No Comfort from Ray. (Banana Man)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 11:03 AM
RE: No Comfort from Ray. (Banana Man)
(01-09-2015 03:08 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I hate ray comfort almost as much as I do sye ten or ken ham.

I don't hate any of them, I pity them. They are the worst thing for faith.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2015, 12:26 PM
(02-09-2015 11:03 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 03:08 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I hate ray comfort almost as much as I do sye ten or ken ham.

I don't hate any of them, I pity them. They are the worst thing for faith.

I don't pity them one bit. They are, to my mind, among the most despicable types of human being. People who believe out of mere ignorance, fine. They were unlikely to influence the course of human history anyway. But when guys like Comfort go out there and deliberately employ tactics designed to fool the human psychology, they run the common risk of keeping someone who has a potentially brilliant mind (if filled with the knowledge of physics or biochem instead of Bible verses) locked in the emotional shackles of the just-so belief systems.

Worse, these teachings deliberately attack people's ability to show true empathy (as the guys on "Atheists Watch..." said, "they were sooo close to getting it") and replace that with a system of judgement based on imposing an external system of morality that just happens to ignore everything we know about human evolution, development, and seuxality. The result of THAT is thousands of suicides a year and homeless LGBT teens, not to mention the torment of us nonbelievers (which I list last because I think it's far less harmful/dangerous than what those kids go through in the LGBT community).

So fuck that guy. Fuck him right in the eye socket. With a "fits-my-palm-like-a-dick" banana.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-09-2015, 12:40 PM
(02-09-2015 12:26 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 11:03 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't hate any of them, I pity them. They are the worst thing for faith.

I don't pity them one bit. They are, to my mind, among the most despicable types of human being. People who believe out of mere ignorance, fine. They were unlikely to influence the course of human history anyway. But when guys like Comfort go out there and deliberately employ tactics designed to fool the human psychology, they run the common risk of keeping someone who has a potentially brilliant mind (if filled with the knowledge of physics or biochem instead of Bible verses) locked in the emotional shackles of the just-so belief systems.

Worse, these teachings deliberately attack people's ability to show true empathy (as the guys on "Atheists Watch..." said, "they were sooo close to getting it") and replace that with a system of judgement based on imposing an external system of morality that just happens to ignore everything we know about human evolution, development, and seuxality. The result of THAT is thousands of suicides a year and homeless LGBT teens, not to mention the torment of us nonbelievers (which I list last because I think it's far less harmful/dangerous than what those kids go through in the LGBT community).

So fuck that guy. Fuck him right in the eye socket. With a "fits-my-palm-like-a-dick" banana.

I agree. He enforces the worst part of religion, guilt and fear. Did you know gay's are the same as adulterers? If your a lair your going to hell. But lucky for you I came along! Because I'm going to tell you about JESUS!

Propagating stupidity.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
02-09-2015, 02:08 PM
(02-09-2015 12:26 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 11:03 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't hate any of them, I pity them. They are the worst thing for faith.

OK, that was friggin' HILARIOUS!!!! Bowing

I pity them from the standpoint that their minds are so warped that they can't even realize that what they are saying is so stupid. Now if they are charlatans, then right, fuck them in the ear and they are the biggest POS walking on the face of the planet. But I have to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are just that deluded and incapable of realizing a stupid argument and also not capable of seeing the damage they are contributing to. I feel terrible for people who have lived their entire lives like this, so hopelessly deluded that their entire existence has been wasted and the only thing they will be remembered for is a banana. I find that kind of sad.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
02-09-2015, 02:27 PM
(02-09-2015 02:08 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I pity them from the standpoint that their minds are so warped that they can't even realize that what they are saying is so stupid. Now if they are charlatans, then right, fuck them in the ear and they are the biggest POS walking on the face of the planet.
Option 2 is correct.

Quote:But I have to give them the benefit of the doubt that they are just that deluded and incapable of realizing a stupid argument and also not capable of seeing the damage they are contributing to
Many many tickle up-arse-in

In other words ya don't have to give them no benefit of doubt.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-09-2015, 02:40 PM
The (long) Video (Audacity) I post was reviewed by The Bible Reloaded. A pair of really funny guys. They went threw great lengths not to play any audio, or video on the movie in there review. They are aware that Ray Comfort and his people are Sue happy when it comes to opposite option. Less then 12 hours after they posted their review it was taken down by Youtube.

Later they did a follow up on what went down. They had the video taken down when someone from the Ray Comforts Church saw the video and notified Youtube. They we're given a notice that their Channel would be shut down which is suckie for them because they make a meager living from their channel. After a lot of help from other people on the YouTube Community they found out it wasn't from Ray Comfort and Comfort gave the ok to post it.

So at least he's not a total Asshole. Just a standard Asshole.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
02-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Probably Comfort's lawyers told him to grant that permission; if it could have been linked that they were denied their income, despite not having violated any of the actual elements of the law, because of lies by the Comfort Crew, they might've had a countersuit.

YouTube couldn't be blamed for erring on the side of caution (and not having time to investigate each claim individually), so it would have landed squarely in Comfort's lap. Even if he wound up winning the case, it could have proved costly in time and money for him, so Comfort's lawyers likely advised him to put a stop to the harassment of the Reloaded boys.

(TL;dr version = "Standard asshole.")

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
02-09-2015, 09:07 PM
(02-09-2015 08:06 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Probably Comfort's lawyers told him to grant that permission; if it could have been linked that they were denied their income, despite not having violated any of the actual elements of the law, because of lies by the Comfort Crew, they might've had a countersuit.

I also have the sneaking suspicion that Comfort realizes that more people will eventually hear it and see it if the guys from Reloaded posted it than it would if it was just on the Living Waters channel. LW barely has more subs than TBR. Just a guess though.

- Paul Dirac
03-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Guy's a quasar of radiant douchebaggery; I can't see how atheists get within a mile of him. If anybody thinks they will be fairly represented by him, their thinker needs a check-up.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-09-2015, 02:00 AM
"Radiant douchebaggery". Another great album title from HoC. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post