2015, 10:59 AM
(20-08-2015 09:42 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Organic compounds have formed under conditions other than those found on Earth. Source: building blocks of amino acids discovered in space, amino acids themselves discovered in space.

And so on.

I would like to highlight this point, because Q never understands stuff like this or demonstrates willful blindness.

There is no reason for a creator to intelligently seed things in space, there's no reason to engage intelligently designed biochemistry anywhere but Earth if you are an "intelligent designer".

Of course this is evidence of a natural process that occurs well beyond the confines of Earth, the links you provided show this.

The molecules created in these interstellar clouds have virtually no chance of having an effect on Earth, yet there they are thousands of light years away.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
20-08-2015, 01:12 PM
[Image: 2f8684d2a24e6a2551c744ed3645ed97.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
20-08-2015, 11:40 PM
I forgot I was even talking to you, so a little delayed.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1) I'm the OP.
That does not in anyway answer MY questions.
(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  2) I kind of felt like it.
That does not answer MY questions. This also is not a dumping ground for you, if you want to share quotes you like, which you don't even actually know, we have a thread for that.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3) If I bother you so much, try to see who the OP is before you step in to rant.
I know you are the OP which is why in post #3 I respond to your OP you stupid fuck. That's also not in anyway an answer to MY question.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You used to be a VERY high-level, articulate debater. What happened?
Simple answer? You stopped being worth debating. You're dishonest, pedantic, make shit up all the damn time, you never have anything a value or even interest to say, you're intellectually dishonest, and quite frankly you're are just not very intelligent to begin with. You are simply not worth debating, and I'm sure that will seem rude or condescending but it's the truth so suck it up.

Don't mistake my conclusion that you are not worth my prose as a lost ability to be an articulate debater. They are not the same thing.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. Was your mom a spanker or a "soap washer outer" when it came to calling other people created in God's image such filthy names?
1.) Neither actually, my mother didn't use force and violence on children.
2.) I'm actually quite close with my mother and I'm also way way way more patient with dishonest and ignorant people, such as yourself, then my mother is. I also know her mind quite well and i know if I showed her even a fraction of your post history she would think you are a stupid uneducated cunt as well. it's one of the many things I love about my mum.
3.) Your god is fictional you weren't created in anyones image (other than if you turn genetics into poetry) so you can kindly fuck off with your compulsive need to cram some reference to your stupid delusion into every conversation. Honestly this is another reason your not worth debating, you keep talking to people you KNOW don't believe your bullshit as if they should be sacred of your bullshit or hold it sacred.

your boring and that's your biggest "sin" here.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PPS. That last may be beneath me.
Oh haha ..hahah.. no it's REALLY not. It's exactly what I would expect from you. Even you don't think it is. If you did you would just delete it instead of keeping it. You're predictable Q.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  How about "say something nice or don't say nothing at all is best practice if you want to win debates"?
There is no debate here so...go fuck yourself?

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PPPS. Maybe I should leave TTA.
Or you could ACTUALLY fucking learn something if it's not too scare for you. Short of that yes, do fuck of and then die. <3

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  This is all getting so tiresome.
That's because you are tiresome, you don't learn, and you just regurgitate the same debunked bullshit. Over and over and over. I'm not surprised that someone like you find the constant refutation and mockery of your stupid shit tiresome and not a sign that your bullshit might actually be bullshit. You're not really the introspective type though so no surprises there.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Jesus must really love you, big guy!
He's a fictional character Q so no...not really. I'd rather have the love of Gandalf any day of the weak if we get to pick made up motherfuckers to have in our corner. At least he's not a lil' bitch. Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
20-08-2015, 11:46 PM
(20-08-2015 08:29 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Please provide herein a brief outline of "the more that we know" (yes, you sound like an NBC PSA) or else, perhaps, some citations of things that a poor lay person like me can understand about the brilliant design effected by mindless, mechanistic, random processes that led to even simple life being more complex on the order of thousands of times above man's basic machines.

Oh? Have they started releasing scientific papers in crayon now? I do so hope they used the red construction paper!Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
26-08-2015, 12:26 PM
(20-08-2015 09:42 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 08:29 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Please provide herein a brief outline of "the more that we know"

Life is just chemicals. Source: literally everything we have ever learned in biology and its related fields.

Chemicals react in certain ways under certain conditions, always. Source: literally everything we have ever learned in chemistry and its related fields.

Placing certain chemicals under certain conditions will result in reactions taking place which produce the chemical bases for life (amino acids and the like). Source: extrapolated from the above, confirmed by Miller-Urey experiment.

It is chemically possible to work your way up from amino acids to more complex chemical structures. Source: all of the above, save perhaps the Miller-Urey experiment. The entire field of biochemistry.

Organic compounds have formed under conditions other than those found on Earth. Source: building blocks of amino acids discovered in space, amino acids themselves discovered in space.

And so on.

