Nick Seldon - A Quotation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2015, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2015 09:56 AM by kim.)
RE: Nick Seldon - A Quotation
Carnivora! An oldie but, a goody.

My adoration for the Hyena is immense but, I'll just leave this simple link. I think it's probably for kids but .... well... maybe its something Q might be able to comprehend & enjoy.

Speaking of "magic legs" ...
Interestingly, some whales have leg bones inside their bodies, left over from when they were smaller land animals. Whales were in the sea ... then, they came out, then went back to the sea. Yes, it took a LONG fucking time. Here's a great site about whale evolution. It has a great illustration of how the legs looked when the whale walked on land.

It's so sweet how old this little planet is. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-07-2015, 02:20 PM
(16-07-2015 07:43 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I saw the quote excerpted and was genuinely unaware of the context, for which I apologize.
Yes yes yes, apology accepted for your inability to Google another persons thoughts before regurgitating them *hand wave*. That, however, still does not explain your intention with the quote or how it relates to your DELIBERATE AND INTENTIONAL misrepresentation of evolutionary theory.

What is the point of your OP? We already have a thread on quotes you like, so whats the point?
How does your delusion towards the existence of a "divine justice" have to do with evolution.

Basically: Get to the fucking point Q if you even have one.

Quote:However, it is both a pithy and true quote as stated. Do you disagree?
Don't ask questions you already know the answer to Q,it's fucking annoying. Obviously I disagree, and you know that. Even if I grant it's pithy (even though I don't find it cleaver in the slightest) it's definitely not true given that the whole damn concept of "divine justice" is founded on the bedrock of superstition, wishful thinking, and a COMPLETE lack of evidence for it's existence.

Waiting until death for any kind of justice, divine or otherwise, is the providence of delusional fools and idiots. If you really want justice forge it while your alive on the anvil of human compassion. Justice belongs, and rightly so, to this life not some imaginary afterlife or god.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
16-07-2015, 02:29 PM
(16-07-2015 07:45 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Grow up and learn to use facts in a debate and not half-truths and outright lies.

Says the guy arguing that the FACTS of evolution are wrong because a book of fairytales says so? Really?

Get up from your computer Q, go outside and take a look around at nature. Marvel at the complexity of the world, breath in fresh crisp air into your lungs. Stretch your arms and legs out. Listen to your own heart beat, feels it's crimson pulse, bare witness to the colours uncountable that illuminates this existence. Then go back inside through your open door, walk to your bedroom, open your closet, walk inside and kindly fuck your own face you hypocritical piece of shit.

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
16-07-2015, 02:36 PM
(16-07-2015 02:29 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 07:45 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Grow up and learn to use facts in a debate and not half-truths and outright lies.

Says the guy arguing that the FACTS of evolution are wrong because a book of fairytales says so? Really?

Get up from your computer Q, go outside and take a look around at nature. Marvel at the complexity of the world, breath in fresh crisp air into your lungs. Stretch your arms and legs out. Listen to your own heart beat, feels it's crimson pulse, bare witness to the colours uncountable that illuminates this existence. Then go back inside through your open door, walk to your bedroom, open your closet, walk inside and kindly fuck your own face you hypocritical piece of shit.

Wow Whiskey, your description of nature is so beautiful. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-07-2015, 03:07 PM
(16-07-2015 07:48 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The mechanism is death! Small changes without substantial changes often would lead to un-survivable outcomes!

Consider an ocean species coming to the land. They need not only lungs but new systems for motion, mating, eating, waste, reproduction, circulation, etc. Little changes cannot do this...

Are you ignorant, or just willingly stupid???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lungfish

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
16-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Can someone tell me how we went from «divine justice» to creationism in only three pages? I don't know you, but I prefer to deal with one bullshit at a time. Though I will admit its very kind of Q to offer us the two most easily discredited element of the fundamentalist Christian faith: creationism and God's omnibenevolence.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
16-07-2015, 06:22 PM
(16-07-2015 03:45 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Can someone tell me how we went from «divine justice» to creationism in only three pages? I don't know you, but I prefer to deal with one bullshit at a time. Though I will admit its very kind of Q to offer us the two most easily discredited element of the fundamentalist Christian faith: creationism and God's omnibenevolence.

I keep asking him that very question, I suspect I'll get as vapid an answer as i ever do from him.

16-07-2015, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2015 07:32 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(16-07-2015 02:36 PM)kim Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 02:29 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Says the guy arguing that the FACTS of evolution are wrong because a book of fairytales says so? Really?

Wow Whiskey, your description of nature is so beautiful. Shy

Nothing like a flock of wild face fuckers grazing in the low flat lands to make you go "Wow. Much nature."

Truly a rare sight indeed.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
17-07-2015, 10:42 AM
(16-07-2015 07:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 07:42 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I don't think you are being dishonest, but you are being illogical. Are you saying in COURT we can demonstrate beyond a reasonable doubt a common ancestor of cats and dogs?

Before you rush to say "aha, you idiot, of course we can" maybe sit and have a long think first. Think of how much you are willing to risk upon the shifting sands of prevalent evolutionary hypotheses! Please!

It has been proved beyond a reasonable doubt. The DNA evidence sealed the deal.

Evolutionary Theory - not hypothesis. Read a book.

Read a book? I would if you would read my posts. How many times I have posted I believe in Evolution as fact? However, there are extraordinary, sweeping changes for certain steps--and those who know Evolution better than either of us account for them by placing everything up to alien assistance (read: intelligent design!) in the gaps...

...How about this, Chas, since you are the master of "You know nuthin' Q... read a book... do you science?" that you refute my point, which was:

Consider an ocean species coming to the land. They need not only lungs but new systems for motion, mating, eating, waste, reproduction, circulation, etc. Little changes cannot do this... [simultaneously or even given time and the survival of some]

Refute THAT so I better understand Evolutionary theory, if you would (if you can). Your knowledge is superior to mine? Go ahead, tear me a new one on THAT point of FACT.

God bless.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-07-2015, 10:46 AM
(16-07-2015 06:22 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 03:45 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Can someone tell me how we went from «divine justice» to creationism in only three pages? I don't know you, but I prefer to deal with one bullshit at a time. Though I will admit its very kind of Q to offer us the two most easily discredited element of the fundamentalist Christian faith: creationism and God's omnibenevolence.

I keep asking him that very question, I suspect I'll get as vapid an answer as i ever do from him.

1) I'm the OP.

2) I kind of felt like it.

3) If I bother you so much, try to see who the OP is before you step in to rant.

You used to be a VERY high-level, articulate debater. I think you know more about cosmology than any five other TTA'ers put together, for just one example. What happened?

PS. Was your mom a spanker or a "soap washer outer" when it came to calling other people created in God's image such filthy names?

PPS. That last may be beneath me. How about "say something nice or don't say nothing at all is best practice if you want to win debates"?

PPPS. Maybe I should leave TTA. This is all getting so tiresome. Jesus must really love you, big guy!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user