No CoD Fanboys/girls?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2012, 12:43 PM
No CoD Fanboys/girls?
I am surprised I didn't see a Call of Duty thread at the top of the forum so I figured I would start one.

Does anybody play regularly and would like to play together sometime?

My gamertag is Mr Gnawty (with the space between the words) and I actually used to play CoD4 "semi-professionally" on GameBattles.com and in tournaments around Saint Louis.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: No CoD Fanboys/girls?
I'd play but I let my live expire. And you play using computer.

That and the only reason I enjoyed playing COD in the past was for co-op.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2012, 01:08 PM
I actually play on the XBOX 360. I don't know why you thought I played on the computer? lol
16-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I enjoyed COD4 because it was different to the seemingly endless stream of WWII shooters that were out at the time, but got bored of the COD franchise pretty quickly.

There is only so many times you can release an identical game with a different name or number tagged onto it before it gets really dull really fast.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
16-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Sorry, I am unfamiliar with the gamebattles website and assumed it was a some kind of COD server.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I agree with you FSM_scot, and I go through phases of playing then not playing. CoD4 was the only time I was all that into the franchise.

Gamebattles.com is an MLG affiliate that runs free tournaments across multiple platforms for various titles.
[+] 1 user Likes MrGnawty's post
16-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Personal favorite so far is Black Ops. Do not care much for MW3. Was sorely disappointed with the fast pace of the story....beat it rather quickly. Online play...is just not as good as the previous game was. Nonetheless COD is not too bad.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
16-04-2012, 02:23 PM
(16-04-2012 02:18 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Personal favorite so far is Black Ops. Do not care much for MW3. Was sorely disappointed with the fast pace of the story....beat it rather quickly. Online play...is just not as good as the previous game was. Nonetheless COD is not too bad.
I wasn't big into Black Ops because Treyarch is notoriously bad at polishing games. Every class set up I had used Dead Silence because the sounds for running were so bad it sounded like someone was constantly behind you. Not to mention the graphics, animations, and gun sounds were atrocious by comparison to the games that Infinity Ward made. I'm not a story person and I have honestly never played MW3s campaign.

Black Ops was great in a few ways, but it lacked the overall polish that the Modern Warfare games have.
16-04-2012, 02:25 PM
(16-04-2012 02:23 PM)MrGnawty Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 02:18 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Personal favorite so far is Black Ops. Do not care much for MW3. Was sorely disappointed with the fast pace of the story....beat it rather quickly. Online play...is just not as good as the previous game was. Nonetheless COD is not too bad.
I wasn't big into Black Ops because Treyarch is notoriously bad at polishing games. Every class set up I had used Dead Silence because the sounds for running were so bad it sounded like someone was constantly behind you. Not to mention the graphics, animations, and gun sounds were atrocious by comparison to the games that Infinity Ward made. I'm not a story person and I have honestly never played MW3s campaign.

Black Ops was great in a few ways, but it lacked the overall polish that the Modern Warfare games have.
This is going to sound bad, but maybe it is a good idea for you to keep avoiding story mode...at least when it comes to MW3. Huge Disappointment! Huge!

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
16-04-2012, 02:31 PM
(16-04-2012 02:25 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  
(16-04-2012 02:23 PM)MrGnawty Wrote:  I wasn't big into Black Ops because Treyarch is notoriously bad at polishing games. Every class set up I had used Dead Silence because the sounds for running were so bad it sounded like someone was constantly behind you. Not to mention the graphics, animations, and gun sounds were atrocious by comparison to the games that Infinity Ward made. I'm not a story person and I have honestly never played MW3s campaign.

This is going to sound bad, but maybe it is a good idea for you to keep avoiding story mode...at least when it comes to MW3. Huge Disappointment! Huge!
Hahahahaha! I don't doubt you there, but I should really get around to collecting those achievements. My rocking K/D will be forgotten, but achievement points are forever!