I'm sorry, but your trite "like is mere chemicals" pronouncement is only held to by atheists. Most people feel that life, love, joy, justice, experience, knowledge, power and many other things of importance may not be measured empirically or chemically. If you continue to disagree, tell your current paramour that you will leave the relationship immediately when the chemical attraction has worn off or mostly worn off. See what you get!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2015, 12:28 PM
(20-08-2015 10:59 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  

And so on.

I would like to highlight this point, because Q never understands stuff like this or demonstrates willful blindness.

There is no reason for a creator to intelligently seed things in space, there's no reason to engage intelligently designed biochemistry anywhere but Earth if you are an "intelligent designer".

Of course this is evidence of a natural process that occurs well beyond the confines of Earth, the links you provided show this.

The molecules created in these interstellar clouds have virtually no chance of having an effect on Earth, yet there they are thousands of light years away.

I'm not sure what to "explain" or "understand" besides saying "amino acids may be the building blocks of life, but aren't themselves alive."

Do you disagree with my statement?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
26-08-2015, 12:30 PM
(20-08-2015 11:40 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I forgot I was even talking to you, so a little delayed.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1) I'm the OP.
That does not in anyway answer MY questions.
(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  2) I kind of felt like it.
That does not answer MY questions. This also is not a dumping ground for you, if you want to share quotes you like, which you don't even actually know, we have a thread for that.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  3) If I bother you so much, try to see who the OP is before you step in to rant.
I know you are the OP which is why in post #3 I respond to your OP you stupid fuck. That's also not in anyway an answer to MY question.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You used to be a VERY high-level, articulate debater. What happened?
Simple answer? You stopped being worth debating. You're dishonest, pedantic, make shit up all the damn time, you never have anything a value or even interest to say, you're intellectually dishonest, and quite frankly you're are just not very intelligent to begin with. You are simply not worth debating, and I'm sure that will seem rude or condescending but it's the truth so suck it up.

Don't mistake my conclusion that you are not worth my prose as a lost ability to be an articulate debater. They are not the same thing.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PS. Was your mom a spanker or a "soap washer outer" when it came to calling other people created in God's image such filthy names?
1.) Neither actually, my mother didn't use force and violence on children.
2.) I'm actually quite close with my mother and I'm also way way way more patient with dishonest and ignorant people, such as yourself, then my mother is. I also know her mind quite well and i know if I showed her even a fraction of your post history she would think you are a stupid uneducated cunt as well. it's one of the many things I love about my mum.
3.) Your god is fictional you weren't created in anyones image (other than if you turn genetics into poetry) so you can kindly fuck off with your compulsive need to cram some reference to your stupid delusion into every conversation. Honestly this is another reason your not worth debating, you keep talking to people you KNOW don't believe your bullshit as if they should be sacred of your bullshit or hold it sacred.

your boring and that's your biggest "sin" here.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PPS. That last may be beneath me.
Oh haha ..hahah.. no it's REALLY not. It's exactly what I would expect from you. Even you don't think it is. If you did you would just delete it instead of keeping it. You're predictable Q.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  How about "say something nice or don't say nothing at all is best practice if you want to win debates"?
There is no debate here so...go fuck yourself?

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  PPPS. Maybe I should leave TTA.
Or you could ACTUALLY fucking learn something if it's not too scare for you. Short of that yes, do fuck of and then die. <3

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  This is all getting so tiresome.
That's because you are tiresome, you don't learn, and you just regurgitate the same debunked bullshit. Over and over and over. I'm not surprised that someone like you find the constant refutation and mockery of your stupid shit tiresome and not a sign that your bullshit might actually be bullshit. You're not really the introspective type though so no surprises there.

(17-07-2015 10:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Jesus must really love you, big guy!
He's a fictional character Q so no...not really. I'd rather have the love of Gandalf any day of the weak if we get to pick made up motherfuckers to have in our corner. At least he's not a lil' bitch. Drinking Beverage

I must say I'm glad you are so confident that I'm not worth your time in debating (because I'm dishonest, unintelligent and morally bankrupt) that you refuse to make long posts anymore contradicting each and every one of the statements I made in my last post.

I too refuse to argue with people who are dishonest and either incredibly stupid or willfully ignorant. I believe better than that about you, and I'm sorry you don't feel the same about me. Honestly, I think God loves you and I both.

26-08-2015, 12:31 PM
(20-08-2015 11:46 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(20-08-2015 08:29 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Please provide herein a brief outline of "the more that we know" (yes, you sound like an NBC PSA) or else, perhaps, some citations of things that a poor lay person like me can understand about the brilliant design effected by mindless, mechanistic, random processes that led to even simple life being more complex on the order of thousands of times above man's basic machines.

Oh? Have they started releasing scientific papers in crayon now? I do so hope they used the red construction paper!Drinking Beverage

See my post above. Ditto. Glad you have put me on ignore and cannot see or respond to my messages any longer. That saves you the hassle of dealing with someone who lies to you all the time, like "Jesus loves you and died for you and rose from the dead so you can communicate to Him now."