Nicotine withdrawal rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Nicotine withdrawal rant
I'm trying to quit smoking and withdrawal is fierce. I'm surfing like a bitch to take my mind of the cigarette's with limited success. I'm hungry all the time and eating anything and everything. I want to kill everyone I see and am thoroughly objectionable and wonder if its worthwhile doing this. I have an e cigarette which helps but its still horribly difficult. That's my rant. Has anyone else been through this and how long am I likely to feel like this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 09:00 AM
RE: Nicotine withdrawal rant
I don't smoke--but my boyfriend did and when he quit he did it cold turkey and was also eating everything in sight. Unfortunately, you just need to get it out of your system, but once you kick it's a lot easier to deal with--at least, that what my bf says. Be strong, you can do it! Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
04-09-2015, 09:11 AM
(04-09-2015 08:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm trying to quit smoking and withdrawal is fierce. I'm surfing like a bitch to take my mind of the cigarette's with limited success. I'm hungry all the time and eating anything and everything. I want to kill everyone I see and am thoroughly objectionable and wonder if its worthwhile doing this. I have an e cigarette which helps but its still horribly difficult. That's my rant. Has anyone else been through this and how long am I likely to feel like this?

I quit back in 2003, and I don't remember it being as difficult as I had anticipated. However, I had the help of nicotine patches, anti-depressant pills (Zyban), and strong motivation -- lung cancer in my family, and a recent diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.

Previous attempts to quit had been much like what you describe, and I never lasted more than a day or two. In 2003, on the day I quit, I went for an all-day bike ride (hard to smoke while you're exercising), and then just toughed it out for a few days. Once the acute nicotine cravings go away, it's not that bad (although it still requires some effort and some willpower), and that usually only takes a week or so. If you can get patches or pills, do so. I think they helped me quite a bit.
04-09-2015, 09:12 AM
(04-09-2015 09:00 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I don't smoke--but my boyfriend did and when he quit he did it cold turkey and was also eating everything in sight. Unfortunately, you just need to get it out of your system, but once you kick it's a lot easier to deal with--at least, that what my bf says. Be strong, you can do it! Smile
Thanks Jen you're a star if I could find out how to use the animated smileys I'd send you a hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
04-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Thanks grasshopper that's a great help
04-09-2015, 09:16 AM
What kind of e-cig are you using? The ones where you add in the fun flavored liquids come in different doses of nicotine? Took my brother three days to stop wanting to murder everyone that looked at him or didn't look at him or dared to exist in his presence.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
04-09-2015, 09:16 AM
(04-09-2015 09:12 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:00 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I don't smoke--but my boyfriend did and when he quit he did it cold turkey and was also eating everything in sight. Unfortunately, you just need to get it out of your system, but once you kick it's a lot easier to deal with--at least, that what my bf says. Be strong, you can do it! Smile
Thanks Jen you're a star if I could find out how to use the animated smileys I'd send you a hug

When you pull up the post-the smileys are on the left and you just click whichever one you want. There is also a little tab to get more smileys if you really want to spunk up your smiley experience. TongueLaugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
04-09-2015, 09:31 AM
(04-09-2015 09:16 AM)Nurse Wrote:  What kind of e-cig are you using? The ones where you add in the fun flavored liquids come in different doses of nicotine? Took my brother three days to stop wanting to murder everyone that looked at him or didn't look at him or dared to exist in his presence.
Thanks nurse I'm using a refillable e cig with 24mg/1ml liquid which is the strongest allowed in the UK, anymore and its considered as a dangerous poison, three days is manageable I think. Thanks for posting I feel awful about disrespecting you so badly some months ago I got treated and have made a firm resolution never to behave like that again hope you can forgive me I promise I am not another wicked clown.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
04-09-2015, 09:48 AM
(04-09-2015 09:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:16 AM)Nurse Wrote:  What kind of e-cig are you using? The ones where you add in the fun flavored liquids come in different doses of nicotine? Took my brother three days to stop wanting to murder everyone that looked at him or didn't look at him or dared to exist in his presence.
Thanks nurse I'm using a refillable e cig with 24mg/1ml liquid which is the strongest allowed in the UK, anymore and its considered as a dangerous poison, three days is manageable I think. Thanks for posting I feel awful about disrespecting you so badly some months ago I got treated and have made a firm resolution never to behave like that again hope you can forgive me I promise I am not another wicked clown.

No worries adey.

As far as the withdrawal, just keep swimming. You can do this. Maybe draft up a list of things you can now buy with your cigarette money. I really want a cig...nope, nope, I want that cute little Jack Russell/iPhone watch/tickets to Madonna/slow juicer even more.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
04-09-2015, 10:35 AM
(04-09-2015 09:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:12 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Thanks Jen you're a star if I could find out how to use the animated smileys I'd send you a hug

When you pull up the post-the smileys are on the left and you just click whichever one you want. There is also a little tab to get more smileys if you really want to spunk up your smiley experience. TongueLaugh out load

I had to laugh when you said spunk up my smileys. In the UK spunk up is slang for ejaculation. Divided by a common language is so true. Also if at any time you read that I fancy a fag it means I want a cigarette not that I fancy a gay person.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post