Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2017, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 11:48 PM by Shadow Fox.)
Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017

HOLY CRAP THIS WAS AMAZING! A lot of the games that I saw were not launch titles, but we DO get Zelda which due to the new trailer, is even more amazing looking now. The new Mario Odyssey looks like it is going to be really freaking sweet. We have SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI!!!!!!!!! and Dragon Quest games coming to the Switch, along with DISGAEA! That fighting game Arms looks good, the party games look like potential fun, MAN, This presentation KICKED ASS!!

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG WOOOOO WOWOOO MOTHER FU****

( Edited )

*The rest of this Message has been deleted for having Fanboy fangasm levels reaching critical mass. We apologies for the inconvenience as our actions were implemented to ensure your safety. Thank You*

Anyway, I am super hyped about this. From Future disgaea games, Shin Megami Tensei , the awesome looking nintendo games. What looked like to be Fast Racer Neo or a sequal of it, and all the other stuff. This looks like it will be the system we all wished Wii U could had turned out to be. The third party support for this is INSANE my brothers and sisters! The only thing that breaks my heart is that I don't think I can afford it on launch. My windshield cracked when I turned on the heat to defog it a few days ago, so I need a new one of those first.

Games and game series that we will be getting

1-2 Switch
FIFA
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Super Mario Odyssey
Skyrim
Splatoon 2
ARMS
Has Been Heroes
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Edition
Snipperclips
Just Dance 2017
Super Bomberman R
Zelda: BOTW
DISGAEA 5
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Fast Racer Neo RMX
Minecraft Switch
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Raymen Legends: Definitive Edition
RIME
Shin Megami Tensei : Working Title
Skylanders
Steep
I am Setsuna
Lego City : Undercover
Sonic Mania
Project Sonic 2017
NBA 2k18
Syberia 3
Farming Sim
Arcade Archives

That is all I can figure out for what they had shown

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2017, 11:39 PM
RE: Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017
Wow. These guys are on POINT! I'm really fascinated about its Transformer-like ability to be configured in so many ways.

The 2nd guy makes a good point about Nintendo breaking ground in many features that we now take for granted on other systems.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-01-2017, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2017 01:30 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Looks like they'll be open for pre-orders this morning, 9AM EST.

https://www.destructoid.com/your-first-c...1401.phtml

Also, they finally ditched region locking bullshit.

Still...

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY HD MONSTER HUNTER CAPCOM!?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-01-2017, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2017 02:54 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Okay, so no region locking is, once again, a huge plus. The JoyCon controllers are more complicated and feature rich than we initially gave them credit for.

1-2-Switch looks meh. I'm always down for a new Xenoblade game, even if I'm hoping this one has less of a downer existential crisis ending than Xenoblade Chronicles X. The title they showed right after that was a KOEI Techmo and Omega Force / Team Ninja title, the teams behind the Dynasty Warrior series, and also the hybrid mash-up Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS and WiiU, and the stuff shown right after is clearly Fire Emblem (the shield, which is the actual Fire Emblem, and six orbs; plus that was the legendary sword Falchion as wielded by Lord Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening). So that's going to be a Dynasty Warriors style game with Fire Emblem characters instead of The Legend of Zelda, which sounds cool; and certainly more of a thematic fit.

Also an Unreal Engine powered and Japanese developed game, in the Shin Megami Tensi trailer, certainly is strange; and a sign of drastic changes in the development atmosphere in Japan. Seeing a Square-Enix title on a Nintendo home console certainly is nostalgic, especially with that pseudo-sprite aesthetic. Plus, having a SEGA Corporate Director on the stage for a Nintendo press event? Did anyone ever think we'd see that? Followed by Todd Howard, one of my personal favorite developers. Not that I care for playing Skyrim on a Switch when I have a beastly gaming PC already, but it was still fun to see him there. Then the fuckery doesn't stop, as they wheel out SUDA 51, the man largely responsible for some of the strangest software to ever grace Nintendo's platforms (Killer 7, No More Heroes).

