Nihilists Unite!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2012, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 08:34 PM by itsacow.)
Nihilists Unite!!!!
As a moderate nihilist, i believe we should all unite under a common banner for anarchy.

Enough said. Laughat

Well, anyways I have recently found that my belief system of the world slightly relates with nihilism. I believe that what you have not experienced does not exist, because if you have not experienced it, then how do you know there is other things in the world. Example: You see a dog, you pet the dog. Therefore dog is real. If you had not had that encounter, how would you know it existed, because you have not experienced it. Thoughts on this?

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: Nihilists Unite!!!!
Existential nihilist, over here.

Life has no inherent meaning. Doesn't mean it's pointless. We each choose the meaning of our own lives.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
27-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I would consider myself a nihilist.

I have no belief in any of the following:
- Gods
- Morality
- Absolute right/wrong
- Absolute purpose

Although I do believe in the existence of things that I haven't touched.
Are you for real buddy? Hobo
27-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Well you're taking things purely on empirical evidence. The optimal methodology.

I think your full stance on the topic is indeterminable from that example though. Clearly you believe in taking things in physically but what about through other forms of information.

If you a non-fiction book about Japan, does just the book exist and not the Islands that compose Japan?

I would consider myself Existential but not Nihilist. I do see people giving meaning to their lives even though it has no true absolute.
27-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Well i may not have been entirely clear. Another example: I read a book about Japan. I wonder if it true or not. I find another source that states Japan is real. I believe Japan is real.

Yea, you basically debunked what I thought. Now time to find another obscure belief in the world!

Under Repair.
27-03-2012, 10:14 PM
(27-03-2012 09:02 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Well i may not have been entirely clear. Another example: I read a book about Japan. I wonder if it true or not. I find another source that states Japan is real. I believe Japan is real.

Yea, you basically debunked what I thought. Now time to find another obscure belief in the world!
Wouldn't it be great it if were that easy to debunk christianity! Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
27-03-2012, 11:30 PM
(27-03-2012 08:43 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Existential nihilist, over here.

Life has no inherent meaning. Doesn't mean it's pointless. We each choose the meaning of our own lives.

Thumbsup Thumbsup

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.