Nicotine withdrawal rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Nicotine withdrawal rant
(04-09-2015 10:35 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  When you pull up the post-the smileys are on the left and you just click whichever one you want. There is also a little tab to get more smileys if you really want to spunk up your smiley experience. TongueLaugh out load

I had to laugh when you said spunk up my smileys. In the UK spunk up is slang for ejaculation. Divided by a common language is so true. Also if at any time you read that I fancy a fag it means I want a cigarette not that I fancy a gay person.

For fun let's mix the two - the flavored e-cigs are spunky fags!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
04-09-2015, 10:45 AM
(04-09-2015 10:42 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 10:35 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I had to laugh when you said spunk up my smileys. In the UK spunk up is slang for ejaculation. Divided by a common language is so true. Also if at any time you read that I fancy a fag it means I want a cigarette not that I fancy a gay person.

For fun let's mix the two - the flavored e-cigs are spunky fags!

Roflmao!!!
04-09-2015, 10:52 AM
No joy with the smileys but my only internet is my windows phone perhaps its not compatible with smileys.
04-09-2015, 11:01 AM
I quit two years ago last March. It's tough. VERY tough. But try to remember that it doesn't last forever. I found that if I changed my way of thinking about cravings, it would help me deal with them. Instead of ignoring them, I'd actually completely immerse myself in the craving. I'd think about how strong it is,and compare it to previous cravings. It's a great way to see that the cravings get shorter and weaker as time goes on. It quickly becomes motivating, and you get to the point where you enjoy overcoming a craving. The sense of accomplishment is enough to get you through.

Just quit one cigarette at a time. All you gotta do is not smoke the next time you crave. Just beat that one craving. The future ones will be weaker and easier to beat, so if you're beating the ones you're having now, you're well on your way!

Congrats Adey! As of your last cigarette, you are a Non-Smoker!! Stay with us. It's a better life. Hug

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-09-2015, 11:26 AM
(04-09-2015 11:01 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I quit two years ago last March. It's tough. VERY tough. But try to remember that it doesn't last forever. I found that if I changed my way of thinking about cravings, it would help me deal with them. Instead of ignoring them, I'd actually completely immerse myself in the craving. I'd think about how strong it is,and compare it to previous cravings. It's a great way to see that the cravings get shorter and weaker as time goes on. It quickly becomes motivating, and you get to the point where you enjoy overcoming a craving. The sense of accomplishment is enough to get you through.

Just quit one cigarette at a time. All you gotta do is not smoke the next time you crave. Just beat that one craving. The future ones will be weaker and easier to beat, so if you're beating the ones you're having now, you're well on your way!

Congrats Adey! As of your last By cigarette, you are a Non-Smoker!! Stay with us. It's a better life. Hug

Thanks Stark that was very helpful I'd send you a man hug but no smileys on my phone
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
04-09-2015, 11:47 AM
You can type in this...

: hug :

.....without spaces. Thumbsup

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-09-2015, 03:10 PM
(04-09-2015 08:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Has anyone else been through this and how long am I likely to feel like this?

Dunno. I quit smoking and dipping Copenhagen 20 years ago and my nicotine levels have never been higher. Nicorette for the win!

#sigh
04-09-2015, 03:21 PM
To the OP wishing you the very best of luck. Seriously you're very brave. Blush

I have quit and restarted a million times....each morning is like...

This will be the day....

Then some shit goes down and I reach for a smoke.

That said I appreciate Stark's idea...very much.

Maybe instead of waiting, maybe I've already smoked my last.Consider

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-09-2015, 03:37 PM
"Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I've done it thousands of times." -- Mark Twain

Addiction. Yup. Been there, done that - got the t-shirt, the mug, the mousepad, the hat, ect, ect..

1. I quit smoking pot -- that was easy.
2. I quit snorting meth - that was tougher.
3. I quit gnawing on my fingernails - that wasn't hard - after did #2.
4. I quit smoking cigarettes - and yeah - it was a gold plated son of a bitch.

There's a couple of problems with quitting cigarettes --- they're fucking EVERYWHERE. It's not as bad as it used to be though. When I was in High School - they actually had a vending machine with cigarettes. (ostensibly for teachers only). You're not too likely to go to jail for having a butt - (barring TSA maniacs at airports).

I used nicotine gum to quit. I think it works a bit better - Pavlovian wise. One of the problems with smoking cigarettes is it gives you something to do with your hands - and when you quit -- short of taking up public masturbation -- or staying home and not having a social life, the psychological dependency makes it tough to "not have something to do" in dull moments......

The gum, you can use most anywhere.

As I see it -- e-cigs prolong the agony --- because you've still got the "satisfaction" of fondling something while getting your nicotine fix.

But shit -- -whatever works..... I do know that I've heard more than one person complain about throat problems from excessive e-cigs - and it makes sense.... It's not a natural thing to be sticking down your lungs.........

Good luck, and the trick -- is to keep quitting.....

Eventually, it takes hold....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-09-2015, 03:44 PM
(04-09-2015 03:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  To the OP wishing you the very best of luck. Seriously you're very brave. Blush

I have quit and restarted a million times....each morning is like...

This will be the day....

Then some shit goes down and I reach for a smoke.

That said I appreciate Stark's idea...very much.

Maybe instead of waiting, maybe I've already smoked my last.Consider
Thanks moms, starks ideas are helpful and thinking about what banjo has to go through helps stop me feeling sorry for myself
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post