No Atheists in Foxholes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 01:55 PM
No Atheists in Foxholes?
I had a bizarre and intense dream last night. Myself and the people with me were in some kind of armed battle with Russian soldiers. It was in an urban setting, with buildings and warehouses, etc. As we moved along the streets, we soon found ourselves surrounded on all sides. We all got captured. The Russian soldiers began shooting the captives where they sat, with automatic rifles. I could clearly hear the rat-tat-tat-tat-tat of their rifles, as they shot each one of us, execution style. Then, it was my turn. A soldier stood behind me and was about to shoot. I begged to be spared ... to no avail. I heard the rifle racked. Thoughts of how quickly I would die, and what kind of suffering I would endure before I died, and please make it multiple head shots, and the ultimate and final reality of my non-existence raced through my mind. Through all that, not once did I evoke any kind of supernatural intervention. That thought never even entered my mind.

Yeah, I know. It was just a dream. But in my mind, it was just as stark and intense as the real deal.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
08-04-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: No Atheists in Foxholes?
You are safe now. I hope you feel better.

Recently suffered loss of intelligence. Had little to begin with! I should not miss it.
08-04-2014, 03:32 PM
(08-04-2014 02:20 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You are safe now. I hope you feel better.

You may have missed the point of my post.
08-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Maybe. My head is a bit cloudy. But I mean at least you're awake. Last weeked I dreamed I was being chased by velociraptors in SS uniforms.

No supernatural intervention for me either. Wink

Recently suffered loss of intelligence. Had little to begin with! I should not miss it.