Nishi's Irish Wake

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2016, 07:59 AM
RE: Nishi's Irish Wake
(02-05-2016 02:58 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I spent my shift at work last night thinking about this news, and when I got home I immediately picked up the guitar and tore off an hour and twenty minutes of jamming -- I got a new song out of it which will bear his screenname, and spent more than a few tears over "The Wind Cries Mary" and "Little Wing" from Jimi.

I wish I had known him better. I hope I did him right.

Post a vid if you get a chance.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
03-05-2016, 08:26 AM
Thinking of you Nishi and friends, and smiling a whole lot more than sad today. Lucky us to have a sweet sweet guy in our lives.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
03-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Right before I left for my yoga retreat, Nishi pmed me and told me he bought a beer that said Boston (my hometown) on it. He mentioned that since he was from Denmark, he didn't think the beer was actually from Boston, but he bought it nonetheless so he could have a toast with me to celebrate my new business venture.

I tried to find his Boston beer online so I could use it as my send off toast to him. I didn't have any luck in locating it, so I did his toast with some Sam Adams Boston Lager instead. I didn't take a pic because I've been a mess since finding out about his death, but rest assured, I was wearing my cat ears in honor of Erik. Heart

[Image: latest?cb=20130812031000]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
03-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Rowr!
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
03-05-2016, 09:18 AM
(03-05-2016 07:59 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Post a vid if you get a chance.

I'll be working a ten hour shift in a bit, but it's my Friday -- perhaps tomorrow or the day after ...
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
03-05-2016, 12:13 PM
(02-05-2016 06:47 PM)skyking Wrote:  I had coffee

I had a danish.

[Image: danish.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-05-2016, 12:22 PM
perfect toast..er hmmm.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
03-05-2016, 04:53 PM
(03-05-2016 08:38 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Right before I left for my yoga retreat, Nishi pmed me and told me he bought a beer that said Boston (my hometown) on it. He mentioned that since he was from Denmark, he didn't think the beer was actually from Boston, but he bought it nonetheless so he could have a toast with me to celebrate my new business venture.

I tried to find his Boston beer online so I could use it as my send off toast to him. I didn't have any luck in locating it, so I did his toast with some Sam Adams Boston Lager instead. I didn't take a pic because I've been a mess since finding out about his death, but rest assured, I was wearing my cat ears in honor of Erik. Heart

[Image: latest?cb=20130812031000]

I can't imagine that he would have had a different beer with the word "Boston" in it. I love that our world enables us to have these little connections with people so far away. I will also be buying a Boston Lager in immediate future. We'll share a drink, Jenny. Cheers!
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
03-05-2016, 05:25 PM
I researched Boston Beer in Denmark's google and it's Samuel Adams beer.

It is sold in Denmark apparently.

https://www.samueladams.com/

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-05-2016, 05:54 PM
(03-05-2016 05:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  I researched Boston Beer in Denmark's google and it's Samuel Adams beer.

It is sold in Denmark apparently.

https://www.samueladams.com/

Thanks for that Smile I guess I had the right beer after all Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post