Nightwish - Imaginaerum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Nightwish - Imaginaerum
Anyone got this album?

[Image: nightwish-imaginaerum.jpg]

I bought it recently, actually being only the second CD I've owned (I moved straight from cassettes to MP3s), and I think it's possibly the most amazing thing I've ever heard. It's kicked Beethoven's Ninth Symphony off of the top spot in my mind, and its left a trail of amazing that I can't imagine anything else ever being able to climb up. I never imagined that anything, especially some audio-only, could have the grandeur and beauty that this album has. I've listened to it all the way through about 5 times now and every time a minute after the end of the last track I get that feeling like I've watched an extremely good film and wish I could somehow continue to exist inside it.
First thing to move me to tears for a very long time.

Interested if anyone here has it, and what they think of it.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
26-04-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: Nightwish - Imaginaerum
I haven't heard this before, but you made me curious so I went to the interwebz and found two versions. I'm guessing from your description you bought the orchestral version?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
26-04-2012, 10:09 AM
I actually got the box set with both versions, but I haven't listened to the orchestral yet, only the original xD

26-04-2012, 10:13 AM
(26-04-2012 10:09 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I actually got the box set with both versions, but I haven't listened to the orchestral yet, only the original xD
Oh, dude...I'm listening to it right now. I only heard a minute of the original, but the orchestral version is awesome.

Have you ever heard Metallica's S & M? Not the same style, but same idea of the orchestra rocking out with the band!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
26-04-2012, 10:17 AM
(26-04-2012 10:13 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-04-2012 10:09 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I actually got the box set with both versions, but I haven't listened to the orchestral yet, only the original xD
Oh, dude...I'm listening to it right now. I only heard a minute of the original, but the orchestral version is awesome.

Have you ever heard Metallica's S & M? Not the same style, but same idea of the orchestra rocking out with the band!
I've listened to a lot of rock, but so far the only bands I've liked are Rhapsody of Fire and Nightwish (which is my favourite obviously xD ), although I do like a few old Evenescense(sp?) songs.

[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post
26-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I used to like them back when they released Wishmaster. Then starting from Century Child they started getting mediocre and when they got the new singer they started sounding like europop.

But if you recommend the new one, I'll give it a try. When I like something I usually end up buying it, but I'll get me some mp3s first.

If you like them, I think you would like Therion.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor