Nick Seldon - A Quotation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2015, 11:18 AM
RE: Nick Seldon - A Quotation
(08-10-2015 09:33 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 10:48 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Hmmmm... calling your opponent's view point "nonsense" before even entering the discussion sure is a great way to begin an informal or formal debate - right there Q?

The self righteous, condescending and arrogant approach sure will get the talks going on a good footing!

This is the second time he's claimed victory in a debate with me, yet he won't step into the ring. He then tells me that I don't understand how debates are run!

Fancy him suggesting that I have no extra biblical sources, whereas he has almost no understanding of history! Pick almost any of my posts, and it is obvious that I place the characters described in an appropriate historical context. Read any of Q's posts, and it is obvious he doesn't.

This is about the sixth time I've earned a victory due to your failure to enter the ring with my resolutions or to present a coherent resolution of your own, e.g. you want to debate Paul--yet when I have presented scriptural statements from Paul and regarding Paul you have consistently questioned the validity of those scriptures. Yet you want to use scripture to affirm your resolution? HOW DO YOU KNOW your Bible scriptures are valid and mine are invalid? And WHAT--dare I waste more time to ask--extra-biblical contemporary resources regarding PAUL are you planning to submit in debate?

In the words of Sheldon to Leonard over a 3D chess board, "It must be humbling to suck on so many different levels!"

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2015, 05:27 PM
(09-10-2015 11:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 09:33 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  This is the second time he's claimed victory in a debate with me, yet he won't step into the ring. He then tells me that I don't understand how debates are run!

Fancy him suggesting that I have no extra biblical sources, whereas he has almost no understanding of history! Pick almost any of my posts, and it is obvious that I place the characters described in an appropriate historical context. Read any of Q's posts, and it is obvious he doesn't.

This is about the sixth time I've earned a victory due to your failure to enter the ring with my resolutions or to present a coherent resolution of your own, e.g. you want to debate Paul--yet when I have presented scriptural statements from Paul and regarding Paul you have consistently questioned the validity of those scriptures. Yet you want to use scripture to affirm your resolution? HOW DO YOU KNOW your Bible scriptures are valid and mine are invalid? And WHAT--dare I waste more time to ask--extra-biblical contemporary resources regarding PAUL are you planning to submit in debate?

In the words of Sheldon to Leonard over a 3D chess board, "It must be humbling to suck on so many different levels!"

"This is about the sixth time I've earned a victory due to your failure to enter the ring with my resolutions"

I have no interest in debating metaphysical concepts with you. I find them uninteresting, and I have nothing new or unique to say about such things. There are others here who might be happy to debate you on these topics.

You can claim as many victories as you like, but until I submit, or someone else calls you a winner, your claims are meaningless.

I've suggested that we debate the topic "was Paul a charlatan?". You have failed to explain why you think this is not a "coherent resolution." Paul was perhaps the main originator of much Christian thinking. You speak highly of him, and you claim you are an authority in Christianity. If you are so sure of your convictions I fail to see why you would hesitate to step into the boxing ring to stand up for Paul. Don't forget God is watching you, and there may be some questions asked when you get to the Pearly Gates if you are not going to fight for what you believe.

There is no such thing as "my scripture" or "your scripture." The Bible is what it is, and it is open to interpretation. Whether scripture is "valid" is part and parcel of the debate.

The extra biblical sources I plan to use in debate are for you to find out about when the debate begins. I'm not asking you what your extra biblical sources are going to be... I'll deal with them as they arise... if there are any.

You know where the boxing ring is. Best show up with your boxing gloves on. I wouldn't risk eternal damnation with a no show if I were you.
09-10-2015, 05:49 PM
(08-10-2015 08:01 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 04:32 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Sounds like you have a good case. You do know where the boxing ring is don't you?

You don't understand the definition of the word charlatan:

"A person who makes elaborate, fraudulent, and often voluble claims to skill or knowledge; a quack or fraud."

Every Bible scholar, secular or religious, affirms Paul was a brilliant expositor and author. Your debate is already ended. You already lost.

