Nicotine withdrawal rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 08:27 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Nicotine withdrawal rant
Been through it. Remember physical withdrawal only lasts three weeks. After that it's all in ur head. So just get through that. The first three days/week is the worst. The crave doesn't ever go away but you'll get used to it. Dealing with that is a lot easier than you would think ...once you get past that hump. Keep at it my man. You know it's a good idea.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
06-09-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: Nicotine withdrawal rant
(04-09-2015 08:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm trying to quit smoking and withdrawal is fierce. I'm surfing like a bitch to take my mind of the cigarette's with limited success. I'm hungry all the time and eating anything and everything. I want to kill everyone I see and am thoroughly objectionable and wonder if its worthwhile doing this. I have an e cigarette which helps but its still horribly difficult. That's my rant. Has anyone else been through this and how long am I likely to feel like this?

Stick with it. Lung cancer is a horrible way to die.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-09-2015, 01:13 AM
(06-09-2015 08:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I'm trying to quit smoking and withdrawal is fierce. I'm surfing like a bitch to take my mind of the cigarette's with limited success. I'm hungry all the time and eating anything and everything. I want to kill everyone I see and am thoroughly objectionable and wonder if its worthwhile doing this. I have an e cigarette which helps but its still horribly difficult. That's my rant. Has anyone else been through this and how long am I likely to feel like this?

Stick with it. Lung cancer is a horrible way to die.

Thanks banjo hope you are feeling ok Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
07-09-2015, 01:20 AM
(07-09-2015 01:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 08:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Stick with it. Lung cancer is a horrible way to die.

Thanks banjo hope you are feeling ok Hug

I am feeling better each day. In fact I just asked if I could join my friend's band as his percussionist. I have not been a "band member" in decades. I usually work as what we call a sideman. So to join a band is wild. They are not 100% pro level, but then neither am I at this time. Smile

Stay away from those ciggies mate. They are a bastard!

Good luck my friend. I am here for you. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
07-09-2015, 02:25 AM
(07-09-2015 01:20 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 01:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Thanks banjo hope you are feeling ok Hug

I am feeling better each day. In fact I just asked if I could join my friend's band as his percussionist. I have not been a "band member" in decades. I usually work as what we call a sideman. So to join a band is wild. They are not 100% pro level, but then neither am I at this time. Smile

Stay away from those ciggies mate. They are a bastard!

Good luck my friend. I am here for you. Smile
That's f#@king awesome mate just what you need I reckon, I'm happy for you man. Yeah I'm gonna try and stick with it but I have noticed I'm starting to crave alcohol and if it gets to the point of making a choice I'll smoke rather than drink, bad shit happens if I do that Big Grin Hobo
07-09-2015, 02:29 AM
(07-09-2015 02:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  That's f#@king awesome mate just what you need I reckon, I'm happy for you man. Yeah I'm gonna try and stick with it but I have noticed I'm starting to crave alcohol and if it gets to the point of making a choice I'll smoke rather than drink, bad shit happens if I do that Big Grin Hobo

Concentrate on the money you save by ignoring both. Wink

Thanks. Smile

Banjo.
07-09-2015, 02:45 AM
Thumbsup Hobo
07-09-2015, 02:58 AM
Make yourself a fancy schmancy coffee. Maybe go get a pumpkin spice latte. Or brew a pot of fun tea.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
07-09-2015, 03:15 AM
(07-09-2015 02:58 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Make yourself a fancy schmancy coffee. Maybe go get a pumpkin spice latte. Or brew a pot of fun tea.

I agree Nurse.

One of my greatest friends, Ross, had a problem with alcohol. He helped himself get over it by focussing on fancy teas. Ross had been a famous drunk.

He became a tea aficionado. Smile

Banjo.
07-09-2015, 03:56 AM
Consider Trouble with that one guys is association,when I drink tea or coffee I always have it with a cigarette so I'm on fruit juice only at the moment which might explain my headache caffeine withdrawal Smile