Nielsen Ratings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2015, 07:54 AM
Nielsen Ratings
Has anyone ever been a Nielsen rating family??

I got one of their questionnaires in last week -- and they included 2 new one dollar bills - I guess as an incentive.

I went ahead and filled it out -- did not give my name but did give one of my less used cell phone numbers. (If they get to be a pain in the ass - I can ditch the phone - no contract - and not registered to my real name)

Pretty weird. I suspect they use the old IF detection method to see if you're watching "On air" TV -- as none of my neighbors - who all have dish - got a questionnaire....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2015, 08:01 AM
RE: Nielsen Ratings
It seems that with the TV programming providers today they could find the information out pretty easily since they can tell you almost immediately how many people watched a particular show - which isn't really true anyway, it may just be that the TV was on that station - doesn't prove how many people are actually watching.

Such a survey would be pretty easy for me...I currently watch Game of Thrones and Blacklist and that is all. And I DVR Blacklist to watch later and skip over the commercials anyway - which is what they really want to know - how many people advertisers are reaching.

Don't go out and blow that two bucks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-05-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: Nielsen Ratings
Quote:Don't go out and blow that two bucks.

Consider There's a joke about a doe here somewhere.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post