And if I tolerated this nonsense, do you have any textual, historical or other evidence you would use in the debate outside the scriptures? Any extra-biblical sources? You do not affirm the validity and reliable nature of the scriptures so how would you use a "false" text to affirm a debate resolution? Again, one of several reasons not to debate with you is you don't understand how a formal or informal debate works, Dr. Fulton.

"Every Bible scholar, secular or religious, affirms Paul was a brilliant expositor and author."

http://www.justgivemethetruth.com/paul_w...ceiver.htm
http://www.answering-christianity.com/1C...s_paul.htm
http://false-apostle-paul-archive.blogspot.com.au/
http://www.judaismvschristianity.com/paulthe.htm
http://www.missionislam.com/comprel/deception.htm
http://www.problemswithpaul.com/
http://false-apostle-paul-archive.blogsp...r-and.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQu2JUDACyM
http://www.revolutioninreligion.com/inde...ginal-liar
http://derrickbowdown2yhwh.blogspot.com....art-3.html

Oops!

Things are obviously not as straight forward as you imagine, Q. Welcome to the power of the Internet. It is used by people to find things out... to remove ignorance.

The debate is far from over, Q, it has barely begun.
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
09-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Q, I've started a thread in the boxing ring, for just you and me. The topic is Paul. It will be cosy...I'm sure no one else will read it....hehe. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
09-10-2015, 10:33 PM
(09-10-2015 11:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  This is about the sixth time I've earned a victory due to your failure to enter the ring with my resolutions or to present a coherent resolution of your own, e.g. you want to debate Paul--yet when I have presented scriptural statements from Paul and regarding Paul you have consistently questioned the validity of those scriptures. Yet you want to use scripture to affirm your resolution? HOW DO YOU KNOW your Bible scriptures are valid and mine are invalid? And WHAT--dare I waste more time to ask--extra-biblical contemporary resources regarding PAUL are you planning to submit in debate?

Oh Q. How witty of you. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2015, 04:52 PM
Q Cunt is Qunt! Why does anyone waste one jot or tittle of attention on him?

If you see him on the playground, bully the fuck out of him. He deserves it.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
12-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Dr. Fulton set up a debate thread in the boxing ring three days ago. Q is thus far a no show. Actions - or in this case, inaction - speaks more decisively than anything opined here. I don't know what the "hold open" bylaws are in the ring but three days is already more than reasonable accommodation - even were Q otherwise preoccupied there's no excuse for absence of even a note saying "busy now - stand by". That's just courtesy.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
13-10-2015, 08:31 AM
(12-10-2015 10:20 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Dr. Fulton set up a debate thread in the boxing ring three days ago. Q is thus far a no show. Actions - or in this case, inaction - speaks more decisively than anything opined here. I don't know what the "hold open" bylaws are in the ring but three days is already more than reasonable accommodation - even were Q otherwise preoccupied there's no excuse for absence of even a note saying "busy now - stand by". That's just courtesy.

I posted days ago and didn't see Mark's latest bumbling replies until now, thanks.

However, I clearly note your hypocrisy--"Q, get out of here, no one wants you at TTA" and "Q, please check in more often and participate in this debate."

Typical atheist fluff.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
13-10-2015, 08:38 PM
(13-10-2015 08:31 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(12-10-2015 10:20 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Dr. Fulton set up a debate thread in the boxing ring three days ago. Q is thus far a no show. Actions - or in this case, inaction - speaks more decisively than anything opined here. I don't know what the "hold open" bylaws are in the ring but three days is already more than reasonable accommodation - even were Q otherwise preoccupied there's no excuse for absence of even a note saying "busy now - stand by". That's just courtesy.

I posted days ago and didn't see Mark's latest bumbling replies until now, thanks.

However, I clearly note your hypocrisy--"Q, get out of here, no one wants you at TTA" and "Q, please check in more often and participate in this debate."

Typical atheist fluff.

Your insults are puerile.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-10-2015, 11:59 AM
(13-10-2015 08:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 08:31 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I posted days ago and didn't see Mark's latest bumbling replies until now, thanks.

Typical atheist fluff.

Your insults are puerile.

Your resistance is futile--or so it was said to The Q upon a time.