No Comfort from Ray. (Banana Man)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: No Comfort from Ray. (Banana Man)
Actually, I don't have time... it's an hour long, and I have to be there in 20 mins. Will pause and return! Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaand the client calls after I'm sitting there for 20 minutes to tell me he can't make it today.

*sigh* Sure, buddy, 'cuz there's nothing better I could be doing with my evening than stopping work so I can come try to improve the product I'm gonna be designing for you, only to find out that you can't come because you "had to finish up some stuff at work this evening".

Rolleyes

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
01-09-2015, 07:12 PM
(25-04-2015 12:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I’m sure many of you have heard Ray Comforts.

If you lie. You’re a liar.

If you Steal. You’re a thief

If you look at a woman with Lust. Then you’re a Rapist!

Therefore god.

After I whipped the blood from my nose every time I hear this. I realizing it this is popping up in many other arguments now. Seeing how I feel it my come to my door step someday. I would like to hear people ideas for a good rebuttal?

I thought of
Have you ever driven a car? Then you’re a Racecar driver!
Have you ever played Basketball? Then you’re a Basketball Player!
Have you ever taken a woman out for dinner? Then you’re a Pimp!

My response would be Ray, how can I reliably distinguish what you are calling god from something you are merely imaging, because when you tell me about your God, I have no alternative but to imagine it.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
01-09-2015, 07:19 PM
(28-04-2015 01:49 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I occasionally play basketball with my buddies, no one calls me a basketball player. I mow my lawn once a week, and no one calls me a landscaper. But, man, I get drunk and give one blow job and I never hear the end of it.

I'd ask them if Jesus is more like blow jobs than basketballs.

Before I could see who posted this I had already written "fuckin' earmuffs".

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-09-2015, 07:19 PM
(25-04-2015 12:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I’m sure many of you have heard Ray Comforts.

If you lie. You’re a liar.

If you Steal. You’re a thief

If you look at a woman with Lust. Then you’re a Rapist!

Therefore god.

After I whipped the blood from my nose every time I hear this. I realizing it this is popping up in many other arguments now. Seeing how I feel it my come to my door step someday. I would like to hear people ideas for a good rebuttal?

I thought of
Have you ever driven a car? Then you’re a Racecar driver!
Have you ever played Basketball? Then you’re a Basketball Player!
Have you ever taken a woman out for dinner? Then you’re a Pimp!

Or alternately, I might say Ray, while I haven't ever stolen anything I have lied, and it made me feel bad to do this so I avoid it now. You see I learned from that experience that it is not in my self interest to lie. As for looking at women with lust, yes absolutely. I relish the sight of a beautiful woman. There's no more beautiful sight than the female form. I do this even if you and your imaginary God do not approve.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
01-09-2015, 07:26 PM
I never heard of the guy outside of this forum but he looks a scrawny Joe Weider. At least Joe was selling something I can use.

[Image: RayComfort.jpg][Image: weider.jpg]

#sigh
01-09-2015, 07:45 PM
If I kick you in the nuts, does that make me a nutter?

If I read history, does that make me historic?

If I read Homer, does that make me Pagan?

Other than that I'd abuse him for his arrogance and lack of respect for individuals.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
01-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Ray Comfort is the incredulity guy.
If he doesn't understand something then quite clearly "god did it".

Quite frankly you'd be hard pressed to find anything this guy can understand.
02-09-2015, 06:30 AM
I've done something good, I guess that makes me a saint. In fact my own moral character is far better than this god character.

Stealing something doesn't make me a thief in much the same way that having a single beer doesn't make me a raging alcoholic.

Ray have you heard of the word fraud ?
You've made a business out of lying to people and manipulating them. You're a fraud and even I don't think you deserve eternal torture for the things you've done.

And thinking that you can do whatever you want as long as you got some fictional character in your corner is the pinnacle of immorality.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
02-09-2015, 08:35 AM
(01-09-2015 07:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I never heard of the guy outside of this forum but he looks a scrawny Joe Weider. At least Joe was selling something I can use.

[Image: RayComfort.jpg][Image: weider.jpg]

If you haven't heard of him. This is what made him infamous.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin