Nintendo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Heart Nintendo
I love Nintendo.
When I was 9, my father got a bad concsience for never being there so he sent me a NES for christmas. A Nintendo-lover was born in that moment!!!

I had two games for it back then. A weird puzzle game, I forgot the name by now, but it was too easy. And Super Mario Bros. And I played them both a lot (was allowed an hour per day).
A bit later we bought a used SNES from the video rental place and a few used games with it.
Zelda, Super Mario World, F-Zero, a motorcycle racing game, Super Mario Allstarts, Yoshi's Island, Tetris & DrMario, Kirby's Ghosttrap, Terranigma etc... oh I was playing so much and loved it! I even loved the bad games for finding all the glitches!
Again a bit later, my mom had saved a bit of cash and she bought the N64 and a few games! I loved it. Zelda Majora's Mask, Mario, Extreme G, Pokemon (well didn't like that one), and a few more. And again I was playing until I knew every secret and could play it blind. Sidenote I had no computer and therefore no way to find secrets by looking them up, I actually had to FIND them.
I have not played the later models because I lacked the cash to buy them but I want to! XBox and Gameboy Advance are on the list but must wait a bit.
I would love to get an old Gameboy. Do you remember the first model? The big grey Gameboy with the green screen. I like that one a lot, I am sure I would still like it would I have it and a few games. Zelda on that one was great.

You kind of get the clue > I love Nintendo.
I have tried Playstation, my hun has a PSP but I find it annoying.

Who else loves Nintendo like me?

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
15-01-2012, 09:31 AM
RE: Nintendo
Yep! So many memories playing video games as a kid- Nintendo, Sega, Playstation. I loved the NES the most, then Sega. Those were some good times. I did get a Gameboy that my brother and I shared between each other (and fought over it constantly, but it was mostly his since he was older), and at one point I got the Sega handheld (don't remember what it's called). I remember it was color, and I had Echo the Dolphin on it, it was great! Big Grin

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
15-01-2012, 09:41 AM
I used to love Nintendo. Now I find them a total waste of money.
They have abandoned all sense and reason in favor I making quick money.
They even ruined the gameboy. The wii is a gimmick that gets old fast if you really like playing videogames. Very few games with more than a few minutes worth of entertainment value.
And then the 3ds. While also cool, is still a gimmick.
There is no long lasting appeal. I have no clue how they make the game appear in 3d but I also can't use it for more than ten minutes without getting bored of it and annoyed. At that point the player is forced to look at the quality of the games an yes there are better games on the 3ds then on the wii already. But still not many.
The game boy was great. Ad from what I hear Nintendo is still selling more regular ds machines than te new 3ds. Surprising considering I've seen the 3ds for cheaper than the ds a few times already.

Anyways I've had nearly all of the popular systems and I've got a gamer friend who owns almost every system ever made, so I've played lots of shit. Somehow I can't help but feel as though Nintendo sucks. However that being said, it is still in sgit tonnes of houses right now and will continue to be for a whole yet.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
15-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Oh yes, I tried Sega when I was a kid at a friends place. I was too confused. It was (as I know by now) sonic game. and it went so fast that I didn't know when to press what button and what to do at all.

playstation, i just don't like the style.

and nintendo, at least back then, was really nice to play. dunno about the latest games and consoles

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
15-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Nintendo 64 was great. I was just playing it. leela you really need to get a new system. you're missing out.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
16-01-2012, 08:27 AM
I've had a Wii for a couple of years now. It's an exercise machine for me. Big Grin

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
16-01-2012, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2012 11:36 AM by germanyt.)
I like it for it's nostalgic qualities but I doubt I could sit down and play a Nintendo game with a PS3 in the same room. I even ordered Tony Hawk Pro Skater for PS1 to play on my PS3 because I remembered it being the most bad ass video game ever. Playing it was crazy. It was nearly as cool as I remember and the graphics suck balls.
(15-01-2012 07:51 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Nintendo 64 was great. I was just playing it. leela you really need to get a new system. you're missing out.

IMO Mario 64 is by far the best Mario ever.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-01-2012, 01:42 PM
yes Mario 64 was great!
And yeah my favourite racing game ever was Extreme G. Also N64, I think I posted it somewhere anyway