Nishi's old posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Nishi's old posts
I noticed that Nishi's posts now have a "find" button on the lower left corner. When I clicked on it it took me to all the posts he contributed to the forum. Thank you for doing this. How long will that function be there?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Nishi's old posts
(04-05-2016 01:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I noticed that Nishi's posts now have a "find" button on the lower left corner. When I clicked on it it took me to all the posts he contributed to the forum. Thank you for doing this. How long will that function be there?

Ummmm.... I see that on all posts no matter who it was...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
04-05-2016, 01:33 PM
(04-05-2016 01:22 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I noticed that Nishi's posts now have a "find" button on the lower left corner. When I clicked on it it took me to all the posts he contributed to the forum. Thank you for doing this. How long will that function be there?

Ummmm.... I see that on all posts no matter who it was...

You're right. It's the PM button that's missing. The "find" button looks so lonely there all by itself. Sadcryface
I guess that made the "find" button stand out more.

04-05-2016, 01:44 PM
(04-05-2016 01:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:22 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Ummmm.... I see that on all posts no matter who it was...

You're right. It's the PM button that's missing. The "find" button looks so lonely there all by itself. Sadcryface

I've been reading over some of his old posts. They make me smile and sad all at the same time. Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-05-2016, 01:51 PM
(04-05-2016 01:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You're right. It's the PM button that's missing. The "find" button looks so lonely there all by itself. Sadcryface

I've been reading over some of his old posts. They make me smile and sad all at the same time. Undecided

He definitely hid his pain well.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
04-05-2016, 01:52 PM
(04-05-2016 01:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:22 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Ummmm.... I see that on all posts no matter who it was...

So the question is why the PM is missing, unless it is just that the inbox is full.

04-05-2016, 01:59 PM
(04-05-2016 01:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I've been reading over some of his old posts. They make me smile and sad all at the same time. Undecided

He definitely hid his pain well.

I was just talking to Aliza about that the other day. He was very skilled at not letting anyone know how bad it was.
04-05-2016, 05:11 PM

You can go a member's name and look at all their posts from there. There are links for their posts, their threads, their likes given, and their likes received.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-05-2016, 05:57 PM
(04-05-2016 01:59 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  He definitely hid his pain well.

I was just talking to Aliza about that the other day. He was very skilled at not letting anyone know how bad it was.

When he sent me a private message it almost had hints of paranoia. He was very, very concerned that my compliment to him in the accent tag thread had an ulterior motive to it. I'm not sure what ulterior motive I would have had. I assured him that I didn't but he was reluctant to believe me. We went back and forth a few times discussing things and he admitted that he had some huge problems he was working through, stuff that had been with him since childhood. He apologized several times for not being able to accept compliments and I made some jokes about this and that, but really, I could tell he had some dark places in his head.

I wish I had kept up with the private messages

I deleted the messages from him. Is there a way to retrieve them back??

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-05-2016, 06:11 PM
(04-05-2016 05:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 01:59 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I was just talking to Aliza about that the other day. He was very skilled at not letting anyone know how bad it was.

When he sent me a private message it almost had hints of paranoia. He was very, very concerned that my compliment to him in the accent tag thread had an ulterior motive to it. I'm not sure what ulterior motive I would have had. I assured him that I didn't but he was reluctant to believe me. We went back and forth a few times discussing things and he admitted that he had some huge problems he was working through, stuff that had been with him since childhood. He apologized several times for not being able to accept compliments and I made some jokes about this and that, but really, I could tell he had some dark places in his head.

I wish I had kept up with the private messages

I deleted the messages from him. Is there a way to retrieve them back??

I don't know about retrieving old messages. I usually delete mine as well because my inbox fills so quickly. I wish I had some of our old pm's.

I know Nishi struggled with depression/anxiety and I would see it once in awhile in our private convos, but he was skilled in appearing upbeat even though inside he was struggling. He never wanted me to worry about him so I think he took everything he had to make sure that didn't happen even though I told him I was there for him to listen.