Nishi's Irish Wake

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: Nishi's Irish Wake
(04-05-2016 03:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 02:22 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I hope we were able to give him some happiness through all of the pain he struggled with. *hugs*

I thought this was a good place to post this, since it's a thread about celebrating Erik's memory.

I was liking posts last night. 5,999 was Aliza's. Her post about having found happiness with my friend, and fellow girl-ass-luvuh, Tarty! Warmed my heart. Then I liked one of yours, Jenny. One of the ones you placed in a Nishi thread. At some point I noticed that I had 6,000 likes handed out. I unliked yours so I could make one of his my 6,000th. I chose the one that a TTA member here recently made into his sig (sorry, friend, but I forget who you are, for the moment). But then it just popped into my head that Moms had said Erik left us on, or around, the 21st of April; my Birthday. So I went back & checked and sure enough he'd posted in my thread, and I'd already liked it. I remember it was a Thursday & I got home around 6pm. Signed in & liked all my HBD wishes.

But sitting there staring at that post elicited an emotion within me I don't think they quite have a name for. An impossible mixture of both pride, and profoundly silent humility. So I unliked his HBD wish to me, which moved Aliza's down to 5,998, his other post to 99, & placing his HBD at 6,000.

Erik may very well have taken time out of his very last day on Earth to wish me Happy Birthday. I think that says everything anyone would ever need to know about the man's character! About Nishi's generosity!

It doesn't mean much, if anything, but I'm making the gesture, anyway. That's the last post I'm going to like for a while.

To Erik! Heart

Between this and what everyone has written so far--and skyking's song he sent me for Nishi--I am a sobbing mess Sadcryface

Thanks for posting this. I know Erik would be so touched by everyone's posts. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Yes he would, he was that kind of guy.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
04-05-2016, 03:57 PM
For Nishi

[+] 6 users Like skyking's post
04-05-2016, 03:58 PM
(04-05-2016 03:57 PM)skyking Wrote:  For Nishi

I love this Heart I know Nishi would too. I need Kleenex.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-05-2016, 04:20 PM
The other day he told me his favorite band was Pink Floyd. This one's for you buddy.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
04-05-2016, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 04:28 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-05-2016 04:20 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  The other day he told me his favorite band was Pink Floyd. This one's for you buddy.

Goddamit Erik! Why the fuck you no here no more?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-05-2016, 04:28 PM
(04-05-2016 03:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 03:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I thought this was a good place to post this, since it's a thread about celebrating Erik's memory.

I was liking posts last night. 5,999 was Aliza's. Her post about having found happiness with my friend, and fellow girl-ass-luvuh, Tarty! Warmed my heart. Then I liked one of yours, Jenny. One of the ones you placed in a Nishi thread. At some point I noticed that I had 6,000 likes handed out. I unliked yours so I could make one of his my 6,000th. I chose the one that a TTA member here recently made into his sig (sorry, friend, but I forget who you are, for the moment). But then it just popped into my head that Moms had said Erik left us on, or around, the 21st of April; my Birthday. So I went back & checked and sure enough he'd posted in my thread, and I'd already liked it. I remember it was a Thursday & I got home around 6pm. Signed in & liked all my HBD wishes.

But sitting there staring at that post elicited an emotion within me I don't think they quite have a name for. An impossible mixture of both pride, and profoundly silent humility. So I unliked his HBD wish to me, which moved Aliza's down to 5,998, his other post to 99, & placing his HBD at 6,000.

Erik may very well have taken time out of his very last day on Earth to wish me Happy Birthday. I think that says everything anyone would ever need to know about the man's character! About Nishi's generosity!

It doesn't mean much, if anything, but I'm making the gesture, anyway. That's the last post I'm going to like for a while.

To Erik! Heart

Between this and what everyone has written so far--and skyking's song he sent me for Nishi--I am a sobbing mess Sadcryface

Thanks for posting this. I know Erik would be so touched by everyone's posts. Heart

Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-05-2016, 05:29 PM
(04-05-2016 01:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:02 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [Image: giphy.gif]

But ... there where so many bands he never got to hear.

I hardly knew him, but i'm really tearing up here.

*hugs* We are all extremely heartbroken. I haven't stopped crying since I found out. I miss him so much. He was such an awesome person on every level.

I wasn't very close with him like you, and I'm fucking torqued out of shape.
04-05-2016, 05:34 PM
(04-05-2016 05:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs* We are all extremely heartbroken. I haven't stopped crying since I found out. I miss him so much. He was such an awesome person on every level.

I wasn't very close with him like you, and I'm fucking torqued out of shape.

Hug Yeah, I'm a mess. Sadcryface
04-05-2016, 05:39 PM
((((JB))))
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post