Nicotine withdrawal rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2015, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 08:05 AM by adey67.)
RE: Nicotine withdrawal rant
(05-09-2015 07:14 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  E cigs going on 5 1/2 years here. My problem was more "what do I do with my hands?" and something to do while I stop for a moment to think. Not a gum chewer, patches didn't seem to fill the bill.

For a while I tried e cigs during the day and treated myself to 2 real cigs at night. Then came the morning when I saw 12 butts in the ashtray, told myself I was being a jackass, and ditched all the real cigs.

I saved money, I feel better, I smell better, hubby isn't getting the migraines he blamed on *my* smoking (but never his smoking when he did) -- win/win.

You can do it. Mind over matter and all that!

Hug
Thanks Tinkerbelle Day two and feeling a bit better I think its because I have figured out how to use the e cig properly its a little different from smoking a real cigarette.
Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
05-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Btw do any of you good folks know if there is a list of key words for adding the smileys ? My phone will only let me do it manually.
05-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Below the smiley box it says "get more". Hit that. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
05-09-2015, 09:08 AM
I wish I could give you some sage advice, Adey. I smoked for 40 years and quit five years ago. I didn't use e cigs or gum or patches and I crawled the walls for a few days. Today, I still miss it at times but not enough to want to start smoking again.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
05-09-2015, 09:23 AM
(05-09-2015 08:38 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Below the smiley box it says "get more". Hit that. Thumbsup

Thanks but no smiley box available on my phone unless I click on full web page instead of mobile version and even then it wont let me add the smileys No
05-09-2015, 09:26 AM
(05-09-2015 09:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 08:38 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Below the smiley box it says "get more". Hit that. Thumbsup

Thanks but no smiley box available on my phone unless I click on full web page instead of mobile version and even then it wont let me add the smileys No
05-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Oops double postFacepalm
06-09-2015, 02:49 AM
Day 3 not quite so good cravings quite bad but the good thing is I'm skint so no money = no cigarettes.
06-09-2015, 07:24 AM
(06-09-2015 02:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Day 3 not quite so good cravings quite bad but the good thing is I'm skint so no money = no cigarettes.

Go do something physical that requires 2 hands and your entire attention - like scrubbing the kitchen floor. Or go/do something in a place that does not permit smoking (restaurant, a long shower or bath). Use that energy you'd ease by smoking and get a clean house and/or you at the same time.

Good luck!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
06-09-2015, 01:20 PM
(06-09-2015 07:24 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 02:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Day 3 not quite so good cravings quite bad but the good thing is I'm skint so no money = no cigarettes.

Go do something physical that requires 2 hands and your entire attention - like scrubbing the kitchen floor. Or go/do something in a place that does not permit smoking (restaurant, a long shower or bath). Use that energy you'd ease by smoking and get a clean house and/or you at the same time.

Good luck!

Thanks I mowed the lawn it kinda helped Thumbsup