So, that's an unnamed Sonic title. the Minecraft looking one I'm pretty sure is just a port of Tell Tale's Minecraft: Story Mode. The avatar swapping out parts is I'm pretty sure a Skylanders game. The blue slimes and Akira Toriyama's artworks is a dead give away for a Dragon Quest game. I saw ports of LEGO: Undercover and Rayman: Origins. There's a Dragon Ball Z series fighting game (does anyone care?). I definitely saw a Disgaea series title in there, also probably a port [it's Disgaea 5, as per Destructoid]. The old school RPG, given the desing of the UI, looks like another game in the Tales series (and the next one is coming out in a few months). The old shogun looking dude is probably from Dynasty Warriors, or another Omega Force title. Old school sprite based Street Fighter (possibly 2?), a Bomber-Man title, and four person Tetris. Followed by what appears to be a legit Minecraft port. I can only hope those racing hover vehicles are F-ZERO, but considering Nintendo and their actual look, they have to be from another title.

Speculation Time!

In the Breath of the Wild trailer, the deep voice lamenting how Link no longer recognizes him? That's clearly the Great Deku Tree, last seen dying in The Ocarina of Time. Plus I think the voice at the very end telling Link to wake up? While I can't say for sure, having never played the Japanese version, I'm pretty sure that's supposed to by the fairy Navi, also from Ocarina of Time. So yeah, Breath of the Wild is looking like it's probably a direct descendant of the events of the seminal N64 classic.

13-01-2017, 05:18 AM
The subscription service kind of turns me off but maybe, just maybe that means you won't have to re buy digital games if you get a new system.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
13-01-2017, 05:34 AM
(13-01-2017 05:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  The subscription service kind of turns me off but maybe, just maybe that means you won't have to re buy digital games if you get a new system.

The only things that could possibly work with is Virtual Console, and they made you re-purchase them between the Wii and WiiU. Hopefully with Nintendo's push for a unified online system, at least conceptually similar to an Xbox Live gamertag or Playstation Network account, they might finally do away with that bullshit; but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to make a very Nintendo-like (read: anti-consumer) decision and fuck it up. The region free console is a good sign, let's hope they follow through with other pro-consumer decisions.

13-01-2017, 05:37 AM
(13-01-2017 05:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 05:18 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  The subscription service kind of turns me off but maybe, just maybe that means you won't have to re buy digital games if you get a new system.

The only things that could possibly work with is Virtual Console, and they made you re-purchase them between the Wii and WiiU. Hopefully with Nintendo's push for a unified online system, at least conceptually similar to an Xbox Live gamertag or Playstation Network account, they might finally do away with that bullshit; but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to make a very Nintendo-like (read: anti-consumer) decision and fuck it up. The region free console is a good sign, let's hope they follow through with other pro-consumer decisions.

Let's hope, a lot. Sucks praying doesn't work because this is a time where it would be useful.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
13-01-2017, 09:27 AM
I watched it live and walked away kind of lukewarm. One thing that really worries me is the fact the unit only has 32 gigs of onboard storage. The other is those controllers ,which if you want to buy additional ones the pro is gonna be $59.99 the joy-cons are 79.99 for a second set, look tensy-tiny even the pro looks far smaller than usual controllers. I got gorilla paws I can't be messing with a controller for ants.

Overall I think I will wait a good while and see how many must play games are on it and possibly for a price drop if all I end up wanting to play is the new Mario and Zelda games. Oh and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe if I can choose not to have to use the motion controls and play it like a real fucking game then I will be excited cause the Wii version of that game was utter shit.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-01-2017, 09:39 AM
(13-01-2017 09:27 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I watched it live and walked away kind of lukewarm. One thing that really worries me is the fact the unit only has 32 gigs of onboard storage. The other is those controllers ,which if you want to buy additional ones the pro is gonna be $59.99 the joy-cons are 79.99 for a second set, look tensy-tiny even the pro looks far smaller than usual controllers. I got gorilla paws I can't be messing with a controller for ants.

Overall I think I will wait a good while and see how many must play games are on it and possibly for a price drop if all I end up wanting to play is the new Mario and Zelda games. Oh and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe if I can choose not to have to use the motion controls and play it like a real fucking game then I will be excited cause the Wii version of that game was utter shit.

