Nightclub Attack in Istanbul at least 35 dead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Nightclub Attack in Istanbul at least 35 dead
cnn link

Quote:(CNN)Thirty-five people were killed and 40 wounded in an attack in a nightclub early Sunday as they were celebrating the new year, Istanbul governor Vasip Sahin said. Sahin called the incident "a terror attack."

The attacker, who has not yet been identified, opened fire inside the high-end Reina nightclub in the busy Besiktas neighborhood of Istanbul, according to Turkish state-run news agency Anadolu.

No words left. This kind of shit is getting really, really old.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: Nightclub Attack in Istanbul at least 35 dead
How to alienate a planet?

Islam.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
31-12-2016, 07:58 PM
(31-12-2016 07:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  How to alienate a planet?

Islam.

Could be the PKK too. Usualy they target police officers or soldiers over simple civilians, but it still might be them. In all cases, that's a pretty terrible news. It will certainly not help to prevent Turkey slide into authoritarianism.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
31-12-2016, 07:58 PM
Damn, beat me to it.

YAY GUN LAW ARGUMENTS AGAIN!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
31-12-2016, 08:05 PM
So very sad.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

31-12-2016, 10:04 PM
(31-12-2016 07:58 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Damn, beat me to it.

YAY GUN LAW ARGUMENTS AGAIN!

Where? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-12-2016, 10:18 PM
(31-12-2016 07:52 PM)Banjo Wrote:  How to alienate a planet?

Islam.

500 years ago it was Catholicism.
01-01-2017, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2017 07:25 AM by Vosur.)
Something doesn't add up here. The Telegraph reports that the club in which the shooting occurred is "one of the most elite spots in the city" and that "getting inside past the bouncers who seek out only the best dressed" is "notoriously hard." How did someone dressed as Santa Claus make it into a club like that? As I understand it, it's not uncommon for police officers in Turkey to wear Santa Claus costumes on New Year's Eve, but wouldn't the bouncers have wanted to see some sort of identification to verify that he actually is a police officer?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-01-2017, 07:31 AM
(01-01-2017 07:15 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Something doesn't add up here. The Telegraph reports that the club in which the shooting occurred is "one of the most elite spots in the city" and that "getting inside past the bouncers who seek out only the best dressed" is "notoriously hard." How did someone dressed as Santa Claus make it into a club like that? As I understand it, it's not uncommon for police officers in Turkey to wear Santa Claus costumes on New Year's Eve, but wouldn't the bouncers have wanted to see some sort of identification to verify that he actually is a police officer?

Bouncers generally aren't bullet proof -- and aren't much use to stopping a guy who is pointing an AK in their direction.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-01-2017, 10:10 AM
(01-01-2017 07:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-01-2017 07:15 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Something doesn't add up here. The Telegraph reports that the club in which the shooting occurred is "one of the most elite spots in the city" and that "getting inside past the bouncers who seek out only the best dressed" is "notoriously hard." How did someone dressed as Santa Claus make it into a club like that? As I understand it, it's not uncommon for police officers in Turkey to wear Santa Claus costumes on New Year's Eve, but wouldn't the bouncers have wanted to see some sort of identification to verify that he actually is a police officer?

Bouncers generally aren't bullet proof -- and aren't much use to stopping a guy who is pointing an AK in their direction.....

The bouncer and an armed police officer were shot and killed at the entrence of the culb before the massacre started. The perpetrator has managed to escape the place, but apparently, he wasn't disguised as Santa Claus, but had a Santa hat.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.