Nigeria – Violence Against Persons Prohibition Bill Becomes Law

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2015, 04:49 AM
RE: Nigeria – Violence Against Persons Prohibition Bill Becomes Law
(08-07-2015 01:13 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 08:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You know who's in favor of FGM???

Tiny peckered men, who're such assholes that no woman would willingly have sex with them, let alone stay with them.....

That's who.

Are you mentally deficient? You think most people here don't already think that? FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

Actually, I'm shocked.

I made that statement with you in mind.

Sorry -- i didn't realize you were a victim of FGM....

ya twat.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2015, 01:39 PM
(07-07-2015 11:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 09:11 AM)tomilay Wrote:  How about South Africa? Jacob Zuma, publicly broke the law a few weeks ago, by ignoring a court order. He is presiding over a kleptocracy that would make Mobutu blush. The country is on autopilot. Why do people still give him landslide victories?

ANC are a bunch of heavies who've tasted power and like it. How easy exactly do you think it is to kick them out? Trade Unions? COSATU is in their pocket. SA Communist Party is a joke. And the DA, like it or not, deserved or not, are seen as the White Party - White's being the guys who did the apartheid thing. Or you can short-circuit the whole damn democratic exercise and lead a mob.

Zuma has deliberately weakened a lot of the machinery of state - abusing his presidential appointment powers to put his people in key government positions, replacing judges he doesn't like, firing people who are a threat. He's a snake.

At the same time he's a populist politician. Do I really have to spell it out to you? People give him ballot box victories 'cos he's damn good at deceiving a large part of the population a lot of the time. Why did Berlusconi consistently win in Italy? His boyish good looks? All the Italians knew he was as crooked as a spiral staircase too.
I see. It's tough. It looks like Julius Malema is increasingly filling in for the government in waiting. Scary stuff. Democracy is overrated in certain contexts.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
10-07-2015, 12:14 AM
(09-07-2015 01:39 PM)tomilay Wrote:  I see. It's tough. It looks like Julius Malema is increasingly filling in for the government in waiting. Scary stuff. Democracy is overrated in certain contexts.

Julius scares the crap out of me Sadcryface He's a young Hitler if ever I saw one.

On the other hand, South Africa is in a lot better position than most African states. There's a strong tradition of civil disobedience and (post-apartheid) free press. Zuma, as much as he would love to elect himself Dear Leader for life, can't possibly go that route. As much as he tries to suppress news of his shenanigans with stealing state funds and as much as he tries to rally mob support to avoid being brought to book, he hasn't been able to prevent the man on the street from finding out. In this particular context democracy - well, democracy is the reason we have him as a leader, but democracy, free press and all that inconvenient stuff is also the only thing preventing him from the kind of excesses he wishes he could enact.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.