Well, Mario Kart 8 was the WiiU, and played great with a Pro Controller. Tongue

It's going to have Monster Hunter. I know it's not announced yet, but it's currently Capcom's biggest cash cow, and that game has sold gangbusters on portable consoles. It is going to be on the Switch, and that alone makes it a must-have for me. Maybe not a launch, and I'll be bummed if I cannot get one before the end of March, but I'll certainly have one for the inevitable next Monster Hunter iteration before it is released.

The WiiU was the only 8th Generation console I own, because it offered a different experience and games that I couldn't get (or have similar experiences to) on my gaming PC. I love my New 3DS XL and still play it regularly. So yeah, I'm a pretty easy lay for this console. It's gonna have the next Zelda game, it's gonna have Monster Hunter, and it's going to have a Dynasty/Samurai Warriors game with Fire Emblem characters. Maybe it'll even see a port of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, possibly seeing a resurgence of awesome Metroidvania titles (the GBA and DS had a slew of them, and it was an amazing run of games, some of the best ever).

If I want AAA titles or off-beat indie games, I have my PC. The Switch offers me something else, something different (and portable), and I find that very appealing. If Nintendo was just going to make another 'me too' console like their Gamecube, I'd be hard pressed to be as excited; although much like the WiiU, the pile of exclusives and first party games would eventually make it a worthwhile purchase.

13-01-2017, 09:52 AM
(13-01-2017 09:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 09:27 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I watched it live and walked away kind of lukewarm. One thing that really worries me is the fact the unit only has 32 gigs of onboard storage. The other is those controllers ,which if you want to buy additional ones the pro is gonna be $59.99 the joy-cons are 79.99 for a second set, look tensy-tiny even the pro looks far smaller than usual controllers. I got gorilla paws I can't be messing with a controller for ants.

Well, Mario Kart 8 was the WiiU, and played great with a Pro Controller. Tongue

Ok good I never had a WiiU mainly because the Wii was just a dust gatherer unless I was playing a Zelda game. When we got Mario Kart for the Wii everyone in my family was super excited then we put it in the system and found out the controls were beyond broken. Game was not fun, my brother spent enough time that he eventually could compensate for the horrible unresponsive motion controls but it was still not worth it.

(13-01-2017 09:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's going to have Monster Hunter. I know it's not announced yet, but it's currently Capcom's biggest cash cow, and that game has sold gangbusters on portable consoles. It is going to be on the Switch, and that alone makes it a must-have for me. Maybe not a launch, and I'll be bummed if I cannot get one before the end of March, but I'll certainly have one for the inevitable next Monster Hunter iteration before it is released.

I'd be amazed if it did not, never really been a huge Monster Hunter fan but given the technology in the switch they could really do some fun things with it.

(13-01-2017 09:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The WiiU was the only 8th Generation console I own, because it offered a different experience and games that I couldn't get (or have similar experiences to) on my gaming PC. I love my New 3DS XL and still play it regularly. So yeah, I'm a pretty easy lay for this console. It's gonna have the next Zelda game, it's gonna have Monster Hunter, and it's going to have a Dynasty/Samurai Warriors game with Fire Emblem characters. Maybe it'll even see a port of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, possibly seeing a resurgence of awesome Metroidvania titles (the GBA and DS had a slew of them, and it was an amazing run of games, some of the best ever).

If I want AAA titles or off-beat indie games, I have my PC. The Switch offers me something else, something different (and portable), and I find that very appealing. If Nintendo was just going to make another 'me too' console like their Gamecube, I'd be hard pressed to be as excited; although much like the WiiU, the pile of exclusives and first party games would eventually make it a worthwhile purchase.

We just recently got a PS4 (christmas for EA's youngest) and it offers some things I would not want to play on PC including local multiplayer. The WiiU never really struck me as a must have and given that it is about to be completely shuttered I am glad I did not buy one. Every WiiU title has been canceled or moved to the switch.

That said I was not 100% negative on the Switch just saying I will not be getting one at launch. Depending on how many great 1st party titles they release in the first year or two I will eventually pick one up.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense