Nightmares.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Nightmares.
Hello everyone, when I deconverted I would have nightmares about hell, (My family are fire and brimstone burn forever Christians) These have gone away for the most part, but have been replaced with creationism ones! I was home schooled my whole life. We used to attend a home school group once a week. My nightmare was of myself sitting in one of the classrooms, being all innocent and shit, and then I realized intelligent design was being taught. I started to panic, I couldn't talk, I was trying to warn, the other kids around me, that this was not true. Then I ran out of the classroom, with teachers chasing me, then I woke up...creepy huh?

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 07:48 AM
RE: Nightmares.
Creepy? Yes. Normal? Yes. I still have Kingdom Hall dreams stemming from my Witness days.

Hang in there Chuck! Thumbsup

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
09-07-2013, 07:54 AM
Nightmares and dreams in general are just your brain mopping up bits and pieces that have not been resolved and filed away properly. You brain never stops working for you.

Depending on the magnitude of the issue, it can take many, many nights of hard work for your brain to mop everything up.

But eventually, it shall be done.

Hang in there!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-07-2013, 09:30 PM
(09-07-2013 07:48 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Creepy? Yes. Normal? Yes. I still have Kingdom Hall dreams stemming from my Witness days.

Hang in there Chuck! Thumbsup

I come from a Jehovah's Witness family too!
09-07-2013, 09:41 PM
There are ways to increase the chances of dreaming what you want to dream. You just have to immerse yourself in the thought of what you like while laying in bed before you sleep. I admit, I love to think about being Superman before I sleep. I've had many successes and thus dreamt about flying numerous times. I swear, nothing beats that feeling. It's also odd how when I fly in the dream, it feels so natural. I've had dreams of doing stuff like shooting fireballs, but they never felt natural.

Here's a quark about me when I dream. More than half the time, I am aware of the fact that I'm dreaming. This quark gets really strange when I have dreams within dreams of dreams. I wake up totally discombobulated.

BTW, I suffer from regular night terrors. God awful feeling. When it happens, I am aware of my surroundings, but my body is paralyzed. Then I am overwhelmed with this feeling of discomfort like I've been stuck in a single position for days. I have to use all of my will power to move and when I finally manage, I fall right back asleep.

The stuff our brains do to us while we sleep. Madness.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like NoahsFarce's post
09-07-2013, 10:01 PM
(09-07-2013 07:40 AM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  Hello everyone, when I deconverted I would have nightmares about hell, (My family are fire and brimstone burn forever Christians) These have gone away for the most part, but have been replaced with creationism ones! I was home schooled my whole life. We used to attend a home school group once a week. My nightmare was of myself sitting in one of the classrooms, being all innocent and shit, and then I realized intelligent design was being taught. I started to panic, I couldn't talk, I was trying to warn, the other kids around me, that this was not true. Then I ran out of the classroom, with teachers chasing me, then I woke up...creepy huh?

That's pretty normal. Nothing to worry about.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
09-07-2013, 10:06 PM
(09-07-2013 09:41 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  BTW, I suffer from regular night terrors. God awful feeling. When it happens, I am aware of my surroundings, but my body is paralyzed. Then I am overwhelmed with this feeling of discomfort like I've been stuck in a single position for days. I have to use all of my will power to move and when I finally manage, I fall right back asleep.

that sounds like a seizure. are your muscles contracting tightly all over and giving you the discomfort? And most people are extremely tired after a seizure. There are different types of seizures--most are much, much milder than the Hollywood seizure with foaming at the mouth and flopping all around.

when my mother would have a seizure she said that she would get a metallic taste in her mouth, a tingle would go up her arms, she could see & hear everything, but couldn't move or talk. Many times she would have them with us in the room next to her and not know it.

"It's all bullshit, we know it, and you know it, you're either to fucking stupid to realize it, or too chickenshit to admit it." -pablo. Bowing
09-07-2013, 11:35 PM
(09-07-2013 09:41 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  There are ways to increase the chances of dreaming what you want to dream. You just have to immerse yourself in the thought of what you like while laying in bed before you sleep. I admit, I love to think about being Superman before I sleep. I've had many successes and thus dreamt about flying numerous times. I swear, nothing beats that feeling. It's also odd how when I fly in the dream, it feels so natural. I've had dreams of doing stuff like shooting fireballs, but they never felt natural.

Here's a quark about me when I dream. More than half the time, I am aware of the fact that I'm dreaming. This quark gets really strange when I have dreams within dreams of dreams. I wake up totally discombobulated.

BTW, I suffer from regular night terrors. God awful feeling. When it happens, I am aware of my surroundings, but my body is paralyzed. Then I am overwhelmed with this feeling of discomfort like I've been stuck in a single position for days. I have to use all of my will power to move and when I finally manage, I fall right back asleep.

Oh night terrors are awful. I have a friend who used to get those. She described it like being hypotized.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

09-07-2013, 11:39 PM
(09-07-2013 10:06 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(09-07-2013 09:41 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  BTW, I suffer from regular night terrors. God awful feeling. When it happens, I am aware of my surroundings, but my body is paralyzed. Then I am overwhelmed with this feeling of discomfort like I've been stuck in a single position for days. I have to use all of my will power to move and when I finally manage, I fall right back asleep.

that sounds like a seizure. are your muscles contracting tightly all over and giving you the discomfort? And most people are extremely tired after a seizure. There are different types of seizures--most are much, much milder than the Hollywood seizure with foaming at the mouth and flopping all around.

when my mother would have a seizure she said that she would get a metallic taste in her mouth, a tingle would go up her arms, she could see & hear everything, but couldn't move or talk. Many times she would have them with us in the room next to her and not know it.

Hollywood ruins everything. I was watching greys anatomy (which can be dangerous around here) and my husband glanced at the tv and said dryly, "you do know when they apply "paddles" to jump start the heart, the patient doesn't jump."

Blew my mind.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-07-2013, 04:38 AM
I've never had a nightmare before, I take it they aren't fun, no?

[Image: opforum1.png]