Nightmares after reading TTA forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Nightmares after reading TTA forum
I'm pretty new here. Been lurking a long while, trying to decide if I fit in and how active I want to be. Lately I've been listening to a lot of the podcasts, and they really resonate with me, as do many of the threads on the forum. I guess the only thing I struggle with here is the "we're better than you" attitude. Oh, I understand all the reasons for it, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

Anyway, I was reading a lot last night and early this morning - looking at some of the pics and reading a lot of the Bible threads, and I ended up having horrible nightmares last night. Sadcryface Like jeez, how do Christians go to sleep at night knowing all that crap is in their holy book? Oh, wait. Most of them don't know. That's why...I get it now.

Huge eye-opening experience for me.

Of course, I can't watch horror movies anymore, either.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2014, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 04:41 PM by Free Thought.)
RE: Nightmares after reading TTA forum
(10-03-2014 08:22 AM)WhiteRaven Wrote:  I'm pretty new here. Been lurking a long while, trying to decide if I fit in and how active I want to be. Lately I've been listening to a lot of the podcasts, and they really resonate with me, as do many of the threads on the forum. I guess the only thing I struggle with here is the "we're better than you" attitude. Oh, I understand all the reasons for it, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

Anyway, I was reading a lot last night and early this morning - looking at some of the pics and reading a lot of the Bible threads, and I ended up having horrible nightmares last night. Sadcryface Like jeez, how do Christians go to sleep at night knowing all that crap is in their holy book? Oh, wait. Most of them don't know. That's why...I get it now.

Your average horror movie probably pales in comparison to the Bibal when thought about deeply, just saying.

That aside, welcome to the forum, and make no mistake, when it comes to the theotrolls, we are better than them, mostly 'cause they act like absolute idiots and we're only partial idiots.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
10-03-2014, 08:32 AM
(10-03-2014 08:22 AM)WhiteRaven Wrote:  I guess the only thing I struggle with here is the "we're better than you" attitude. Oh, I understand all the reasons for it, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you from down there.

Do you even have permission to speak, peon?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
10-03-2014, 08:32 AM
[Image: superior.png]
[+] 6 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
10-03-2014, 08:42 AM
(10-03-2014 08:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 08:22 AM)WhiteRaven Wrote:  I guess the only thing I struggle with here is the "we're better than you" attitude. Oh, I understand all the reasons for it, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

Your average horror movie probably pales in comparison to the Bibal taken when thought about deeply, just saying.

That aside, welcome to the forum, and make no mistake, when it comes to the theotrolls, we are better than them, mostly 'cause they act like absolute idiot and we're only partial idiots.

Yeah, I guess I should restate that. I don't so much mean on the forum. It's an atheist forum, so just about anything goes, I would imagine. I think it's harder, though, to see the same kind of thing in public forums or social media. Like when TTA posts on FB and gets a lot of really hate-filled comments directed at theists.
10-03-2014, 11:45 AM
(10-03-2014 08:22 AM)WhiteRaven Wrote:  I'm pretty new here. Been lurking a long while, trying to decide if I fit in and how active I want to be. Lately I've been listening to a lot of the podcasts, and they really resonate with me, as do many of the threads on the forum. I guess the only thing I struggle with here is the "we're better than you" attitude. Oh, I understand all the reasons for it, but it just doesn't sit right with me.

Ahh, atleast you didn't end up like the last person...
(Whisper)Muffsy, we miss you.
Wait, he's alive?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
10-03-2014, 03:17 PM

If you can't watch horror movies because there is something in the bible maybe you should see a psychologist Big Grin
10-03-2014, 03:20 PM

It really is amazing people can profess to believe such nonsense isnt it? I have a recommendation for oyu...a book called A Manual for creating atheists by peter boghossian.....easy read, cheap book and it builds an approach that isnt so much an attack on someones religion, as that just makes them go defensive and shut down, but slowly gets them to ask introspective questions into their faith, thus planting the seeds of doubt....good stuff. Welcome by the way.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)