Nickname changing.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Nickname changing.
Is there a way to change my nickname? I realized that my username looks spam like. I think I was pretty uninspired when signed in Unsure
I want it simple, like Chaos, or if it is taken, Chaos76. Could somebody help me?

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: Nickname changing.
(30-01-2013 07:46 AM)Chaos Wrote:  Is there a way to change my nickname? I realized that my username looks spam like. I think I was pretty uninspired when signed in Unsure
I want it simple, like Chaos, or if it is taken, Chaos76. Could somebody help me?

Done. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-01-2013, 05:18 PM
(30-01-2013 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 07:46 AM)Chaos Wrote:  Is there a way to change my nickname? I realized that my username looks spam like. I think I was pretty uninspired when signed in Unsure

Done. Drinking Beverage
When I was kid, I had never seen see the word "chaos" spelled out phonetically... so I had heard the word... I knew what it meant, but I didn't know how to spell it.

So, when I was reading my Ninja Gaiden Nintendo Power, I came across this word. I pronounced it "chose".

...just like I when I was kid I said "roe-joo" for rogue.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
30-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Ha - yea, I used to call that book speech. I found out it's common with people who grow up reading books but usually interact with people who have a less-than-vast vocabulary. TV has changed that somewhat but I'm sure the internet has really done away with mispronunciation.

I recently heard an author speaking about this very thing to a group of "readers" and the laughs were very familiar. It's nice to notice these sweet, small changes in ourselves. Shy Keeps us grounded - keeps us human.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-01-2013, 05:55 PM
(30-01-2013 05:52 PM)kim Wrote:  Ha - yea, I used to call that book speech. I found out it's common with people who grow up reading books but usually interact with people who have a less-than-vast vocabulary. TV has changed that somewhat but I'm sure the internet has really done away with mispronunciation.

I recently heard an author speaking about this very thing to a group of "readers" and the laughs were very familiar. It's nice to notice these sweet, small changes in ourselves. Shy Keeps us grounded - keeps us human.
Can I change to my old former banned name? Just thinking? Unsure
30-01-2013, 06:37 PM
(30-01-2013 05:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Done. Drinking Beverage
When I was kid, I had never seen see the word "chaos" spelled out phonetically... so I had heard the word... I knew what it meant, but I didn't know how to spell it.

So, when I was reading my Ninja Gaiden Nintendo Power, I came across this word. I pronounced it "chose".

...just like I when I was kid I said "roe-joo" for rogue.

Reminds me of when I was very young in the toy store reading a word on a box I had never seen before. It was infrared, but I pronounced it with the "rare". (so it sounded like impaired) My dad just laughed and made me repeat it to my mom and they both had a good chuckle at me. Asshole parents. It was kinda funny though.
31-01-2013, 12:18 PM
My dad and I are in the midst of an ongoing argument over the pronunciation of the word "Cunnilingus".

(Don't ask me why. Long story)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
31-01-2013, 12:32 PM
(30-01-2013 08:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Done. Drinking Beverage
Did you change "Chaos" for "Chas"???
I got it.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
31-01-2013, 12:44 PM
(31-01-2013 12:18 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  My dad and I are in the midst of an ongoing argument over the pronunciation of the word "Cunnilingus".

(Don't ask me why. Long story)

Ummm, dictionary?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
31-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I was misled by the word 'misled'

Pronounced as in 'Mistletoe'

No