Nicotine withdrawal rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2015, 04:00 AM
RE: Nicotine withdrawal rant
Perhaps I should become a Mormon I'm sure the magic underwear will protect me Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2015, 06:51 AM
(05-09-2015 08:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Btw do any of you good folks know if there is a list of key words for adding the smileys ? My phone will only let me do it manually.

Each smiley is a word embedded between two colons, or some that are a symbol combination from before graphical ones like the colon|right paren

Some are:

Angel angel
Blush blush
Dodgy dodgy
Heart heart
Huh huh
Sleepy sleepy
No no
Unsure unsure
Evil_monster monster
Sadcryface sadcryface
Sadcryface2 sadcryface2
Laughat laughat
Ohmy ohmy
Censored censored
Hobo hobo

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-09-2015, 06:51 AM
More are:

AngelYes yes
Thumbsup thumbsup
Blink blink
Weeping weeping
Smartass smartass
Blush blush
Shocking shocking
Consider consider:
Facepalm facepalm
Gasp gasp
Crickets cricket
Rainbow Vomit rainbowpuke
Drinking Beverage cup
Drooling drool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-09-2015, 06:54 AM
(07-09-2015 06:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 08:09 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Btw do any of you good folks know if there is a list of key words for adding the smileys ? My phone will only let me do it manually.

Each smiley is a word embedded between two colons, or some that are a symbol combination from before graphical ones like the colon|right paren

Some are:

Angel angel
Blush blush
Dodgy dodgy
Heart heart
Huh huh
Sleepy sleepy
No no
Unsure unsure
Evil_monster monster
Sadcryface sadcryface
Sadcryface2 sadcryface2
Laughat laughat
Ohmy ohmy

Dodgy you left out the best one - cup Drinking Beverage

...and as I tried to respond, it told me I could only use 15 smilies so I had to delete two from your list...which could be why you didn't use cup... I need to go to bed.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
07-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Thanks for that guys I appreciate your time its a great helpHug
08-09-2015, 06:59 AM
Ho hum day 5 and it still sucks. Dreaming about that fat juicy cigar I am so going to have on my birthday next week.
09-09-2015, 06:06 AM
Day 6 and something very interesting has happened, while cleaning my bedroom I discovered a cigarette which had fallen from a packet sometime ago and yes I smoked it, I was expecting to get a bit of a headrush being as I haven't had one for 5 days but... nothing no difference nil zero zilch nada far from being a setback I consider this a move forward in understanding myself and my addiction. Clearly the e cig is as potent as a cigarette and the perceived withdrawal is in my head and now I'm sure I will not smoke again ( except for the cigar on my birthday)
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
09-09-2015, 02:03 PM
(09-09-2015 06:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Day 6 and something very interesting has happened, while cleaning my bedroom I discovered a cigarette which had fallen from a packet sometime ago and yes I smoked it, I was expecting to get a bit of a headrush being as I haven't had one for 5 days but... nothing no difference nil zero zilch nada far from being a setback I consider this a move forward in understanding myself and my addiction. Clearly the e cig is as potent as a cigarette and the perceived withdrawal is in my head and now I'm sure I will not smoke again ( except for the cigar on my birthday)

YAY, YOU!! Banana_zorro

See? Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter! Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
09-09-2015, 02:17 PM
(09-09-2015 06:06 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Day 6 and something very interesting has happened, while cleaning my bedroom I discovered a cigarette which had fallen from a packet sometime ago and yes I smoked it, I was expecting to get a bit of a headrush being as I haven't had one for 5 days but... nothing no difference nil zero zilch nada far from being a setback I consider this a move forward in understanding myself and my addiction. Clearly the e cig is as potent as a cigarette and the perceived withdrawal is in my head and now I'm sure I will not smoke again ( except for the cigar on my birthday)
Heh I used to take some breaks(was trying to stop, but after a week or two I picked it up again) and I always found the cigs after the break to give a better hit.

Anyway, you rock

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
09-09-2015, 02:36 PM
When I quit smoking I always carried around a pack of sunflower seeds. Other than the nicotine it replaced nearly all of the things I felt were missing from my life without cigarettes:

1. Putting them in your mouth 3 or 4 at a time gives both your hands and mouth something to do.

2. It was a good way to kill a few minutes waiting for a bus or what have you.

3. Something to do with friends when they would take a smoke break.

4. Not as fattening as other things like candy or potato chips, you can pace yourself with them and not gain 300lbs.

5. You can use your old ashtrays when you chew them indoors, and when outdoors you can spit them wherever you please and make a mess for other people to deal with, just like cigarette butts, lol.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post