No Choice, No Voice, No Vote.!?!?!?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 04:44 PM
In Oklahoma, 16,000 people left the presidential vote box BLANK. How about your state or did you leave it blank and why?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2016, 05:03 PM
RE: No Choice, No Voice, No Vote.!?!?!?!
(16-11-2016 04:44 PM)doc88401 Wrote:  In Oklahoma, 16,000 people left the presidential vote box BLANK. How about your state or did you leave it blank and why?

I voted for Clinton, even though I thought she was a terrible candidate (I would have much preferred Bernie Sanders, for whom I voted in the primary). But either she or Trump was going to win, and he was a much worse candidate. So she got my vote. I never even considered leaving it blank. Anything would have been better than Trump, but you have to choose a particular "anything". "Blank" can't win an election.
16-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Last I heard, there were some 16 different candidates, some belonging to sliver and obscure parties, some independent, some so marginal that they were only on the ballot in their home state.
Granted, a lot of these people are outright kooks and probably non would make a competent president... though even the Marijuana guy was better than the one you ended up with!
The mechanism exists for nominations other than the super-big, super-rich parties.
I wonder why more people don't join these grass-roots organizations.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
16-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Glad to see that though it's probably by a lot of religious conservatives that didn't want to vote Trump along with other conservative candidate votes they still knew it's an election about more than just presidency.

Because people talk like this isn't an option enough when talking about the voting proccess.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
16-11-2016, 06:27 PM
(16-11-2016 04:44 PM)doc88401 Wrote:  In Oklahoma, 16,000 people left the presidential vote box BLANK. How about your state or did you leave it blank and why?

I don't know if people did or not.

I didn't.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-11-2016, 03:59 PM
(16-11-2016 06:06 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Last I heard, there were some 16 different candidates, some belonging to sliver and obscure parties, some independent, some so marginal that they were only on the ballot in their home state.
Granted, a lot of these people are outright kooks and probably non would make a competent president... though even the Marijuana guy was better than the one you ended up with!
The mechanism exists for nominations other than the super-big, super-rich parties.
I wonder why more people don't join these grass-roots organizations.
I'm guessing that the marijuana guy is Gary Johnson, I am a New Mexico native and I lived there when he was governor, he lower taxes and left office with a multi-million dollar surplus, small government that minds it's own business, so even when he was in the GOP, he was a libertarian at heart.