Nightmare Before Christmas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Nightmare Before Christmas
Just an awesome movie. Am I alone? Just something about "kids movies" that not only appeal to adults, but make the dark, creepy things appealing to children. A classic that my daughter and I have watched every Christmas AND Hallowe'en since it was made.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2010, 02:36 PM
RE: Nightmare Before Christmas
I have it on DVD ^.^ I also love the Corpse Bride too! I think every child should be exposed to the wonders of these classics Big Grin

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
31-08-2010, 06:34 PM
I love almost everything by Tim Burton. =P The Nightmare Before Christmas was the first movie of his I watched. I love musicals, I love dissonance, I love the "goth-y" side of things, so putting them all together made for one of my favourite movies. =D

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2010, 08:47 AM

The Corpse Bride is a fall tradition at our house. Of course, we're pretty goth so we all get into it.
Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2010, 02:35 PM

I love Tim Burton's films :-D got to love the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!
24-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I love Tim Burton, but he's kind of sucked as of late. I know he was only the producer of 9, but it kinda sucked. Also, I hated Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

I loved The Nightmare Before Christmas, and I love Tim Burton's Batman movies, as well as Edward Scissorhands. I even though Corpse Bride was half-decent.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
04-10-2010, 12:31 AM

Well, I have seen this movie and I want to say you that I can’t deal with scary films. I also want to say you that this film is fine, so don’t be put off by people saying it’s scary – it’s scary because the characters are creepy.
04-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I just love that movie! It is so fun and cute!
07-10-2010, 02:50 PM

Tim Burton ONLY disapointed me on Sweeny Todd, but other then that cringe worthy film, I LOVE HIM.

Am i the only one who saw that cute little Sackpeople film, 9, by him about the whole post apocalyptic robots killing the humans off. It was so creepy and weird, but adorable at the same time. Id recommend it, because it has a touch of Streampunk to it, i think, which is awesome.
07-10-2010, 07:21 PM
(07-10-2010 02:50 PM)violentpixi Wrote:  Tim Burton ONLY disapointed me on Sweeny Todd, but other then that cringe worthy film, I LOVE HIM.

Am i the only one who saw that cute little Sackpeople film, 9, by him about the whole post apocalyptic robots killing the humans off. It was so creepy and weird, but adorable at the same time. Id recommend it, because it has a touch of Streampunk to it, i think, which is awesome.
Well, he only produced that. It was directed by Shane Acker. I was so excited to see the movie, but I ended up hating it. The atmosphere was great, but the story was so thin you would think it purged every night.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert